Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #76
acklizzy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
This is from August 2013

It seems everything has been pushed up a week this year because of the early start to the Festival. So MAYBE the early booking will be August 1? The date has not been released.
Thanks redzinner I hope to maybe book a chocolate or cheese seminar ideally with the Disney Visa pre-booking. Fingers crossed.

Disneyland: Paradise Pier- April '04
acklizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:25 AM   #77
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Disney Visa prebooking was the day before the actual booking date, it was August 12 while the public booking date was August 13.

It's all speculation right now but we are looking at possibly August 1 for DVC/TIW/AP prebooking on certain events, August 4 for Disney Visa limited capacity for all events, and August 5 for general booking. IF they don't change things on us, because Disney hasn't released any dates yet and there's been no offer from Chase yet.
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #78
parith1114
DIS Veteran

I have done F&W before, but always with kids...
This year my husband and I and another couple are going without the kiddos. The other couple has some date restrictions, meaning the must go on a weekend. I realize this isn't the optimal time to go. SO...with all that being said is there a weekend you would pick, avoid, etc.?

New Year's 96 First trip to Disney off site

04/2001 - off site 03/2003 - off site 04/2004 - off site
04/2005 - off site 05/2006 - POR 09/2006 - ASSports
09/2007 - WL 09/2008 - POP 12/2009 - POP
09/2011 - AsMu 06/2012 - off site 11/2012 - POP
12/2012 - AoA 1/2013 - CSR 6/2014 -YC/CBR
9/2014 - CSR 11/2014 - Dolphin 2/2015 - POFQ
3/2015 - DTD hotel
parith1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #79
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parith1114 View Post
I have done F&W before, but always with kids...
This year my husband and I and another couple are going without the kiddos. The other couple has some date restrictions, meaning the must go on a weekend. I realize this isn't the optimal time to go. SO...with all that being said is there a weekend you would pick, avoid, etc.?
Avoid Columbus Day Weekend as it tends to be rather crowded.

I would also try to avoid Wine & Dine Half-Marathon or Tower of Terror 10 Miler Weekends.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #80
SoonipiLady
DIS Veteran

We chose mid-October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Avoid Columbus Day Weekend as it tends to be rather crowded.

I would also try to avoid Wine & Dine Half-Marathon or Tower of Terror 10 Miler Weekends.
After Columbus Day. We will be there the 23rd-27th. No for dining, so hopefully it will be slightly quieter, no big events, not opening or closing weekends. Hoping that makes it a good one!

Me (49) DH (50) DD(17) DS(13) Java(5) Jackson(rip)
SoonipiLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #81
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If you want Wine View, based on last year you will not be able to book ahead as a DVC/AP/TIW member. You may be able to book ahead if you have a Disney Visa card - assuming the same thing happens again this year. If you don't manage to grab a Disney Visa spot then you have to do the phone thing over again when general booking opens.
Thanks for the info.
We do want the WIne View Lounge and although we have DVC/AP/TiW we don't have Disney Visa as we live in the UK where this sadly isn't available to us
Do reservations open for the WVL at a later date than the general admission reservations then?
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #82
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If everything is exactly the same as last year - and the Disney system is fully operational and not malfunctioning - then Wine View Lounge reservations will open at 7 AM Eastern on the day that is scheduled for general public booking. Unfortunately for international visitors, there isn't any way to book these events besides a phone call (at least there hasn't been yet - we have no idea yet if this will be the year that changes and they have online booking for everything).
Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #83
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
If everything is exactly the same as last year - and the Disney system is fully operational and not malfunctioning - then Wine View Lounge reservations will open at 7 AM Eastern on the day that is scheduled for general public booking. Unfortunately for international visitors, there isn't any way to book these events besides a phone call (at least there hasn't been yet - we have no idea yet if this will be the year that changes and they have online booking for everything).
Great info, thanks so much.
I wasn't sure if Disney sold the WVL on opening day along with general admission - good to know that they do and thanks for clarifying
I shall be following the thread with interest to get more info :-)
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #84
Empress Room
Mouseketeer

July 19 F&W Preview?

Has anyone attended the F&W Tables In Wonderland Preview Event at World Showplace in years past? DW and I decided to sign up for this year's event when it went on sale yesterday - the price point for the strolling appetizers and plated dinner inspired by and previewing some of the new offerings which will be coming to the 2014 F&W appears extremely reasonable and the event's description almost makes it seem as if it is a "mini" Party For The Senses?

Would be interested in hearing any reviews from years past. The chance to preview the F&W Festival two months early (and use a Delta companion ticket that's expiring soon) seemed too good to pass up...

Last edited by Empress Room; 06-24-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Empress Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #85
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post
Has anyone attended the F&W Tables In Wonderland Preview Event at World Showplace in years past? DW and I decided to sign up for this year's event when it went on sale yesterday - the price point for the strolling appetizers and plated dinner inspired by and previewing some of the new offerings which will be coming to the 2014 F&W appears extremely reasonable and the event's description almost makes it seem as if it is a "mini" Party For The Senses?

Would be interested in hearing any reviews from year's past. The chance to preview the F&W Festival two months early (and use a Delta companion ticket that's expiring soon) seemed too good to pass up...

I did this event in 2011. Review is in my signature under July 2011.

Its different than a mini-Party of the Senses at least in years past.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #86
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Room View Post

Would be interested in hearing any reviews from year's past. The chance to preview the F&W Festival two months early (and use a Delta companion ticket that's expiring soon) seemed too good to pass up...
I attended last year. The way it was organized there was a cocktail hour with some appetizers available on a buffet table followed by a sit-down dinner (assigned tables) during which there was a short presentation for every course as well as an overview presentation (in powerpoint) of the festival highlights. It was hosted by the same woman who hosts most of the celeb chef demos during the festival (Pam?).

I seem to recall that it may not have been the most well-organized event but it was certainly fun getting a sneak preview (& taste) of what was coming in the festival.

I'm sure you'll have a great time. Hope you report back to us with everything you learn!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #87
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanJDis2014 View Post
At the festival booths am I able to ask for things without sauces or other parts of the dish? I'm allergic to eggs and am worried the portions are already pre-made or that the CMs will get annoyed at my requests.
Advice? Thnx
I have a dairy allergy and I was able to ask for items without sauces. They didn't seem annoyed or anything.

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:46 AM   #88
Empress Room
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
I did this event in 2011. Review is in my signature under July 2011.

Its different than a mini-Party of the Senses at least in years past.
Interesting that when you attended, the event appeared much smaller in scale as it was at Wonders. It must be more popular as they have moved it to the World Showplace (hence my "mini" PFTS comment) and have told attendees that the guest limit is 250 guests. Also interesting that the focus/theme now appears to be the offerings from the various booths as the plated portion has three entrees from Patagonia, Farm Fresh and Puerto Rico.

My guess is that Pam will be there again as well - she's everywhere at F&W!

Your reviews are helpful and it sounds like you had a nice time. Thanks.
Empress Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #89
ladyelenawf
Never too old to be treated like a Princess!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acklizzy View Post
First FW was last year and I was amazed. This year I'll definitely need to stop at more places. What are people's top few. I have read Disneyfoodblog reviews but want to know what you guys think about top snacks. I loved the frozen s'more, but that is the only one that sticks out. Does anyone know if the kiosks accept Disney Rewards Dollars? I have quite a few racked up and would love to use them towards some delicious snacks.
I hope they bring back the Pork Belly w/ black beans!! It was my *ABSOLUTE* favorite. Well, food that is. The Dragonberry Colada made the top of my favorite alcohol list. The Aulani Sunrise was a close second. I was torn over the desserts. It was between the Warm Chocolate Custard, pistachio pudding, & the strawberry ice cream. I thought about posting pics, but they are kind of huge & I didn't really want to be thread hog.

Not to start a debate, but the Frozen S'more I got didn't seem that well mixed. I don't know what was in it, but it seemed grainy. There was so much I loved, but you said just a top few.

LLT2 24OCT-09NOV WL & sharing WDW w/ fiancé 08-14 DEC 2014 SS
Crazy Christmas Tour 02-08Dec 2012 POR Princess Room!!, Ladies & Liquor Tour: 23Sep-06Oct 2012 AKL,
Dec 2010 Off Site, Feb 2006 AKL, May 1999 FW-C
ladyelenawf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #90
Stinky_Pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelenawf View Post
Not to start a debate, but the Frozen S'more I got didn't seem that well mixed. I don't know what was in it, but it seemed grainy. There was so much I loved, but you said just a top few.
No need for a debate...we all have our own foods (and beverages) we like and don't like. And they're not always the same. It's all good!

I was personally a little disappointed with the s'mores drink too. I really wanted to like it. I thought the concept was great! In the end, it just didn't do it for me. I think it wasn't as chocolately as I thought it would be.

If they have it again this year, I'll probably try it again. Like I said, I like the concept. Maybe the one I got just wasn't executed very well.

After having my first portion of the curry from Singapore, that I loved, I overheard a chef next to the booth, on his phone, telling the person on the other end that it didn't taste right. So, not everything is always the way it's supposed to be every time.
Stinky_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: