Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #151
TanJDis2014
Mouseketeer

Maybe a dumb question, but are there going to be maps available for where all the booths are, and what the main offerings are?
TanJDis2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:05 PM   #152
TanJDis2014
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanJDis2014 View Post
Maybe a dumb question, but are there going to be maps available for where all the booths are, and what the main offerings are?
Never mind, duh, found the map from 2013 online, so yes there will be one
TanJDis2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #153
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quick question about PFTS
Are the booths replicated at PFTS?
I quite like the idea of this event being the 'one shop stop' for all the booths!
OR is this event comprised of totally different dishes TIA :-)
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #154
ppiew
DIS Veteran

I too hope but doubt that the demo's with food service NOT be held in the Festival Center. Noisy and people milling around everwhere. Lots of people watching the whole thing with no tickets etc. kind of a pain.
ppiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #155
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Quick question about PFTS
Are the booths replicated at PFTS?
I quite like the idea of this event being the 'one shop stop' for all the booths!
OR is this event comprised of totally different dishes TIA :-)
Completely different dishes. They also change each week of the festival.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #156
Candl
Earning My Ears

We planned our September trip thinking maybe we would catch the first day on our last day. But, WDW surprised us with an early start, so it gets there when we get there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRVLady View Post
Cassie-we usually do the Food booths at night=like EVERY night of our trip

It is a tad hard for kids, because you mostly stand with your plate and eat-there are a few tables and ledges here and there to lean on
We eat sit down for lunch also
This will be our sixth (fifth with kids) trip during the festival.

Every year so far, I have dropped my wife and kids off at Liberty Inn. Then, I head towards Italy & Germany and grab a couple of plates worth of things we want to try. Head back to the Inn, snack with my family, and repeat heading towards Japan & Morocco.

When my kids were not into it (every time until 2013), I would hit the Inn for some chicken nuggets for them to enjoy instead. Same thing works by Yorkshire Fish, but there are not as many tables to work with.

Also, you can find a few more spots to sit along the bridge to the world showcase. Use Refreshment Port or Promenade to satisfy any pickie eaters. This spot has the advantage of being fairly close to Canada's pavilion (Steak was amazing last year).
BLT 2010, 2012, 2013

Candl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:51 PM   #157
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Anyone here recommend the Party for the Senses? Im looking for a honest non candy coated review. I did the 3d dessert party and it was ok. I would do it again since I enjoyed myself however that is only $50. The Festival is almost 3 times that and all you get is an extra hour and some more food ( non dessert types). If I plan to spend almost a week at disney already and go to the F/W wine multiple times is the Party worth it?
I like the party, but won't go unless I can afford reserved seating. I don't enjoy the "running of the bulls" and "reserved tables" mentality of the open "cocktail party". (There was a poster on this thread last year rather irate because people dared to sit at empty seats at the table she "reserved" with her shopping bag. And I found that normal

Food is more adventurous then the booths. And it is more "foodie". So if the booths are daring for you this might be too much

IMHO it is not an appropriate venue for kids, but it is Disney and there are always parents there fussing with miserable looking kids. (Disney charges full price which I always think would discourage them)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:33 AM   #158
Drinehart811
Got my E-ticket to paradise

So I know in general weekends are much worse than weekdays so for my 8 day trip 9/28-10/5 I am planning on visiting EPCOT for F&W 2 weekdays (wed and fri). However, I am sure we will want to go Sat or Sun before we leave as well to get to some of those booths we hadn't gotten to the first 2 days. My question is since the tower of terror marathon is Saturday, would we be better of at EPCOT sat night while that's going on, or on Sunday when it's usually not as bad? Any input appreciated

Sooooo excited for my first F&W!
Drinehart811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #159
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Yoda View Post
Completely different dishes. They also change each week of the festival.
Thanks
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #160
JoshuaShaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinehart811 View Post
So I know in general weekends are much worse than weekdays so for my 8 day trip 9/28-10/5 I am planning on visiting EPCOT for F&W 2 weekdays (wed and fri). However, I am sure we will want to go Sat or Sun before we leave as well to get to some of those booths we hadn't gotten to the first 2 days. My question is since the tower of terror marathon is Saturday, would we be better of at EPCOT sat night while that's going on, or on Sunday when it's usually not as bad? Any input appreciated

Sooooo excited for my first F&W!
I can't think of too many situations where Saturday would be preferable to Sunday. I've always found Sundays to be busy, but manageable.
JoshuaShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #161
bcarey2k
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaShaw View Post
I can't think of too many situations where Saturday would be preferable to Sunday. I've always found Sundays to be busy, but manageable.
The last Sunday of the F&W is horrible .. The prior Saturday is better because all the runners are avoiding alcohol. Sunday is the day after ... And a zoo. (In a fun way if you're social and patient)

Other than that weekend, you're prob spot on!

Brian

Wine and Dine 2014
Avengers 2014
bcarey2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #162
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarey2k View Post
The last Sunday of the F&W is horrible .. The prior Saturday is better because all the runners are avoiding alcohol. Sunday is the day after ... And a zoo. (In a fun way if you're social and patient)

Other than that weekend, you're prob spot on!

Brian
Tower of Terror 10 miler is on October 3rd and 4th. I am not sure what impact it will have on F&W as it's centered around Studios, but it might add to the Sunday crowds as folks won't be able to tour as much on Saturday.

Wine and Dine half is on the last full weekend and the "runners' won't be your problem. It's a Saturday evening run that ends at Epcot.

Disney sells "after party tickets that get you into Epcot at 7 and let you stay until something like 4 in the morning. So a lot of us (like me) will be there to support our runners on Saturday adding to the already packed last weekend... Considering the "runners" and friends could potentially be up until 4 AM Sunday might be LESS crowded LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #163
MunchkinandSugarBear
Going on Adventures

Just announced by the Disney blog reservations for the special events will open for calls at 7am (EST) on July 31st with info posting to the website on July 24th.

Check me out on instagram @knitlife
MunchkinandSugarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #164
ElsaColon
Mouseketeer ......................... .............. The Florida heat never bothered me anyway.

SO happy to hear that it's starting a week earlier which means my hubby and I can experience it for the first time during our Sept Trip! YES!
May 4th at Port Orleans Riverside
ElsaColon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #165
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Here is the link to the Disney Parks Blog.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-world-resort/

Note the published partial schedule:

Quote:
•Dining Through the Decades, A Tribute to Walt Disney (October 24) $99 pp or $119 pp
•Experience Puerto Rico – The All Star Island (September 20) $99 pp
•Epcot International Food & Wine Festival — Boot Camp Series interactive epicurean adventure (September 21, October 5, 12, 19, Nov. 2) $119 pp
•Food for Thought (Fridays, plus Saturday October 11) $169 pp
•Mediterranean Food & Wine Pairing (Wednesdays) $55 pp
•Italian White Truffle & Wine Pairing Dinner (October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) $295 pp

And here are some of the most popular events making a comeback:
•Parisian Breakfast (Saturdays) $39 pp
•“3D” Disney’s Dessert Discovery (October 3, 10 and 17) $59 or $99 pp – this also can be booked at epcotfoodfestival.com
•Culinary Adventures in Signature Dining 
(more than 20 dinners throughout the festival; prices vary)
•Shake and Indulge Like the French Featuring Grand Marnier (Saturdays beginning September 27) $55 pp
•Cheese Seminars (Saturdays) $79 pp
•Party for the Senses (October 4, 11, 18 and November 1) $149, $189 or $299 pp – this also can be booked at epcotfoodfestival.com
•Party for the Senses Featuring Disney Chefs from Around the World (October 25) $149, $189 or $299 pp
•Food & Wine Pairings (Tuesdays and Thursdays) $55 pp
•Sunday Mornings With … (Sundays) $99 pp

There’s more, like Italian and French pairings and lunches, a Japan “Hibachi Experience” and a Mexican tequila lunch. You can also book the popular Culinary Demonstrations ($15), Mixology Seminars ($15) and Wine Seminars ($15).
Of note is that there will be no PFTS in September or on November 8. Also, October 25 is a "special" PFTS that appears to be Disney chefs only. (No difference in price).

3D Dessert Discovery they have listed only for October 3, 10 and 17 (Fridays).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: