Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #136
ssphillips
Disney Bound

Just got off the phone with Disney dining...

I called to make a few dining ressies, and asked when the ticketed events could be booked for F&W festival. She said they haven't been given the dates yet.

Wish they would let us know the plan!
ssphillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #137
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Just as an aside, it's not a Festival event but the Epcot After Hours Wind Down has been extended to Thursdays-Sundays through November 9. This can be booked right now through the Disney site if anybody's interested in "supplementing" their Festival activities with one or more sessions.
Thanks for the info :-)
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #138
LauraLea
DIS Veteran

Is park admission required for the Party for the Senses? DB and DSiL do not want to get hoppers. They are thinking that the day of the party we could do MK before the party.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #139
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLea View Post
Is park admission required for the Party for the Senses? DB and DSiL do not want to get hoppers. They are thinking that the day of the party we could do MK before the party.

Laura
Yes, theme park admission is required for the Party for the Senses and all Epcot Food & Wine Fest special events.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #140
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

Hoppers are REQUIRED for Food and Wine week-LOL!
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #141
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Anyone here recommend the Party for the Senses? Im looking for a honest non candy coated review. I did the 3d dessert party and it was ok. I would do it again since I enjoyed myself however that is only $50. The Festival is almost 3 times that and all you get is an extra hour and some more food ( non dessert types). If I plan to spend almost a week at disney already and go to the F/W wine multiple times is the Party worth it?

Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #142
Jay Kat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac4life30 View Post
Anyone here recommend the Party for the Senses? Im looking for a honest non candy coated review. I did the 3d dessert party and it was ok. I would do it again since I enjoyed myself however that is only $50. The Festival is almost 3 times that and all you get is an extra hour and some more food ( non dessert types). If I plan to spend almost a week at disney already and go to the F/W wine multiple times is the Party worth it?
I would like to learn more about it too. I have been to the Festival twice, but never any extras. Is this a good one? What is it about? tell us more!
Jay Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:34 AM   #143
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've done it about 5 times. It's a good starter event to those at F&W paid events. I have reviews in my Fall 2013 review in my signature and the 2009 one I believe. (Could be wrong on the year)

It's different than the Booths as there are celebrity chefs and Disney chefs making bite size dishes and you can always go back for 2nds and 3rds if you want. There is also a lot of wine to try and they usually have some Sam Adams beer and some of the hard stuff too.

It is crowded with no guarantees of a seat as it is a cocktail type party. You can usually figure out the wineries and chefs as they are the ones with demos going on the week prior to the party.

I won't go back but I'm glad i got experience it a few times. I enjoy the sit down events where people serve me more.

Dis_Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:35 AM   #144
luckyfinfarmer
Earning My Ears

We did party for the senses for the first time last year. It was totally worth it for us. We love trying new food and drinks and really loved everything about it. We've done F&W festival for years and liked the party more than all the booths. I think it depends on your personality though. If you're not into trying unusual or different foods, I wouldn't do it. Oh and we had a reserved seat not general admission.
luckyfinfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #145
RitaFaye94
Mouseketeer

I keep seeing all these extra events - chef demos, Party of the Senses. Where can I get a full run down of all these events so I can plan our first festival???
Old 07-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #146
Mac4life30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaFaye94 View Post
I keep seeing all these extra events - chef demos, Party of the Senses. Where can I get a full run down of all these events so I can plan our first festival???
. The info should be out in a few weeks. Usually by end of July.

Mac4life30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #147
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

One year Australia had a special area-you bought a Ticket and got a "stamp:" at 4 (?)areas of the country-each area had 2(?) wines to taste-really liked that!

We usually miss the seminars-gotta pay more attention to schedules this year!
NewRVLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #148
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did PFTS quite a few years ago before they had the reserved seating. For us it was an OK experience but we decided we'd rather spend the money on some of the many sit down events. I guess everyone should try it at least once if you think you might enjoy it. We also did the 3D Dessert experience and have no desire to attend that again either. The time we did 3D it had been a very hot day & it was way too much sweets to try to enjoy. I wasn't overly impressed with the Spirits Confidential event they had last year as it was mostly whiskey/scotch, only one tequila, one vodka, not enough Liquor variety although the food offered was decent. I enjoy the smaller sit down events such as the French Regional Lunches, The French Brunch, Taste Shake & Indulge, Mexico Tequila Lunch, Italy Food & Beer Pairing, Italy Regional Lunch & Italy Food & Wine Pairing. We also did the Sweet Sunday event but stopped attending that one when they decided to keep having it in the noisy Festival Center. You can do at least 2 if not 3 other events for the money you spend on one PTFS.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #149
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Subscribing! I'm really looking forward to this year's festival. We skipped 2013, but prior to that we had been every year since 2006! I'm in F&W withdrawals
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #150
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

I can't wait until they release the information about this year's F&W so we can start planning!
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: