Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #1051
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybee View Post
Just noticed a posting on the theme park board where a poster mentions that since the res for the premium area don't ask for the name of the 2nd guest how does the 2nd guest get there credentials ? Apparently this poster called back and was told that the 2nd name was supposed to be in there for the credentials . Interesting point. OMG I don't want to have to call again. Are they going to "assume " it is for the other person sharing the room ? What if there are 4 of you and only 2 are going ?
I never even thought of that when I was booking, but the next day I logged into the app on my phone and it had my name and asked for the name of the other person out of the people listed on my friends list. I was able to fix it from there.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #1052
GPoppins
70+ Trips to WDW & Counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawrsh2008 View Post
Just an update on the Premium Package - I have confirmed via Dine management that Each person will receive the goody bag and the gift card. Yay! I hope that helps.
Well, now I'm confused. I booked the premium package today. There are three adults in my party and I had to book three individual packages - as in $199 x 3 - so that we will all receive the MBs, credentials, gift cards, etc. So...was that an unnecessary, expensive slip-up on my and the CM's parts?? The poor CM didn't even understand what I was booking at first so perhaps that should have been a clue for me...

Any thoughts? When you say you confirmed "via Dine management..." do you mean that you called the dining line and spoke with a CM?

UGH!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #1053
pepperandchips
[melinda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPoppins View Post
Well, now I'm confused. I booked the premium package today. There are three adults in my party and I had to book three individual packages - as in $199 x 3 - so that we will all receive the MBs, credentials, gift cards, etc. So...was that an unnecessary, expensive slip-up on my and the CM's parts?? The poor CM didn't even understand what I was booking at first so perhaps that should have been a clue for me... Any thoughts? When you say you confirmed "via Dine management..." do you mean that you called the dining line and spoke with a CM? UGH!!!
It seems like from your description you did the correct thing - yes it is $199 per person.

And our friend Gawrsh IS a dining CM. So I think we have a good and final answer there!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #1054
GPoppins
70+ Trips to WDW & Counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperandchips View Post
It seems like from your description you did the correct thing - yes it is $199 per person.

And our friend Gawrsh IS a dining CM. So I think we have a good and final answer there!
Thanks for the response and thanks to Gawrsh for the connection! I love these boards!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM   #1055
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssphillips View Post
Demos are 45 minutes long. Check out Disney food blog for more info on demo.
Thanks. I had read the Disney food blog description. I was wondering if anyone here had done the experience last year and could tell me how it was. I googled and read some reviews so I'm all set now.

Thanks
~N
Old 08-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #1056
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Did we ever get an answer or determine what would happen with split stays? I still want to sign up for the premium package but with a split stay, I don't know what to do! I emailed IPO and they were really confused and thought I was referencing the Premium Dining Package!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #1057
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
I never even thought of that when I was booking, but the next day I logged into the app on my phone and it had my name and asked for the name of the other person out of the people listed on my friends list. I was able to fix it from there.
I called back after reserving the Preimum to give them my friend's name. CM told me that wasn't necessary. So now I tried to add her on MDE but DVC has put her in the lead instead of me so I can't make any changes or additions. I'll have to get DVC to make me lead and then add Judys name to the Premium reservation. It's no wonder the phones are always tied up...you have to call so many times to get a correct answer and them to get everything straigntened out.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #1058
hockey mom
Loves to do the Napkin Dance at Chef Mickeys!
That's what I call soaking up the atmosphere

Ok little confused. Do you use the $50 dollar credit to pay for your snacks or are they included?
Old 08-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #1059
pepperandchips
[melinda]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPoppins View Post
Thanks for the response and thanks to Gawrsh for the connection! I love these boards!
AGREED! It's so nice to have an "official" connection and so many folks who can give advice/opinions! We are 3 adults doing the F&W premium package too. I'll be honest it's probably worth it to us just for having seats... Haha!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:09 AM   #1060
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperandchips View Post
AGREED! It's so nice to have an "official" connection and so many folks who can give advice/opinions! We are 3 adults doing the F&W premium package too. I'll be honest it's probably worth it to us just for having seats... Haha!
Has anyone confirmed that the 10 concierge areas will have seats?

I'm a bit on the fence about booking. I can see the $50 gift card value and the $80 after party value. I understand that the wine, truffles, wine glass and MagicBand have a monetary value as well, but we likely wouldn't bother buying any of those things. If CMs/Managers have confirmed that the premium areas contain seating then that might make it worthwhile to us!
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #1061
TinkerBelle_325

Also, this is pure speculation but has anyone else been considering where the 10 locations might be?

I've circled more than 10 on this map, but these are my ideas of where the locations could be.

UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 08-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #1062
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

The problem with the circles is that is also where a lot of the booths are so then where are they going?
That spot across from Canada held the Greece booth last year.
The spot near America had the booth with the lobster rolls (they get creative on that one so I can't recall the name)
The spot between Morocco and France was the Belgium booth

That's just what I remember quickly off my head.

Now some of your circles are where I thought they would have this.

And then if you have the spot near the two shops what do you get delivered from there?

This has been my problem with the 10 spots. Once you actually block out the locations for the booths it's getting crowded!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:54 AM   #1063
TinkerBelle_325

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
The problem with the circles is that is also where a lot of the booths are so then where are they going?
That spot across from Canada held the Greece booth last year.
The spot near America had the booth with the lobster rolls (they get creative on that one so I can't recall the name)
The spot between Morocco and France was the Belgium booth

That's just what I remember quickly off my head.

Now some of your circles are where I thought they would have this.

And then if you have the spot near the two shops what do you get delivered from there?

This has been my problem with the 10 spots. Once you actually block out the locations for the booths it's getting crowded!
It's pretty easy to move the booths, and they are just speculation on my part.

Greece could be moved close to Hawaii and Desserts and Champagne, Belgium could be moved closer to New Zealand and Morocco, Hops and Barley could be moved to the other side of the American Adventure.

As far as what runners could get in the area between the two shops: Hawaii, Craft Beers, Terra, Brazil, Australia, were all in that area last year.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #1064
kaylasmom07
Mouseketeer

I can not even begin to speculate where booths and premium areas will be since this will be my first food and wine visit ever, but I am very intrigued.

I am very interested to see how this all turns out.

Also I think it's very interesting that there are so many comments on the Disney Parks Blog article pertaining to these new offerings and nobody has answered them yet. Is that normal?
kaylasmom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #1065
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasmom07 View Post
Also I think it's very interesting that there are so many comments on the Disney Parks Blog article pertaining to these new offerings and nobody has answered them yet. Is that normal?
I thought that was a bit odd also.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: