Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #196
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinandSugarBear

Not a problem I'm going on my 11th year now so I try to provide helpful information. If it is a medical issue and not allergies I would suggest going on a weekday as you would have an easier chance of getting to talk to the "chef" responsible for that booth and they can offer more information on things that are in say the sauces
This is only my second year to food and wine but my first with having to deal with limitations. I only go on weekdays and have something like 3 or 4 trips over to Epcot planned already. If I can stay away from a handful of things I will be okay as long as I keep my meds with me. I will splurge some but over all will try to keep it as safe as possible so it doesn't become the focus of the trip.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #197
yettimedic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Anyone here recommend the Party for the Senses? Im looking for a honest non candy coated review. I did the 3d dessert party and it was ok. I would do it again since I enjoyed myself however that is only $50. The Festival is almost 3 times that and all you get is an extra hour and some more food ( non dessert types). If I plan to spend almost a week at disney already and go to the F/W wine multiple times is the Party worth it?
My wife and I have been to the party for the senses 4 times while some have been better than others it is a very nice evening out. There are desserts as well. I would recommend this event just for the unique experience

yettimedic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #198
TheLodgeLady
Mouseketeer

Seeing some tweets on the Food and Wine Festival from the Preview this evening.

Looks like Tickets for the culinary & beverage events will be on sale July 25th for DVC, Tables in Wonderland, and Annual Pass holders.

The same will be able to book some of the premium events on July 29th.

General public will be able to book on July 31st.

Information for events will be out on July 24th.
TheLodgeLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #199
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLodgeLady View Post
Seeing some tweets on the Food and Wine Festival from the Preview this evening.

Looks like Tickets for the culinary & beverage events will be on sale July 25th for DVC, Tables in Wonderland, and Annual Pass holders.

The same will be able to book some of the premium events on July 29th.

General public will be able to book on July 31st.

Information for events will be out on July 24th.
Let the Cluster Flub begin!!! I'm also hearing reports that Chase Disney card members will be able to book beginning on 7/29. Will this be limited spots or not? Will events sell out (or false reports of sell-outs) before general sale? If folks remember last year, this is starting to sound like reservations will be a huge mess yet again

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #200
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Let the Cluster Flub begin!!! I'm also hearing reports that Chase Disney card members will be able to book beginning on 7/29.
I hope this is accurate. I was able to obtain reservations for events last year that I was never able to get in the past becasue of being able to call early.

I hope Disney/Chase officially announce the date soon so I tell my boss I need to be off a few hours the morning of 7/29 instead of 7/31.
crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #201
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quite a bit of detailed information is now available on the Disney Food Blog
Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #202
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
Let the Cluster Flub begin!!! I'm also hearing reports that Chase Disney card members will be able to book beginning on 7/29. Will this be limited spots or not? Will events sell out (or false reports of sell-outs) before general sale? If folks remember last year, this is starting to sound like reservations will be a huge mess yet again
You were expecting an improvement? Really? Unless you have inside information that Disney has fired the entire IT team and started over then....

Considering what the money invested in Tragic Bands has gotten us assume that there has been no time (or money) to deal with anything else.

Since I found it VERY hard to find the info on the Disney Food Blog

Epcot Food and Wine Festival Center Seminar and Demonstration Early Booking Details and Discounts

Great news about the Food and Wine Festival low-cost seminars and demos!

Booking for Tables in Wonderland members, Annual Passholders, DVC members, and Golden Oak residents begins July 25th at 9AM ET for seminars and demonstrations(including Mixology). Note that some guests had luck booking select special events last year during these early booking dates; your mileage may vary. Discounts ($2) will be offered for seminars and demonstrations Monday through Thursday only.

Booking for Chase Disney Visa Cardholders begins on July 29th at 7AM ET. Call 407-WDW-FEST to book.

Booking for all other events, and for the general public, will begin July 31st at 7AM ET. Call 407-WDW-FEST to book. ALL booking for VIP events and tickets (e.g. premium levels at the Party for the Senses) must be booked by phone. Booking for seminars, demos, and some special events will be available at epcotfoodfestival.com.

Wine/Beverage Seminars will take place Daily at 12, 2, and 4PM. They will cost $15.

Culinary Demos will take place Daily at 1, 3, and 5PM. They will cost $15.

Mixology Seminars will take place Daily at 6PM. They will cost $15.

More details about these events will be announced soon.

Last year I know I was able to book PFTS Wine View Lounge at early booking and if I decided to go I will try again this year. (Still on the fence, but I guess I have to decide in the next few days!)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #203
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Quite a bit of detailed information is now available on the Disney Food Blog
Now to start the planning!
Old 07-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #204
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

From the Disney Food Blog (highlighting added by me)

"Holders of the Chase Disney Visa Card can book select Food and Wine Events on July 29th at 7am ET. A limited number of seats will be held for Chase Disney Visa Cardholders, so if your preferred event sells out on this date, call back on July 31st to get access to additional seats. To take advantage of the early booking opportunity, call (407) WDW FEST."

Found a SIGNIFICANT change to the Parisian Breakfast.

"a welcoming Mimosa on Saturday mornings, featuring authentic pastries (baguettes, brioches, croissants), unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and orange juice!"

No more unlimited Mimosas. Now you just get unlimited OJ. I knew that was too good to last. (I probably won't do it again, it would have been tight to fit into my schedule and the change does not make it more appealing)

More changes.

Shake and Indulge with the French (or whatever) does not include the crepe this year, just some chocolates.

Last edited by OrangeCountyCommuter; 07-20-2014 at 11:33 AM.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #205
DisneyJen
Chairs the "Keep the Park Game On-Topic" Committee
sun+yardarm=Dole Whiparitas
The TF aims to please! :)

Thanks all for the information! This will be our fourth consecutive FW

This year we are bringing two sets of newbies and meeting our partners in crime

Here's hoping we can find a Signature Dinner while we are in the "World."
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #206
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

....sorry if this was asked already, but can someone point me in the right direction or privide a link to let me know what falls under the category of "snack" and what is considered "counter service" for this year's F&WF if we have DDP...tia!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #207
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....sorry if this was asked already, but can someone point me in the right direction or privide a link to let me know what falls under the category of "snack" and what is considered "counter service" for this year's F&WF if we have DDP...tia!
This information has not been released as of yet, at least not that I could find. Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only);
Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #208
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
If it stays the same as previous years, all booth food items will be considered a snack. counter service meals do not work at any of the kiosks
Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #209
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

What is the date to call in for WVL for PFTS? We have a friend calling as we're going to be out of the country.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #210
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
If it stays the same as previous years, all booth food items will be considered a snack. counter service meals do not work at any of the kiosks
....thanks. I appreciate the reply and that's good to know that we can use our snack credits at the various kiosks. I wonder why the CS credits cannot be used - I'm guessing because, with a CS meal, you get an entree and dessert, and the kiosks cannot accommodate for that.....?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: