Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #181
dmcfa2504
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
That's what I was thinking. Thanks!!
Good to know!
dmcfa2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #182
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

I really enjoyed the 3D Sweet Seats last year, but it looks like they are having the 'Dining Through the Decades' in place of the 3D for the Friday I'm down. Curiously waiting on the description of the 'Dining Through the Decades' event as I may be interested. My guess is that it's at the World Showplace like the 3D, and the $119 is for reserved seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriABil View Post
It looks like they eliminated the "Taste!" No, I mean literally. The name is now "Shake & Indulge," right? Okay, okay, a lame attempt at a laugh...
I've got a strange feeling they actually will cut the food portion due to the lower price while everything else went up in price. I think they used to serve dessert crepes at the Shake/Indulge event, which may be gone??? You just don't drop the price when everything else goes up in price without something being left out this year.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #183
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

I didn't even catch it when I posted yesterday that the "Taste" was missing from the event name. That would definitely account for the lower price. Without the desserts to soak up the 3-4 shots they give you along with the drink you mix & welcome drink they really ought to rethink that unless it was a mistake in either the title &/or price. Without the desserts I think I'd pass on the event this year.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #184
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Thanks for the head's up! Now I have to ask my boss if I can have a few hours off the morning of 7/31.

Wonder if Disney Visa cardholders will be able to make reservations a day in advance like last year?
Good to know, thank you!

Laura

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #185
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Tower of Terror 10 miler is on October 3rd and 4th. I am not sure what impact it will have on F&W as it's centered around Studios, but it might add to the Sunday crowds as folks won't be able to tour as much on Saturday.

Wine and Dine half is on the last full weekend and the "runners' won't be your problem. It's a Saturday evening run that ends at Epcot.

Disney sells "after party tickets that get you into Epcot at 7 and let you stay until something like 4 in the morning. So a lot of us (like me) will be there to support our runners on Saturday adding to the already packed last weekend... Considering the "runners" and friends could potentially be up until 4 AM Sunday might be LESS crowded LOL!
we have been @ F&W for many Saturdays pre ToT race, it's a very busy time.

Curious as to the crowds on the Sunday though. I do believe they all hit up MNSSHP. That Sunday starting getting busy when they gave out a free tix to the race participants. every year seems more crowded...yes, we will be there anyway

Apologize if it's been answered already. Does anybody know if AP/DVC holders will have a presale for booking this year? Was finally thinking of trying PFS. Didn't see anything on the Disney food blog or WDW website.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #186
MunchkinandSugarBear
Going on Adventures

More menu updates!!!! Can you say potato bacon hash I know I'm excited!!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/0...wine-festival/

Check me out on instagram @knitlife
MunchkinandSugarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #187
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinandSugarBear View Post
More menu updates!!!! Can you say potato bacon hash I know I'm excited!!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/0...wine-festival/
That does sound good, but I wouldn't be able to have the jalapenos on it.

Does anyone know how good they are about asking to leave 1 or 2 things off? Like a sauce or the jalapenos (it sounds like they are on top since they are listed after the sauce)? Or is it that I will just have to ask if it is possible when I get there?

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #188
txlibrarian
Earning My Ears

Question Signature Dinners Worth Price?

We are planning an adults only trip to F&W this fall and were wondering if anyone can recommend any of the signature dinners. Do you have a fav? Are they worth the $$$$? Especially the V&A at $525 each. Thanks for any advice.
txlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #189
MunchkinandSugarBear
Going on Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
That does sound good, but I wouldn't be able to have the jalapenos on it.

Does anyone know how good they are about asking to leave 1 or 2 things off? Like a sauce or the jalapenos (it sounds like they are on top since they are listed after the sauce)? Or is it that I will just have to ask if it is possible when I get there?
They are very good about not putting certain items on. I would tell the cashier you can't have jalapeños and unles it is part of the hash or sauce they could just leave it off. For example I LOATHE black beans and had no problem gettig the pork belly from Brazil without it. Sometimes it takes a couple of seconds longer with the communication of needs but it's totally worth it and the CMs are more than happy to help

Old 07-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #190
bcarey2k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlibrarian View Post
We are planning an adults only trip to F&W this fall and were wondering if anyone can recommend any of the signature dinners. Do you have a fav? Are they worth the $$$$? Especially the V&A at $525 each. Thanks for any advice.
V&A is absolutely worth it (for that price you're talking the chef's table, which is spectacular).... We're also doing the Flying Fish Chefs Table (more like a bar) .... Sound fun too if you're foodies!

We're also fond of The Brown Derby ...

Opinions vary on most dinners though!

Brian

Wine and Dine 2014
Avengers 2014
bcarey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #191
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinandSugarBear View Post
They are very good about not putting certain items on. I would tell the cashier you can't have jalapeños and unles it is part of the hash or sauce they could just leave it off. For example I LOATHE black beans and had no problem gettig the pork belly from Brazil without it. Sometimes it takes a couple of seconds longer with the communication of needs but it's totally worth it and the CMs are more than happy to help
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it. This will be my first time with dealing with food "issues". Not allergies but some foods can cause my medical condition to flare up and cause pain. So I try hard not to have to deal with it. I will already not be able to drink so I only have the food to look forward to!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:59 PM   #192
MunchkinandSugarBear
Going on Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it. This will be my first time with dealing with food "issues". Not allergies but some foods can cause my medical condition to flare up and cause pain. So I try hard not to have to deal with it. I will already not be able to drink so I only have the food to look forward to!
Not a problem I'm going on my 11th year now so I try to provide helpful information. If it is a medical issue and not allergies I would suggest going on a weekday as you would have an easier chance of getting to talk to the "chef" responsible for that booth and they can offer more information on things that are in say the sauces

Old 07-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #193
txlibrarian
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice. How which child can we sell to do the V&A?
Old 07-19-2014, 06:18 AM   #194
ppiew
DIS Veteran

I hate to rain on anyones parade but the past 2 yrs at V&A's wine festival dinner I was disappointed. The food was excellent - don't get me wrong, but the menu seemed so repetitive of offerings in their regular daily menus and the wines seemed subpar and weren't my favorites at all! Service was second to none and all food was very good, just didn't seem to have the'special' touch I had expected. Personally, I would rather go to V&A's some other time, it would be less money and I know I would love the experience and could order our own wines.
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #195
txlibrarian
Earning My Ears

Signature Dinners Worth Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
I hate to rain on anyones parade but the past 2 yrs at V&A's wine festival dinner I was disappointed. The food was excellent - don't get me wrong, but the menu seemed so repetitive of offerings in their regular daily menus and the wines seemed subpar and weren't my favorites at all! Service was second to none and all food was very good, just didn't seem to have the'special' touch I had expected. Personally, I would rather go to V&A's some other time, it would be less money and I know I would love the experience and could order our own wines.
Good to know. I was thinking this might be the case. Any other recommendations for a Signature Dinner?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: