Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #106
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

I just started Orange...after having a marathon finishing Season 3 of Revenge and needed something until Season 4 is released. Can't wait now that you say you are doing a binge...makes me hope that I found another way to neglect my kids this summer and make my dh crazy when I go off to the bedroom at night instead of watching FOX News Channel with him all night.

Back to the cruise...

Sorry the food was a disappointment...now that makes me sad, honestly REALLY SAD. I so love to eat fun things, that I have no desire and no patience to make at home. But I could get into a Mickey Bar for dessert!

Ice Cream in the morning...my kids made me Mom of the Year for that!

The Midship Detective thing looks fun...they have something like that at Great Wolf Lodge that my boys were dying to try, but mom was not paying for 1 more thing...she can be so mean at times.
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:12 AM   #107
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

so, I'm wondering what the rest of you were doing.......please continue. I have until 4:30pm and it's only 10:12am. Thanks Nicole!!!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #108
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I just started Orange...after having a marathon finishing Season 3 of Revenge and needed something until Season 4 is released. Can't wait now that you say you are doing a binge...makes me hope that I found another way to neglect my kids this summer and make my dh crazy when I go off to the bedroom at night instead of watching FOX News Channel with him all night.

Back to the cruise...

Sorry the food was a disappointment...now that makes me sad, honestly REALLY SAD. I so love to eat fun things, that I have no desire and no patience to make at home. But I could get into a Mickey Bar for dessert!

Ice Cream in the morning...my kids made me Mom of the Year for that!

The Midship Detective thing looks fun...they have something like that at Great Wolf Lodge that my boys were dying to try, but mom was not paying for 1 more thing...she can be so mean at times.
Let me know if you love Orange Tammie. Seriously- I think I like it better than Breaking Bad and I LOVED Breaking Bad. I can't get enough. I can't stop watching...... I need to get through it all so I can parent my children again..but I think I am going to cry when it ends and I have to wait another year for next season. (I am so freaking pathetic!)

MagiQuest. Ah, I am familiar. My kids love it! Midship was not QUITE as intricate as MagiQuest. (Yes, I paid for my kids to do it at Great Wolf- SUCKER on my forehead).
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:27 AM   #109
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
so, I'm wondering what the rest of you were doing.......please continue. I have until 4:30pm and it's only 10:12am. Thanks Nicole!!!
Now, now Ann- that would take all the fun out of the suspense of making you wait to see what I do.

Plus, I need to get back to my prison show here when I get another hour to myself. I have priorities. And currently, Litchfield Prison is it.

Hahahaha!!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #110
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

In true Tweedle form you choose a show that I binge watch whenever I can! In fact, I think I ignored my family for a whole three days when the 2nd season came out earlier this month. How could I not? Now I wait impatiently for another freaking year until they release more...

I'm really enjoying this. I just had no clue what went on, on a cruise. I figured people just swam and ate...er...I guess you did do that, but it looks like there are other things to do as well! The adventures look fun and hopefully there were more shows that were actually good?

You are the bestest parent if you give them ice cream in the morning. Console yourself by watching some more Orange, you deserve it!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #111
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
In true Tweedle form you choose a show that I binge watch whenever I can! In fact, I think I ignored my family for a whole three days when the 2nd season came out earlier this month. How could I not? Now I wait impatiently for another freaking year until they release more...

I'm really enjoying this. I just had no clue what went on, on a cruise. I figured people just swam and ate...er...I guess you did do that, but it looks like there are other things to do as well! The adventures look fun and hopefully there were more shows that were actually good?

You are the bestest parent if you give them ice cream in the morning. Console yourself by watching some more Orange, you deserve it!
I think the binge watching has some unfortunate side effects.

I walked into work kitchen two days ago to make my lunch and it reeked of fish. So I made a loud comment about how I really wish people would stop microwaving fish at lunch and stinking up the entire work place. At which time the Russian man taking his fish out of the microwave stared me down and declared it was his fish . I think panicked and told my work bestie I was absolutely sure I was now on the Russian mafia hit list (a la Red's Russian Mafia's ties).

And I am working from home today and just found myself telling my yapping dog to 'stop being a little b#tch'.

No children are present in the house to hear that one at least!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #112
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

We tried to watch OitNB last summer and watched the first episode. Ulana didn't like it (she's more conservative in her tastes) I enjoyed it and wanted to watch more, but haven't had the time. I've had other shows I've been watching on the rare occasions I get the chance (Justified and Orphan Black specifically) and those are on Amazon Prime so I can download them to my Kindle to watch at the Gym, where Netflix I need to be at home.

Anyways, I'm enjoying your Trip Report, but it is helping me discover maybe why I will never become a DCl regular. So far...your trip sounds an awful lot like my trip, even though we were on different ships. It makes me think that another cruise will be the same as our first one, which doesn't excite me much.

Part of what I like about WDW and what makes it such a great place is that every trip feels really different from the previous one. I don't know why that is, partly because I plan the trips I try to change the style/theme of the trip each time.

Even our alternate warm weather locale - Myrtle Beach - gets that same "Been there, done that" feel. It doesn't help that I find sitting around the pool/beach to be good for about an hour and a half and then I've had enough of it.

Enough about me...it's not my TR! I did want to say the opening show on the Wonder was the same - a live action advertisement for the ship. I would not go next time either.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #113
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
We tried to watch OitNB last summer and watched the first episode. Ulana didn't like it (she's more conservative in her tastes) I enjoyed it and wanted to watch more, but haven't had the time. I've had other shows I've been watching on the rare occasions I get the chance (Justified and Orphan Black specifically) and those are on Amazon Prime so I can download them to my Kindle to watch at the Gym, where Netflix I need to be at home.

Anyways, I'm enjoying your Trip Report, but it is helping me discover maybe why I will never become a DCl regular. So far...your trip sounds an awful lot like my trip, even though we were on different ships. It makes me think that another cruise will be the same as our first one, which doesn't excite me much.

Part of what I like about WDW and what makes it such a great place is that every trip feels really different from the previous one. I don't know why that is, partly because I plan the trips I try to change the style/theme of the trip each time.

Even our alternate warm weather locale - Myrtle Beach - gets that same "Been there, done that" feel. It doesn't help that I find sitting around the pool/beach to be good for about an hour and a half and then I've had enough of it.

Enough about me...it's not my TR! I did want to say the opening show on the Wonder was the same - a live action advertisement for the ship. I would not go next time either.
Yes, I guess I could see how if you were conservative in some areas this might not be the show you would want to sit down and watch. However, I am addicted..........I think I love the way they portray the story behind the crimes- never losing sight of the fact that they did real crimes to get in there.

A cruise is generally the same type of vacation no matter what line/what you do. Yes, there are different ports to explore which is always fun... but the premises behind most cruises are just what they offer. Food, drinks, sun, water.. (barring Alaskan and such). We like cruises in general because they offer just that.

I think I liked this cruise LESS than previous cruises because I felt I was too busy and wanted (actually- more like needed) a vacay with nothing except that.

I won't lie- it's doubtful we'll do another Disney cruise again . The price is just too high for what it is. We saw the new Norwegian boat pull in St. Maarten and ended up talking to someone at beach that was on it- (and had also been on Disney cruises) and he verified that the new Norwegian boat was about half the price of Disney & quite honestly it looked like it has some pretty awesome stuff on it (waterslides, ziplines). We are somewhat eyeballing that ship in the future now that our kids are older.

I guess we'll see...........right now my eye is on Hawaii for next year. Which has nothing to do with Disney. But probably nothing to do at all because I don't think we can afford the airline tickets there........
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #114
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I guess we'll see...........right now my eye is on Hawaii for next year. Which has nothing to do with Disney. But probably nothing to do at all because I don't think we can afford the airline tickets there........
Not that I'm suggesting you should only stay here...but you should consider looking at renting DVC points for Aulani if you are going to Hawaii. It seems like it would be a less expensive way to go. (And I remember how expensive Hawaii was 15 years ago, so I can imagine now.) I wouldn't want to spend my whole trip at a Disney resort, but for a few days it might be a good alternative to paying typical resort prices in the $300-$400 a night range.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:55 PM   #115
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

The detective game sounds fun! And the Mickey bars look like perfection right now!

I'm glad to see you fulfilling all your motherly duties while on the trip! vacation isn't really a vacation for mom, is it? One day..... (Look at all those periods!)

I haven't watched any of orange yet but I have a friend who keeps yelling at me to watch it. Maybe I'll have to give it a try after all.
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #116
maggonz9
Earning My Ears

Great report! Love your humor! Your girls are so cute and looks like they are having a blast.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 PM   #117
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Not that I'm suggesting you should only stay here...but you should consider looking at renting DVC points for Aulani if you are going to Hawaii. It seems like it would be a less expensive way to go. (And I remember how expensive Hawaii was 15 years ago, so I can imagine now.) I wouldn't want to spend my whole trip at a Disney resort, but for a few days it might be a good alternative to paying typical resort prices in the $300-$400 a night range.
Hawaii, I hope, is in the future. Not Aulani. Aulani is not in my future.

We will have to rent a house from vbro if we can swing the tickets. I found plenty that sleep five for around 1K a week. Even renting points- that can't be beat....
Old 06-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #118
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
The detective game sounds fun! And the Mickey bars look like perfection right now!

I'm glad to see you fulfilling all your motherly duties while on the trip! vacation isn't really a vacation for mom, is it? One day..... (Look at all those periods!)

I haven't watched any of orange yet but I have a friend who keeps yelling at me to watch it. Maybe I'll have to give it a try after all.
Very true- vacation never really are vacations for moms......

You have a good friend. You should take her advice & watch the show. You know, just not around your kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggonz9 View Post
Great report! Love your humor! Your girls are so cute and looks like they are having a blast.
Thanks for joining!

And thanks for the compliments- my kids did have a blast. That is for sure!!
Old 07-01-2014, 03:29 AM   #119
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

I am so into Orange is the New Black too! I have stayed up wayyyy to late on many different occasions to follow those crazy women!

Looks like a nice day at sea. I love the laid back feel of the sea days myself, they just scream vacation!
And I can tell when not watching orange, you are a stellar parent!

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:10 AM   #120
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

I was SOOO far behind in joining your report...but I'm here now!

Loving it so far! It's so crazy to think that we were literally on that boat that same day.

You guys must have had a room down the hall from us...we were 7th floor aft, verandah -- 7186.

And, we had a server named Renaldo from the Phillipines. I wonder if we had the same guy??! Our assistant was a woman named Yuliya though. And I think our Renaldo was spelled differently than yours??

Can't wait for more!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: