Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM   #1
TsLoveMickey
Earning My Ears

How long will CBR refurb take?

I've read here that the CBR refurb has started ... any ideas when it will be completed? We're going second week of December in a standard and really hoping for two queen beds! Has anyone stayed in a new room yet?
TsLoveMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Ames389
Earning My Ears

I don't know but I will be following your post because I would like to know too. We are planning for January. We originally thought about staying at WL, but I would like to stay at a resort with a more tropical feel in the winter. I have been here three times before and don't really care for all of the walking and busses, but we plan to drive our car everywhere except the MK. Crossing my fingers for queen beds by then or that might be the determine factor to choose a different resort.
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
FaithTrustPixieDust*
Disney Dreamer since 1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsLoveMickey View Post
I've read here that the CBR refurb has started ... any ideas when it will be completed? We're going second week of December in a standard and really hoping for two queen beds! Has anyone stayed in a new room yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ames389 View Post
I don't know but I will be following your post because I would like to know too. We are planning for January. We originally thought about staying at WL, but I would like to stay at a resort with a more tropical feel in the winter. I have been here three times before and don't really care for all of the walking and busses, but we plan to drive our car everywhere except the MK. Crossing my fingers for queen beds by then or that might be the determine factor to choose a different resort.
Hi the permit for the refurb expires in May 2015, so although the end date is not confirmed, it's probably fair to assume that it will be around then!

They have started the refurb with Jamaica 41, so if you would really like a refurbed room, I'd recommend requesting Jamaica as they should all be done by then

You can find loads of information on the CBR thread here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285736

Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

From recent reports, it took them 3 to 4 weeks to finish Jamaica Building 41 which I thought was pretty fast. If they keep moving at that rate, many of the buildings will be done by the time you arrive in December.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #5
JennyAnne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
From recent reports, it took them 3 to 4 weeks to finish Jamaica Building 41 which I thought was pretty fast. If they keep moving at that rate, many of the buildings will be done by the time you arrive in December.
That's fast, but at that rate, they won't have the whole resort done by May 2015 (if you figure a month or so per building). Are they doing the whole resort? I was assuming perhaps they weren't doing Trinidad South since those have been (I think) a little more recently renovated into the pirate rooms.
JennyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #6
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyAnne View Post
That's fast, but at that rate, they won't have the whole resort done by May 2015 (if you figure a month or so per building). Are they doing the whole resort? I was assuming perhaps they weren't doing Trinidad South since those have been (I think) a little more recently renovated into the pirate rooms.
The permits that were filed didn't include the pirate themed rooms in Trinidad South.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #7
JennyAnne
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The permits that were filed didn't include the pirate themed rooms in Trinidad South.
Right, but excluding Trinidad South, there are 27 buildings (I think). At that rate, they're not going to complete all 27 buildings by next May, unless they bring in additional crews or something. Unless my math is totally off....
JennyAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:39 PM   #8
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

Is it just me, or does it seam like over kill with so many resorts/pools being referbed at the same time. I know they do these off season, but I can't remember a time there were so few choices of resorts without major construction at the same time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: