Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #31
lauralynn0612
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Glad you could use it. I stole a picture of the group off facebook because we left before they took it...but I still wanted one!

That's what big Dis groups are for right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mae5731 View Post
I totally stole your pic of the group banner because I don't have a closeup of it in my two bazillion photographs I'm still sorting through....
I borrowed a few pictures from the Facebook groups as well. And this banner picture, too!
lauralynn0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #32
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ah TweedleDum, we are so alike with the getting to places crazy early. This will come in handy when I'm ready to head to the bus at 2:50am for the Princess Half! Yes???? I'm a bundle of stress, even when early, until I get there...then I can chillax and stop stressing while I wait three hours for whatever I'm early for.

Can't wait for embark day! Remember to explain stuff in detail to those of us non-cruisy peeps that have no idea what your cruise lingo is!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2014, 08:54 AM   #33
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #34
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Ah TweedleDum, we are so alike with the getting to places crazy early. This will come in handy when I'm ready to head to the bus at 2:50am for the Princess Half! Yes???? I'm a bundle of stress, even when early, until I get there...then I can chillax and stop stressing while I wait three hours for whatever I'm early for.

Can't wait for embark day! Remember to explain stuff in detail to those of us non-cruisy peeps that have no idea what your cruise lingo is!
I also get way stressed out till I arrive where I need to be and find something new to stress about. It's the Type A in me!

I am also horribly impatient when waiting on dawdling people. We should be just fine together... bustling about to our places two days in advance of when we need to be there!

EPCOT will be like- ladies- the race doesn't start for another 12 hours- you can go to the hotel and sleep........... and then we can just do our Tweedle dance/song. And they'll be like like 'crazy ladies' and leave us alone. Or. Call police and throw us in jail. One of those situations!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #35
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I also get way stressed out till I arrive where I need to be and find something new to stress about. It's the Type A in me!

I am also horribly impatient when waiting on dawdling people. We should be just fine together... bustling about to our places two days in advance of when we need to be there!

EPCOT will be like- ladies- the race doesn't start for another 12 hours- you can go to the hotel and sleep........... and then we can just do our Tweedle dance/song. And they'll be like like 'crazy ladies' and leave us alone. Or. Call police and throw us in jail. One of those situations!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #36
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Great start, travel days can be the most exhausting and stressful days but I love that feeling you have when you finally arrive and so do your bags!!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #37
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

I'm kind of the opposite. While I am usually the guy screaming "Let's get going." when it comes to airports I HATE 'em, and usually try to cut things as finely as possible. In our case with a small airport and only 20 minutes from our house, I usually leave the house about 2 hours before the flight, which usually gets us to the gate about 20 minutes before loading.

Overall though, looks like travel was travel and you made it in one piece, so that's always a good way to go!

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #38
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Great start, travel days can be the most exhausting and stressful days but I love that feeling you have when you finally arrive and so do your bags!!
It is a good feeling. Kinda like 'nothing's gonna stop me now!!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I'm kind of the opposite. While I am usually the guy screaming "Let's get going." when it comes to airports I HATE 'em, and usually try to cut things as finely as possible. In our case with a small airport and only 20 minutes from our house, I usually leave the house about 2 hours before the flight, which usually gets us to the gate about 20 minutes before loading.

Overall though, looks like travel was travel and you made it in one piece, so that's always a good way to go!
You just can't do that with O'Hare. I live 30 minutes from the airport. But if there's traffic, accident, construction- it could be a 2 hour trip. Once I arrive, check in and security could be 2 hours long. You just never, ever know with that airport. So I ALWAYS play it safe and am always WAY, WAY early to the gate.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #39
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

We Be Boarding A Ship- Mon'

I wrote that like Jamaica was on the itinerary and it wasn't at all. But I like saying it. So I will. This post is the one where we actually get on the ship.

Oooh. Course, that is all that this post will cover. Because my trip reports are ridiculously long and detailed filled with useless fluff no one really cares about. Until sharks swim along. But that totally doesn't happen in this post. (or really, any of my posts.. so sorry for that disappointment).

Ok. So last post saw us safety arriving in MCO. Bomb and Drug Free thanks to the to O'Hare security. It was late & we went to bed. The alarm rang at 7am sharp (per my handy dandy notes..because lets be honest- I don't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday let alone what time I woke up 3 weeks ago).

7am is not early when you are excited to be boarding a ship. We donned our super cool matching facebook group t-shirts one awesome lady arranged/made for us all.... and headed down for breakfast.

Now, I might have mentioned my tendency for needing to arrive early to all things. Well, our PAT (Port Arrival Time) was 10:45am. I scheduled Happy Limo to pick us up at 9am. It's less than an hour to port. So 9am is even early for this early bird. But dang it- we were going!

Well, the folks at Happy Limo take after my own heart. And they actually arrived right around 8:35. So. Long story short. We arrived at port really, really early.

I could not resist THE VERY FIRST PICTURE OF OUR SHIP!!! THERE IT IS EVERYONE!!!!

Man, that sky does not look good. Please don't rain. Please. Please.

Anyways, we were so early that they were still unloading the previous passengers off the boat. No Porters to take our luggage. So the early birds wait again.

I'll just sit here and look cute mom. Maybe some porter will take pity on us and get our luggage. Nah, they will just glare at us for being so stupid early.

My notes say "Bit by ant" Which now jogs my memory..as I stood there waiting, a d#mn ant bit my foot. And it hurt. Like a shark bite. But not really. More like a red ant bite.

Okay, anyways. I finally sent the hubby down to plead to some bored looking porter to take our luggage. He loaded it up and we tipped good to make sure we saw our luggage on the boat. And then we were herded up to level three of the parking garage to wait in line.

Here is the front of the Disney Cruise Terminal. I love this because no other cruise line has an entrance like this.

You can see the Carnival Liberty boat peeking out behind it. It was a pretty big too. Same size as Fantasy I would say- or bigger. But Fantasy is prettier.

We saw lots of our blue/green shirts. A sea of blue/green I have in my notes. Pretty cool to see that.

And up in the parking lot we waited and waited and waited some more. Remember, we were really early and they were still disembarking last weeks cruise. I felt sad for them. But happy for me. Their ending was my beginning.

Waiting in the garage. Least we had nice scenery in the background!

We finally started moving and in the walkway between the garage and the terminal. We took some pictures....

I think this is my 'f#cking ant bit my toe' face. Or "Stop complaining to me that I got us here 2 hours early so we could wait in line face'.

Notice DH does not have a beautiful blue/green DIS shirt. That, my friends, is his inner Disney kill-joy coming out. Homey don't do matching shirts. And Homey only wears grey, white or dark blue. Or Chicago Cubs apparel. Possibly Chicago Bears apparel if it's winter. Say it with me "Kill-Joy". There. Done.

Anyways. The rest of my cute little family happily wore them. Look at the cute backs. We still love these shirts! Thanks again Angie for making them!

I notice here that my mother commandeered Rebecca to haul her suitcase. Well played mother.

The ship. The ship! (the plane, the plane) Sorry Love Boat this is not.

Through security (no stops for drug or bomb residue this go around!) and into the terminal we went....

Disney terminal.

Now, I know it looks a little crazy. And it is. But for anyone who has cruised other lines and also Disney will tell you how NICE this terminal is compared to other lines. I guess you pay for it... but it is a very nice terminal.

We moved to the Castaway Club line and quickly were up getting our ship cards and boarding number. Group 5. Sweet. (there were like 40 groups).

We went off to sit for a bit. Notes say... "Sarah is cranky".

Capt Mickey was out & Char Girl and Becca wanted to see him. So we got in line....

And it moved pretty fast.... Sarah refused to join in the picture. Hugs for the best rodent around!

Aww, it would have a been a super cute family picture. You know, if Sarah had decided she was part of the family. And Kill-Joy wore a matching shirt.

For those of you unfamiliar with my previous TR let me take the time to introduce you to "Char face" That would be Charlie's forced smile. It's almost funny to watch it's progression in pictures. She's still learning to smile on cue. And many times has a W T F look on her face in pictures. You'll know it when you see it- the TRUE Charlie smile!" This, above, is not it!

They were already on group 3 by the time we were done with Mickey. I rushed my kids out to the deck to gasp and awe at the beauty of the Fantasy.

(Please notice me trying to tickle Charlie to get a real smile out of her. You will also see this a lot in these pictures).

We ran back inside. I snapped a quick picture of the model of the Wonder.

And just like that, our group was called!! In line we went and into the "Magical Mystery Mickey Ears". That transport you into a world upon the shark-ridden sea. But that also serves Rum".

'Doh' just saw DH photobombed my pic.

Past the Magical Mystery Mickey Ears I had to beg and plead for my family to stop for the Embark picture. More like. "Do it now". And so they did.

The white shirt. It's killing me.

And there were these signs...

And..sigh... heavenly sigh.. we were on board.

"Welcome XXXXX Family" Those of you unfamiliar with Disney cruises, they announce each family that walks on their ship over PA. And everyone claps and says welcome. It's cool.

Our Cruise tradition is. Get on board early. Get up to Lido Deck. Find deck chairs. Get Drink of Day. Get Ice-Cream. Put suits on Kids. Let them into empty ship pools (the ONLY time those pools are empty). So we followed tradition.

Drink o' Day. Check. (Oh yes, this one DID HAVE RUM!! It was called The Paradise.)

Ice-Cream. Check. First of hundreds maybe?

Empty Pool. Check. Only time you'll see this site. Look at the beauty of a pool so clean and pee-free.

Kids in swimsuits and into pool!

Based on the pool cliental.. 10 minutes after the empty pee-free pool pic..this pic probably is kids swimming in pee already. Side note- I never set foot in any cruise ship pool. Ugg. But my kids are allowed. Whatever. They are young. Pee does the body good. Makes them tough.

Aqua Duck Time!!!

There they go......

And that is my 25 picture limit.

But wait. Just so you know. My notes say we ate at Flo's (which was the fast food area). I got a wrap. And fruit. Kids got fried junk. It was ok. All food at Flo's was only OK. The fruit was pretty fresh.

Lordy, this was a crazy long update on a time frame that probably spanned 3 hours. It felt like it took me 3 hours to write.

So I guess I'll stop writing now. And let you digest it all. Mon'.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #40
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Your kill-joy is cracking me up! Because I have one of those too! GRRRR!!! Messing up the scrapbook album every single time!

Loving all the wait around to be called pictures...and spotted the first drink! Mom is still smiling!

The girls look they had a great start in the pool!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #41
KarBear
DIS Veteran

Awesome report so far! LOVE your wit and writing! And your family! I feel like you are writing it about us! My DH is the same way - no stinkin matchin shirts- lol

I am eager to hear about the kids clubs - my DD will be 12 when we cruise

Have a Magical Day!
KarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:29 PM   #42
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Uh...that was Fantasy Island, not Love Boat.

KillJoy has some splainin' to do. Here's the thing...he can run, but he cannot hide from photoshop. Tell him he can get with the program or he'll be with it either way. I present to you, exibit A...

Take THAT!

BRT, that was a supermessy-2 minute job that I did there just b/c I was being a smarta$$. If you want me to seriously color it in better and less messy, I can.

Ok, so you do exactly what I do. Compelled to be superearly, get there even earlier than planned and then wait so long that you wish you hadn't...but still do it the next time exactly the same.

I knew nothing about the boarding process, so this was really interesting, and I mean that in a fun and nice way, not in a bored-history-class-teacher-way.

f*@&Ying ant. Leave some for the sharks!
Old 06-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #43
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

OMG Karen. I almost just peed my pants laughing so hard at that photoshop picture.

I am not only going to print that out, I'm going frame it and put it in the foyer of our house so it's the first thing everyone sees!

I do not even know why I didn't think of photoshopping the color in. I was just too focused on his Kill-Joy ways.

I'm telling you- we will be arriving approx. 12 hours before start time at PHM between the two of us.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #44
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
Your kill-joy is cracking me up! Because I have one of those too! GRRRR!!! Messing up the scrapbook album every single time!

Loving all the wait around to be called pictures...and spotted the first drink! Mom is still smiling!

The girls look they had a great start in the pool!
Did you see Karen fixed it for me? True Tweedleness right there. Love that Dee!

I think my mom is smiling in most pictures. But then again, she discovered the B-52 shot at the mixology class early in the week and had a lot of them. So that may be why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarBear View Post
Awesome report so far! LOVE your wit and writing! And your family! I feel like you are writing it about us! My DH is the same way - no stinkin matchin shirts- lol

I am eager to hear about the kids clubs - my DD will be 12 when we cruise
Hi! Welcome!!! Thanks for reading!!

Lots of wit abound. I am very sarcastic.

If you notice, photoshop fixed the matching shirt issue. Hahahaha!!! Still doesn't change the fact that he's a Dis killjoy.

Edge will be covered next post. So stayed tuned.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #45
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I present to you, exibit A...

Take THAT!
HA! That's awesome!

I am amongst the many that will NOT wear matching clothing. The closest was for my 40th Birthday DW surprised me with matching shirts for the party - even knowing I hated that. However, she at least had the good sense to make them different colors. I still hated it though.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK NEW TR
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: