Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #151
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMickeyMom View Post
that mixology class sounds AWESOME! I would so have been getting drunk with you and your mom! the drunk pictures after are great!

aahhh, embarrassing the children....good times!
The mixology class was awesome! Supremely awesome!

And that is the reason for my existence- to embarrass my children. I've been embarrassing Sarah for years- but Becca's pretty chill and usually doesn't care about stuff like this. The hiccups were her undoing. I'll have to remember that for any future dates. I'll answer the door drunk and scare off any guy.
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #152
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

CHEERS!

Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #153
Jackiemarie21
DIS Veteran

Wow your mixology class looks like so much fun! I want to do one! And your pictures and commentary are so funny! And an added bonus embarrassing the kiddos! sounds like a well rounded afternoon.

New PTR: After All This, We are going to Need Some Magic!
Previous trip report: This is Literally the Best Trip Ever!

Jackiemarie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:04 PM   #154
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
CHEERS!

It's another hidden Mickey Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemarie21 View Post
Wow your mixology class looks like so much fun! I want to do one! And your pictures and commentary are so funny! And an added bonus embarrassing the kiddos! sounds like a well rounded afternoon.
It was so much fun!!! Drinks and embarrassment!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #155
lauralynn0612
Mouseketeer

I have returned to the boards! All caught up. Sorry to hear all the sad news (and sorry to be late on my condolences).

I had several of those same drinks. Not sure if they were amaretto sours or not? They were a little sweeter than my usual amaretto sours. Definitely liked them. Liked them even more because they were free.

I will have to borrow your Palo buffet pictures. I am definitely not going to feel bad about taking pictures should we go again! I also tried the caviar. I just had to. I certainly was not going to pay some exorbitant price for it somewhere else. I didn't think it had much taste. I even like seafood. Alas, my palette is cheap. As to the price, I am certain each crack ball ran $25. More than got my money's worth.

Mixology was certainly a blast! Glad to discover I got Daniel's name right in my trip report. I was more distracted by him and not necessarily the accent. Whatevs. Drunk shopping is also highly recommended. We didn't have time, we had to go straight to dinner. My drunk hiccups day came on St. Thomas. The rum punch packed quite the punch. My brothers were more entertained than embarrassed.
lauralynn0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #156
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynn0612 View Post
I have returned to the boards! All caught up. Sorry to hear all the sad news (and sorry to be late on my condolences).

I had several of those same drinks. Not sure if they were amaretto sours or not? They were a little sweeter than my usual amaretto sours. Definitely liked them. Liked them even more because they were free.

I will have to borrow your Palo buffet pictures. I am definitely not going to feel bad about taking pictures should we go again! I also tried the caviar. I just had to. I certainly was not going to pay some exorbitant price for it somewhere else. I didn't think it had much taste. I even like seafood. Alas, my palette is cheap. As to the price, I am certain each crack ball ran $25. More than got my money's worth.

Mixology was certainly a blast! Glad to discover I got Daniel's name right in my trip report. I was more distracted by him and not necessarily the accent. Whatevs. Drunk shopping is also highly recommended. We didn't have time, we had to go straight to dinner. My drunk hiccups day came on St. Thomas. The rum punch packed quite the punch. My brothers were more entertained than embarrassed.
You are right, they were pretty sweet. Maybe they were Amaretto Sweet & Sours? Instead of Amaretto Sours? I dunno . They were free..and I drank them!

I am pretty sure any Brittish guy could be as ugly as they come & he'd open his mouth and start talking & I'd think he's instantly hot. I really have a thing for Brittish guys. Kinda funny that I married a German one!

My mom was SO freaking funny in St. Thomas on that rum punch!!! She must have had 10 of them.... later after the trip I was downloading my pictures/videos to her computer and there was a video of her singing and dancing and she's like "I never did that". I was like.. "Oh yes you did!!"
Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 PM   #157
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle, and the other family issues

Free drinks are pretty nice!! I'm glad you took full advantage!! And, who doesn't love a good porthole photo...or 9

And, you gotta love family dynamics

Very cute braids on DD!

We never took down our bunk bed, since we only have DD....but I was dying to see the constellations! Such a cool feature!

We got drinks before dinner at Remy, and Daniel was our bartender! He and DH had a fun conversation about craft beer in England His accent was the best!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

WL-January 2015; DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #158
gfly
Mouseketeer

this is great
Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #159
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle, and the other family issues

Free drinks are pretty nice!! I'm glad you took full advantage!! And, who doesn't love a good porthole photo...or 9

And, you gotta love family dynamics

Very cute braids on DD!

We never took down our bunk bed, since we only have DD....but I was dying to see the constellations! Such a cool feature!

We got drinks before dinner at Remy, and Daniel was our bartender! He and DH had a fun conversation about craft beer in England His accent was the best!
Clearly Daniel is very popular for many reasons! You are the third person to remark on him!!!

I loved the constellations. Such a neat touch!!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #160
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfly View Post
this is great
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:35 AM   #161
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Dinner & Roy.

Hello fellow readers- yes, I have been MIA. I've been so crazy busy this summer... it's just slipping away... but I called in sick today (shh don't tell my boss!) and thought I'd use some 'me' time to catch up a bit!

Also, have to mention (you know, because my obsession with sharks) the story of the man who went on a tour in the Bahamas that offers 'night cageless diving with Tiger sharks and you can hand feed them'. He died. I'm sorry he died... but WHAT.IN.THE.WORLD?!?! Why would you jump into water that has been chummed AT NIGHT (when sharks hunt), WITHOUT A CAGE.. and hope to HAND FEED the 2nd most dangerous shark to humans (after the Great White)?

Anyways. We did not do this tour in the Bahamas. Even though when we did snorkel I treated it as if we were snorkeling with 900 Tiger sharks. But more on that later.

Right now....... let's finish our 2nd sea night.

I had recovered from my drunken hiccups- much to my daughter's HUGE relief. She could now have dinner with me without being mortally embarrassed.

Mom, Becca and I decided to head down a little early and get in line with Pluto. Becca loves that little dog....

We hopped in the line....

My mother was present & smiling which means she was not angry about something. Or she was drunk still too. I don't know which?!

While waiting up, we looked down into the lobby and saw a special occasion...
Aww.........

Someone got married. Congrats you happy little couple. May your lives be blessed with many, many happy wonderful Disney memories.

Also while waiting, the other half with the other children showed up below. Our dinner was Royal Court which just happened to be behind the staircase...

A sight sweeter than the wedding couple:

A daddy dancing with his little girl...

Cue the awwwwws...............

Finally we got up to Pluto.. and got our picture with that silly old dawg!

And headed downstairs for our dinner.

As mentioned, it was in the "Royal Court" - the fanciest of the 3 restaurant locations.

My kids (ok, and me) were impressed with the folded prince shirt napkins.

Because we are not cultured or classy in any way, shape or form... we took time to pose with Disney's naughty little pepper shaker....

Come on Disney.. at the Royal Court?!?!

More cuteness at the table-

Dinner was:

Appetizer- Fried Brie. My notes say "YUCK"

Soup- French Onion. Ok ( I deleted the picture in an effort to make the 25 picture post). So just imagine it. It looked like... French Onion Soup.

Dinner- Mushroom Ravioli. Notes say "OK"

Char got Steak.

I know you all wanted to see her chewed food in her mouth. So you are welcome for that.

Dessert- Crème Brule. I mean, you can't go wrong with Crème Brule. So it was good!

Char went for the Mickey Ice-Cream Bar. Again. Like portholes pictures, you can never have too many Mickey Ice-Cream pictures........

The photographer was out and about this night at dinner & took a bunch of pictures of us. So I'll share...

My three girls from oldest to youngest:

A 'real' smile from the Char girl!

Cuties:

My mother and me:

My girl and me:

Other notes I have written down about dinner....

At one point myself and a child had to use the restroom. There were no nearby restrooms so I asked where to go. Gilbert (our asst. server) ended up walking us all the way to the restroom even after I told him I got it.... he was really a GREAT server!

Renaldo (main server) also took some time to do magic tricks for my kids. Charlie especially loved this and for the rest of the trip demanded he do the 'rainbow crayon' trick (changing crayon color). Every time he did, she just laughed and laughed.

On way out, the band was playing again & Charlie stopped to dance!

Kurt then took all the kids to the pool while I started getting things ready for the next day at St. Maarten.

I also had big plans for the night! It was "Girls Night Out" with my FB group! We have a name for our group but I can't tell you because it's top secret and then you'd have to disappear (and also because it's naughty and DIS would censor the name..).

As I mentioned before, this small group of ladies had talked for months on FB prior to the cruise. One of them just happened to be staying in the Roy Disney suite. And she graciously offered to host.

I was excited to see how the better half lived. I went up at 9:30 and took a 'few' pictures. I didn't want to seem too crazy with the pictures- especially considering their stuff was everywhere....

The main bedroom- which had a TV build into the end that you could raise (that's it being raised)

The walk-in closet was bigger than our stateroom.

There was a separate living room, kitchen, dining room & maybe another bedroom we didn't get to see.....

The master bath had a TV built into the the mirror. And a tub bigger than the Mickey Pool (not really, but close).

There was a huge wrap-around balcony with lots of hanging space...

And a private hot tub!

It was nice to see. It wasn't QUITE as big as I expected for the price I looked up online... but it was nice & fancy..... and I am glad we got invited in!

The bigger show of the night was meeting all these women! It was a lot of fun & laughs....

The rule was everyone had to wear an 'anchor' as that was our 'symbol'. And so the four of us here were laughing that we showed up in the same shirt. This was not planned in anyway!!

Most of the big ole' group in the living room of the Roy!

We didn't drink much (or I didn't) because of the fact I had way too much earlier in the day and it was an early morning the next day- but I stayed till a little after midnight before walking out to head back to my non-Roy suite and into slumberland.........

Another day on the Fantasy- done...........

Last edited by Tinker326; 07-28-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #162
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Hellooooooo Tweedlestranger! I miss you!

So, I have to agree that Charlie and Daddy dancing are cuter than the newlyweds. Sorry newlyweds, cute little girl dancing with her dad wins every time.

Now, we need to talk a bit about your Pluto paws. Becca seems to be the only one to knows how to properly do the paws, your mother coming in second almost doing it right. You, my dear tweedle, look like you are showing us your nail polish. Ok, I won't tease you anymore, let's move on to teasing Disney...

Uh...WHO thunk up those salt shakers??? I don't know, maybe I just have a filthy mind, but surely they noticed this? SOMEONE has to have a dirty mind who works at Disney, yes??? I appreciate that my Tweedle noticed, makes me feel like less of a degenerate.

That room looks huge compared to the regular rooms, but the deck, oh man...if I could just win the lottery. Wait. I don't have any interest in a cruise...but you never know how your tastes might change when you win the lottery, yes? You could sit on that deck and watch for sharks all day long! I have been giggling at shark week commercials and sharknado 2 ads for days. See, you have been on my mind, even if we aren't sending each other selfies daily.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #163
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Hellooooooo Tweedlestranger! I miss you!

So, I have to agree that Charlie and Daddy dancing are cuter than the newlyweds. Sorry newlyweds, cute little girl dancing with her dad wins every time.

Now, we need to talk a bit about your Pluto paws. Becca seems to be the only one to knows how to properly do the paws, your mother coming in second almost doing it right. You, my dear tweedle, look like you are showing us your nail polish. Ok, I won't tease you anymore, let's move on to teasing Disney...

Uh...WHO thunk up those salt shakers??? I don't know, maybe I just have a filthy mind, but surely they noticed this? SOMEONE has to have a dirty mind who works at Disney, yes??? I appreciate that my Tweedle noticed, makes me feel like less of a degenerate.

That room looks huge compared to the regular rooms, but the deck, oh man...if I could just win the lottery. Wait. I don't have any interest in a cruise...but you never know how your tastes might change when you win the lottery, yes? You could sit on that deck and watch for sharks all day long! I have been giggling at shark week commercials and sharknado 2 ads for days. See, you have been on my mind, even if we aren't sending each other selfies daily.
on the Pluto Paws. I TOLD YOU I WAS HORRIBLE WITH POSES!!!

At this point, all the practice in the world probably won't save me!

I felt those salt shakers were a little bit like that old Little Mermaid VHS cover (of which, I own) with the imbedded you know what in the castle. The best part was our server walked up as I was taking that picture of Kurt and the naughty little pepper shaker. So we looked even more unclassy... hahahaha! Someone in Disney got their kicks here.....that's for sure!

It is pretty exciting that Shark Week is almost here!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #164
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
on the Pluto Paws. I TOLD YOU I WAS HORRIBLE WITH POSES!!!

At this point, all the practice in the world probably won't save me!

I felt those salt shakers were a little bit like that old Little Mermaid VHS cover (of which, I own) with the imbedded you know what in the castle. The best part was our server walked up as I was taking that picture of Kurt and the naughty little pepper shaker. So we looked even more unclassy... hahahaha! Someone in Disney got their kicks here.....that's for sure!

It is pretty exciting that Shark Week is almost here!!!
It's ok, I'm horrible with poses as well...we'll look even more like dorky tweedles trying to pose. I can see it now!

Wait, so you are EXCITED about shark week? This obsession of yours is strange. Are you scared or excited?
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #165
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
It's ok, I'm horrible with poses as well...we'll look even more like dorky tweedles trying to pose. I can see it now!

Wait, so you are EXCITED about shark week? This obsession of yours is strange. Are you scared or excited?
I'm terrified of sharks and so I become obsessive about them. Watching, learning and reading about them in anything I can find.

You know, so when I confront one, I am fully prepared on how to get away!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: