Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #211
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
I did enjoy pirate night - but maybe because DD went to bed and skipped it. (Ooohh..talk about bad parents!) Looks like you guys had fun.
Well now don't try to steal the bad parent award from me.... you did read my facebook post where I let the girls go out and play Hunger Games so I could watch 30 Rock in peace, right?

I really do like Pirate Night though- it's just fun! Plus I love seeing all the characters in Pirate costumes! And fireworks on the sea is pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmom30 View Post
I applaud your rebel pirate firework watching from the privacy of your own balcony! That seems like having an MK view at the Contemporary and being able to go outside for wishes!

And I think everyone gets tired of their companions on a trip at some point! I'm glad no mothers were sold or children lost on the tour!
Exactly- good analogy! It was so awesome to watch the fireworks from the balcony. With only my own kids poking and pushing me!

My mother is always close to being sold on any trip we take. In fact, we are going to Hawaii in March & we made the decision to not invite her even though we knew she would want to come (and she did ask). She is just very, very martyrish. And we did two vacations in a row with her......

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
I am LOVING all the pirate pictures!! The girls are all so adorably piratey! The party pictures look fun and dinner at animator as palate seems like it would be a great place for dinner that night!

Fireworks on the balcony? Well, it wouldn't be a pirate night without some rebellion, right? Sounds like an awesome night to me!
I love pirate pictures too. And porthole pictures! Pirates and Portholes!! That's what I should have named this trip report. Although.. sharks are fun too.

I think we got the best rotation for pirates dinner. The other restaurants could pipe the music, but we had the pirate graphics and such because we had the TV's in our restaurant....

Rebellion is my middle name. Nicole Rebel Depp. Ha!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM   #212
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

Nicole Rebal Depp--perfect!!!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #213
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Joining in. This is a great TR! Your girls are adorable.

Jill in CO
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #214
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Joining in. This is a great TR! Your girls are adorable.

Jill in CO
Hi!!!

Thanks for joining in and reading the crazy TR! And thanks for the compliments on my little ones!!!

I hope to be productive & actually post another update this weekend. GASP!! Two in a week!!
Old 09-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #215
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

I love all the pirate night pics! What a fun night! You all looked so in your pirate gear! Totally don't blame you guys for your fireworks rebellion. Seems like a great way to end pirate night to me.

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #216
maggonz9
Earning My Ears

We love Stitch! I think its definitely worth it to stand in line for pics! Looks fun!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #217
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
I love all the pirate night pics! What a fun night! You all looked so in your pirate gear! Totally don't blame you guys for your fireworks rebellion. Seems like a great way to end pirate night to me.
Well pirates are rebellious by nature- so if I am to be kidnapped by Captain Jack in the future- I had to practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggonz9 View Post
We love Stitch! I think its definitely worth it to stand in line for pics! Looks fun!
I never understood the hate Stitch gets... he's so...cute and silly!!! I love seeing him in character as he's also very mischievous at the meet & greets!
Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #218
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Snorkeling with Jaws

Lets see if I can crank this puppy out before curriculum night...

Us rebel firework watching pirates went to bed happy with dreams of Jack Sparrow dancing through our heads. Ok- maybe that only applied to me. But whatever......

The alarm ringing at 6:45am brought us back to reality soon enough.

Today's adventures: St. Thomas. Activity: Snorkeling with Jaws.

That's how it's billed, seriously, in the Disney port of adventures section. No, no.. it's not. It was just called "half day snorkel and beach day". I added the Jaws part because I just KNEW I would swim into his open mouth and the second I jumped in the water the "da dum, da dum" music would start. And Roy Schieder would appear in a boat yelling "get out of the water".

Shoot, I watch too many movies.

Now, my family was not all together trusting my excursion choices on this trip after yesterday's fun on the island of drunk driving and prostitutes. Hmm. I wonder if Disboards is gonna let that word go through. I'm leaving it to try it out.

I had a lot to prove. I typically do not take ship excursions due to the high cost and high crowd factor of them. I like to venture out on my own. However, we did that last time in St. Thomas and the cost was still very high.. and this particular excursion got extremely high reviews consistently on the boards. And so I decided to give it a go.....

I'll let you determine whether that risk was worth it....

So anyways, up at 6:45 to dress, apply sunscreen, pack some bags & eat b-fast up at Cabanas. The day was kinda overcast which for snorkeling is not a bad thing....

We met in the WD theater at 8:15- there were about 65 of us on this tour and while that number may seem high- out on the catamaran and in the water- it didn't seem crowded at all.

We got off the boat and headed to the pier to board the Virgin Breeze. I will laugh if disboard bleeps out my boat name.

I made the children stop for a picture in the front of OUR boat. I love this picture.

We boarded our boat and found seats in the front. The crew was excellent and helpful. We started about a 20 minute boat ride to our first stop. They passed out snorkel gear and explained the rules & how to work it...

She is listening carefully. This was the first time our kids had snorkeled in the ocean.

She, too, has seen Jaws.

I was trying so very hard to not let my nervousness about sharks ruin anyone's experience.

We got to our first stop and the kids 'geared up'. I mean, how cute are these kids?

I would totally eat them if I were a shark if sharks based their attacks on cuteness.....

Come on people, really.... adorableness in heavy quantities right here:

Side note about this picture... we submitted this picture to China for our 2 year post-placement report. Why? Because here was a little girl- who for 4 years NEVER LEFT A ROOM in China. Who was scared of grass and wind and rain. 2 years later- this girl was willing and able to trust us enough to throw on weird looking gear and jump into a very scary unknown ocean to try! People, this little girls is AMAZING. I love her so much.... side note done.. and please note I will now not finish this post before curriculum night.

I am wordy.

We jumped in the water. And I handed off the camera to the hubs and older two to take pictures. Meanwhile I grasped on to a little girl as we hunted sharks.

(seriously the fins on her- so freaking cute!)

Dad. Camera and two girls meant.. yup.. pictures... underwater.

I'd like to point out that they say you should never wear high contrasting bathing suits or sparkly things in the ocean to avoid sharks. Rebecca chose to wear a neon green and back bikini with sparkly sequins on them. Mom shark proofing her baby..fail!! I noticed this too late. And so I said a prayer to the shark gods that they went after the less cute people (KIDDING!!!)

Okay, so another reason for my fear of sharks in this part is because this is an area known for turtle congregation. And guess what sharks like to eat.. yup. Turtles.

Thankfully, while adorable cute, this does NOT look like a turtle.

However, once Kurt spotted this.. I forgot all about sharks because this, people, ,was absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Wait, it gets better. Way better.

These pictures are not zoomed. We did not chase a turtle. The turtle was just THIS CLOSE to us while we bobbed around as shark bait. It was so, so awesome (did I Say that). Seriously, I was in awe that I was in the water right next to the majestic, wonderful sea turtle. It was so beautiful.

I honestly forgot all about sharks and just stared at wonder at what lies beneath the ocean surface. This is why I push aside my huge irrational fears and actually GET in the water and do this stuff.. and don't share my fears with my children- so they too can experience. Because this is living life. And this is a memory I nor my children will EVER forget .

So. Awesome.

Meanwhile, sparkly shark bait took the camera again.

My three awesome snorkelers not being eaten by jaws. Vacation memories happening here!

Oh, there's our boat. And my mother floating along on a water tube... she refuses to put on a snorkel mask. So she just floated.

After the turtle we moved closer to the reef with the older two while I deposited Char with Gram to float.

I had stopped searching out sharks and instead looked around. (this would have been a perfect time for Jaws to make his appearance)

Oh, and she wanted more pictures of herself. With her sparkly shark bait suit.

We swam back to the boat. Here's the non-sparkly cutie Sarah-

We got back on the boat and started to dry off. And we got ready to for the next part of the adventure....

So far, EVERYONE was loving this trip. Like- 3 months later I am still reliving the awesomeness of this!!!

And for the record.. I DID finish before curriculum night. Bonus!!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #219
STLMickeyMom
DIS Veteran

LOVE the sea turtle pictures! they are seriously my most favorite animal!!!!!!! they are just so amazingly awesome and magical--no wonder it showed up while you were on a DISNEY cruise! and, did you know their name in Hawaiian (honu) means luck? so see? he was obviously bringing you some good, no shark sighting, luck! we've seen them up close like that both times I've gone to Hawaii, so they'll bring you some more good luck when you go there on your vacation, i'm sure!

the girls all look too cute in their snorkel gear! and to think about all Charlie is getting to experience and brave enough to try--amazing! she's an awesome little person, isn't she? the picture that you like because you can see the fins on her feet, I like because of you two holding hands--so sweet!

i'm glad this part of your excursion was a success! I hope the next part of your day goes as well!
STLMickeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:01 PM   #220
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
LOVE the sea turtle pictures! they are seriously my most favorite animal!!!!!!! they are just so amazingly awesome and magical--no wonder it showed up while you were on a DISNEY cruise! and, did you know their name in Hawaiian (honu) means luck? so see? he was obviously bringing you some good, no shark sighting, luck! we've seen them up close like that both times I've gone to Hawaii, so they'll bring you some more good luck when you go there on your vacation, i'm sure!

the girls all look too cute in their snorkel gear! and to think about all Charlie is getting to experience and brave enough to try--amazing! she's an awesome little person, isn't she? the picture that you like because you can see the fins on her feet, I like because of you two holding hands--so sweet!

i'm glad this part of your excursion was a success! I hope the next part of your day goes as well!
They are so awesome. To watch them in the water- just swimming by you- I was in serious awe. I know they populate the Hawaiian waters & I already have a 'snorkeling' map going on the islands we are going to.....

Now, the problem for me with Hawaii is there really is a HUGE number of Tiger sharks in those waters & I have read way too much.......... I am really, really hoping I can get past this! (in contrast, in all my research before the cruise I never actually came across much shark occurrence news)

I will hold on the fact that turtles are good luck so no sharks will make their appearance! (I'm so dumb, I know!) Where is the shark attack emoticon?
Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 AM   #221
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Wow, I got behind! BadTweedle! BTW, there is this commercial that makes me think of us...it's a Lipton Tea commercial I think and these two guys come in and start singing. They are dressed in red pants and yellow shirts though and they look a bit like Tweedles, so once I noticed that, I just think of us as big men singing about Tea.

Ok, back to you. Arg, surely you are my RebelPirateTweedle! Breaking the rules while choking on cigarette smoke! Woot! I can nearly not control my passive aggressive behavior when people start smoking in front of me. I cough, I roll my eyes, I cover my face and then usually pat my daughter on her head...all in my passive aggressive attempt to point out how they are killing me and my child...without actually causing a confrontation, because you know I hate those! Yet still continue with the passive aggressive behavior!

The scuba diving looks AWESOME!!! Score for mom on this one. WTG with facing those sharkfears, it looks like fun was had by all.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #222
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Wow, I got behind! BadTweedle! BTW, there is this commercial that makes me think of us...it's a Lipton Tea commercial I think and these two guys come in and start singing. They are dressed in red pants and yellow shirts though and they look a bit like Tweedles, so once I noticed that, I just think of us as big men singing about Tea.

Ok, back to you. Arg, surely you are my RebelPirateTweedle! Breaking the rules while choking on cigarette smoke! Woot! I can nearly not control my passive aggressive behavior when people start smoking in front of me. I cough, I roll my eyes, I cover my face and then usually pat my daughter on her head...all in my passive aggressive attempt to point out how they are killing me and my child...without actually causing a confrontation, because you know I hate those! Yet still continue with the passive aggressive behavior!

The scuba diving looks AWESOME!!! Score for mom on this one. WTG with facing those sharkfears, it looks like fun was had by all.
I could pull the 'looking like a guy' thing off and sing about tea. Yup, sure could! "Tea is awesome, Tea is great.. Drink your tea and don't be late! Because late is bad and makes me mad. So drink your tea and don't be late with me!" Why has Lipton not hired me yet?

I am so bad with passive aggressive behavior with smokers. So bad... I can't stand smoke in my face.. it really, really bothers me. Which is funny because I grew up in a house full of smokers. You would think I would have been used to it. Course my dad also died from lung cancer at a very early age.. so there's that.......... the best part is I passed on this hatred of smoke to my middle child who has problems filtering.. so when I start waving and coughing and covering my mouth.. she just flat out says loudly in earshot of the person "why is that person smoking? It's so disgusting! Don't they know it will kill them". And I'm all like.. "well, there we go. .problem solved! Thanks for having balls Sarah!"
Old 09-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #223
gmiller
Earning My Ears

I am loving your TR. My family and I are leaving on this same trip in one short week. So glad I am caught up, so now maybe I can start packing...
gmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #224
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller View Post
I am loving your TR. My family and I are leaving on this same trip in one short week. So glad I am caught up, so now maybe I can start packing...
Welcome!!! So exciting that you are less than a week away from a cruise!! Woo!!!

And packing early is overrated. I always find myself packing about 6 hours before my flight leaves! Ha!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #225
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Oh that looks like lots of fun! That turtle sighting, is so awesome!! Who wouldn't love swimming with turtles!

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: