Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #16
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
Joining in!
Welcome! Thanks for joining!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
I think I might have just made it on your first.
I'm glad you made it over Tammie! Thanks for joining. There are even cupcakes at the tail end if this report!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Here I am!
Peter's in the house!!! Thanks for coming over! Any bets if this trip report takes as long as my other one?!? Hahahahaha!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #19
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggonz9 View Post
Looking forward to a new trip report! Lovely family!
Thanks for joining and thanks!!!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #20
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynn0612 View Post
I finally made it! Catching up after vacation is the pits!
It is the pits! That's why I took another one a week later! (To Upper Michigan). Hahahahaha!

Thanks for coming over! You will, of course, be featured in the TR with our matching shirts!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #21
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
I'm glad you made it over Tammie! Thanks for joining. There are even cupcakes at the tail end if this report!
You mean I have to stick around to the end for the cupcakes... Way to string me along!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #22
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Peter's in the house!!! Thanks for coming over! Any bets if this trip report takes as long as my other one?!? Hahahahaha!!!
You should just finish this one first. You don't remember anything from the other one anyways.

Then in the other one just keep writing: "And then we did...ummmm" and post a couple pictures.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #24
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about the high sea adventures!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #25
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Phew. Allright. I'm catching up here & then am going to actually do a post.

Quote:
You mean I have to stick around to the end for the cupcakes... Way to string me along!
I am mean, aren't I? But truth be, while there are plenty of rum and pirates and sharks on that big blue...there were not many cupcakes to be found. Clearly, cupcakes are land faring food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
You should just finish this one first. You don't remember anything from the other one anyways.

Then in the other one just keep writing: "And then we did...ummmm" and post a couple pictures.
You have a point there Peter.. But I am going to do a summary on the other one. And it will consist of... ummm... I think I liked this vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Whoopee - can't wait to read along
Howdy to my British readship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about the high sea adventures!
Yhea! Thanks for coming over!!!

Okay, now on to an update!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #26
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

The Story of How It Came to Be and Travel Day.

So how did 'Living the Fantasy Life' come to be?

In 2012 we embarked on a 5 day 'double-dip (two stops at Castaway)' cruise on The Dream with hubby's brother and family.

We had planned to do a Disney cruise for ages with the in-laws and spent 2 years saving & planning for this vacation. It came on the tail end of our adoption proceedings (we went to China in August & this cruise was in June) and so money was very tight. In addition, our air conditioning officially died 2 weeks before the cruise.

We were so close to canceling. But the cousins had planned for so long & we decided to just cut some stuff out and go.

That vacation was wonderful. Magical. Everything I could dream a Disney Cruise could be. We had so much fun & we quickly decided on board (with the in-laws) that we wanted to experience it again. And so we all re-booked with plans to come back in 2014. (oh, the joy of dummy bookings with no expiration in the good old days!).

Life happens. Charlie happened. And we continued to save for this. Prices were released in December of 2012. We booked quickly two staterooms and got the savings account going. Sadly, the price increase pushed the in-laws out & the had to give up their dummy booking. We were on our own.

We decided to keep ours with the thought that Charlie would get one Disney Cruise. And I quickly found an awesome facebook group that just grew & grew & grew.....

We had members in the 'hundreds'. I also joined a subset of the group for women who wanted to lose weight before the cruise. We started out with great intentions of huge weight loss in mind. And quickly abandoned all weight loss plans as we all discovered we were a bunch of sarcastic, talkative women. And we just became 'friends'. Great friends & great talk with a GREAT group of ladies. There were about 30 of us gals.

Winter raged on....and on... and on.......

I think it stopped snowing the day before we left for our cruise. I wish I was joking. Oh how we needed this vacation!!! During our months and months of solitude with snow... I made plans & fish extender gifts & all that jazz.

OK, who are we kidding.. I literally finished my fish extender gifts approximately 2 days before we left even though I had 18 months prior to sailing to do it. Let's just all remember I work best under pressure.

Due to the wonderful winter from hades... my children's school that was supposed to get out May 30th was extended to June 5th. Lovely- now my kids were missing 4 days of school. I booked the latest possible flight out on May 30th so they could attend school that day. And that was a wee bit stressful as if ANYTHING happened we would not be on that ship. Since we were due to board May 31st at 10:45 am.

I have mentioned I have a tendency to be early to everything. Like way early, right? Well I do. They suggest you arrive at the airport 2 hours before boarding. Well, I like to be at the gate 3 hours prior to boarding. My husband and children love me for this. Ha!

True to form. The second the kids got out of school (which was 3pm), I herding them into the car and off we went to the airport. Did I mention our flight left at 7:50pm. And.. we only live 30 minutes from the airport.

Um Yhea. We had A LOT of time pre-flight.

I got into a tiff with the TSA agent (not really advisable people). Apparently I looked like a bomb toting terrorist and the lady decided she needed to dust my body for bomb residue. I get that I look scary. But the real problem was she pushed through my children and kept telling them to go ahead without me while she detained me. Hubby and Mother were behind me. I didn't want my children joining the long ling (that merged with other lines) alone. I don't think I was wrong here in arguing with her when I kept trying to tell my children to stay by me...and she kept telling them to go through alone. I mean, Charlie is five people. Give me a break.

Luckily, no bomb residue was found on me. Nor any drugs or other substances that would prevent me from arriving at my sunny, boating destination... and I was allowed past with a stern look from the wonderful TSA who flagged me. Phew. Dodged that.

And with about 2 full hours till boarding, we arrived at our gate.

We had time, lots of it. So we wandered the terminal. We ate glorious airport food. We played petshops and we colored.

Finally boarding and then sitting for 1/2 hour. Flight was fine- even if delayed. Charlie slept. The other girls played on their electronics. We arrived in MCO around 11:45pm.

Our bags, of course, were last off the luggage. BUT, they arrived! We had arrived in MCO. With clothes. NOTHING would stop us now.

I booked a 2 bedroom suite at Orlando Homewood Suites for the night. The had a shuttle bus. I paid $120 for this room and it was VERY nice.

Yhea, yhea.. it's a 'morning' picture after we slept in them. What can I say? We arrived late! And we went right to bed.

Next day. CRUISE EMBARK DAY!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #27
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcaks & Booze, Running PHM

Awesome start...I missed your humor while you were gone!

Love the group picture!!! Hey I see your mom is smiling ...but then again anyone would be smiling since you did not get locked up for being impossible with a TSA agent. Don't you know not to mess with them...although I would have been thrown in the slammer too if they sent my children ahead of me...but they would learn their lesson fast enough with my youngest on his own...

I am really feeling the need to book a cruise, if we just knew what was going to happen with this whole darn college thing with my oldest. She is really messing up any trip planning for me past PHM! I am going to have to pick your brain about how you got involved in all these groups...I would love to go on a cruise where we "knew" people!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome start...I missed your humor while you were gone!

Love the group picture!!! Hey I see your mom is smiling ...but then again anyone would be smiling since you did not get locked up for being impossible with a TSA agent. Don't you know not to mess with them...although I would have been thrown in the slammer too if they sent my children ahead of me...but they would learn their lesson fast enough with my youngest on his own...

I am really feeling the need to book a cruise, if we just knew what was going to happen with this whole darn college thing with my oldest. She is really messing up any trip planning for me past PHM! I am going to have to pick your brain about how you got involved in all these groups...I would love to go on a cruise where we "knew" people!
My mom is smiling. Good observation. That's because she's still in an airport without a lot of children nearby her. Hahahaha!

The TSA agent was just being a crotchety old B. There is no reason why my children could not have stood right by me while they dusted me down for bomb powder. I wasn't trying to get out of getting screened.. I just didn't want my children navigating airport security by themselves. (for their safety and those around them as they pushed through, dodged lines & attempted to go through scanners with iphones!).

I already find vacation planning hard with my oldest going into 7th. I can't pull her from school anymore and that just throws ALL my touring plans- as I don't do well with massive crowds that accompany school breaks!

Almost all the cruises have disboard threads started. When you book one, just search out your dates in the cruise forum. Nowadays, they usually migrate over to FB- This one happened to be very big & very active. Our 2012 board was nowhere near the same. I think every 'group' is different. Depends on the people who end up joining! I got very lucky this go around!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #29
mae5731
Mouseketeer

I totally stole your pic of the group banner because I don't have a closeup of it in my two bazillion photographs I'm still sorting through....
Old 06-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #30
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae5731 View Post
I totally stole your pic of the group banner because I don't have a closeup of it in my two bazillion photographs I'm still sorting through....
Glad you could use it. I stole a picture of the group off facebook because we left before they took it...but I still wanted one!

That's what big Dis groups are for right?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: