Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #76
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Hi! Welcome!

So cool you were on the same boat in 2012. I think your DIS name sounds familiar. Were you part of the FE exchange?
I didn't discover the DIS until right before our first cruise so no FE exchange for us. I do have a couple of TRs floating around here somewhere so you may have seen my name there or on the boards.

The Paradise is my favorite drink of the day. We tried the drink of the day everyday on our last cruise and they were all really good and a great value but the Paradise is my favorite. The Paradise could easily turn me into a lush.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #77
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great update!
That DIS meet was HUGE!!
So big I think we only ended up saying hello to a hand full of people - wish we had got to meet more of the group and spend some time
Your kids are adorable!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #78
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am also not great at just throwing myself into a group situation. I like to hold hands and wade in with someone I know.
Ah my Tweedle, I will hold your hand and we can wade in together...or just skip off singing to ourselves!

Those sharks were just out there mocking you, biding their time...

your shark obsession cracks me up!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #79
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
I didn't discover the DIS until right before our first cruise so no FE exchange for us. I do have a couple of TRs floating around here somewhere so you may have seen my name there or on the boards.

The Paradise is my favorite drink of the day. We tried the drink of the day everyday on our last cruise and they were all really good and a great value but the Paradise is my favorite. The Paradise could easily turn me into a lush.
I seriously loved that Paradise drink. Had I know it would have been my favorite of the week I would have had a lot more that first day!!!

Yummo!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #80
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great update!
That DIS meet was HUGE!!
So big I think we only ended up saying hello to a hand full of people - wish we had got to meet more of the group and spend some time
Your kids are adorable!
It was gigantic.

I have to say, my favorite part of cruise- group wise, was the mixology you arranged. I had so much fun at that! Plus the smaller group at that event allowed you talk and interact more (you know..and the alcohol helped!) Hahahaha!
Old 06-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #81
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Ah my Tweedle, I will hold your hand and we can wade in together...or just skip off singing to ourselves!

Those sharks were just out there mocking you, biding their time...

your shark obsession cracks me up!
Our cupcake group is much smaller... so I think I will be fine. But we can still totally hold hands and skip in singing... I'm totally down with that!

I am thinking there may need to be some drunken shark pictures at the Seas. Just for giggles and grins!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #82
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Our cupcake group is much smaller... so I think I will be fine. But we can still totally hold hands and skip in singing... I'm totally down with that!

I am thinking there may need to be some drunken shark pictures at the Seas. Just for giggles and grins!
I think I may need to make a masterlist of all the drunken photos we are taking because I already cannot remember them all and we haven't even started drinking yet!

Me, I stick to who I know when I am in a group...so uh...that would be you. Prepare yourself.

Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #84
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I think I may need to make a masterlist of all the drunken photos we are taking because I already cannot remember them all and we haven't even started drinking yet!

Me, I stick to who I know when I am in a group...so uh...that would be you. Prepare yourself.

Problem is- we'll forget the masterlist anyways so we'll just wing it in the parks. Whatever we come across will do, I'm sure.

DrunkenMockingbirdJamboTweedles stick together. That's just how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Oh Look!!! There I am!!!!
Mockingbird.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #85
lexismommy04
Earning My Ears

Hi, I am following your post since I am a newbie to the dis boards..cant wait to read all about your cruise cause I am in my planning stages.

Disney Momma to 1 Princess (Alexis) and 3 Prince's (Aidan) (Brendan) and (Rian)..

lexismommy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #86
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

WOW...what a large DIS group! How fun!!! Love the "tour of the ship" and pictures of the cabin. Someday...
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM   #87
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexismommy04 View Post
Hi, I am following your post since I am a newbie to the dis boards..cant wait to read all about your cruise cause I am in my planning stages.
Hi- thanks for reading along!

Planning stages are so fun! Part of the awesomeness of a Disney vacation for me! Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
WOW...what a large DIS group! How fun!!! Love the "tour of the ship" and pictures of the cabin. Someday...
It was very big.....

Someday...someday..I say that about a lot of things as well. And when I say that it means I WILL Make it happen! So you can too!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #88
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

Hi Nicole. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm following your review/report. I really want to do a Disney Cruise one day. We can't decide if it would be worth it as adults (empty nesters) or if we should just wait a few (hopefully several - like 15) years, for grandchildren to take.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
swwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #89
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwake View Post
Hi Nicole. I just wanted to check in and let you know I'm following your review/report. I really want to do a Disney Cruise one day. We can't decide if it would be worth it as adults (empty nesters) or if we should just wait a few (hopefully several - like 15) years, for grandchildren to take.
Thanks for coming over and following!!

Everyone has their own thoughts/options/ect about adult only Disney Cruises. For many- they love it. Disney def. has their own special style of class that other cruise lines can't match.

For me, I PERSONALLY (opinion only having done one) wouldn't. For me, the draw is the wide activities for the family/children. And there are so, so many children on board. So many. I like children. Heck, I have three. But thousands of them, everywhere I turn... it would not be what I want if I was cruising adult only. I know it would annoy me.

Course I say that now when I'm in the midst of the crazy parenting years with three children where I never seem to have a minute to myself. And I dream nightly of minutes to myself... so when I think 'adults only' I don't want any children around. If you can kinda understand my angle. It could be very different perspective several years down the road where I know I will be missing the craziness of my kids needing me so much..........
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #90
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am hopping on board this TR!

My family and I are taking our first ever cruise aboard the Fantasy this October. We too will be headed to the Eastern Caribbean. We are just a BIT excited...

Love your TR so far. We are a family of five as well. Life indeed is crazy with three kiddos. But I don't THINK I would trade it for the world.

oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: