Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #31
jillbur
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #32
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Hi Magdalene! Signing up for your TR! Can't wait to read all about it! I'll have to wait until I'm home to see the pictures. I can't see them at work. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. Sounds like a lovely vacation.
Wendy!!

I was going to email you tonight - with a link to the trip report (did not want to send just a short note, I know I owe you a proper email), but now you have found it on your own!! Will try to get that email to you soon though!! I hope all is well with all the events back home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
To byl velmi zajímavý odstavec, vůbec jsem nerozuměla. Ale alespoň teď vím, na co jsou potřeba cestovní kanceláře....
Well, I have the advantage of Google translator that helped me understand your Czech - otherwise it would have been all Bohemian villages to me!!

Quote:
Third most important person for this trip report!!

Quote:
Same feet AND same shoes?
No, my shoes are the same model, but different decor. Also: different nail polish!!

Quote:
No water
I am pretty sure I had filled up my water bottle at the airport in Nuremberg, I had plenty of water!

Quote:
it gets worse, now your drinking alcohol
I gues you also didn't do the onboard calisthenics...
I would get scolded by my bis sister!
I did do regular exercise during the flight!!!

Quote:
I'm very hungry now!
Sorry! But you and your DH would love that place! It was really delicious!

Quote:
It seems we will be on the ship soon - all the beach days in one installment?
We will see how it goes, but there was not a lot happening in Fort Lauderdale...

Quote:
I didn't see your email on time, spent over half an hour yesterday evening in the queue at the ice cream parlour...

Isn't it a really nice ticker! I jsut whish I had one that doesn't end in 2015.
I just realised that I have a typo in that ticker!!!

And I agree, it would be nice if it were not for 11 months and change...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Last edited by Flossbolna; 06-10-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #33
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
DVC owner AND Florida resident discounts. I see what you did there.
Yes, nice combination! I loved the DVC discount in Disneyland. I got 10% off on all merchandise and all food (not alcohol though).

Quote:
That's a good enough reason for me!
Oh, I think any reason for a vacation is a good one!

Quote:
Sounds wonderful!
Yes, as long as it does not turn out to be as wet as that camping trip to Denmark that we once tried to do...

Quote:
I bet it's because he's actually famous. Is it Michael Fassbender from the X-Men movies?
Hush!! You were not supposed to make that public!! :asst:

No, I think it is because his and my opinion about what is a good picture of him are not always in synch (I might have very rose tinted glasses in that matter... ). And it took me years of being on the DIS before I got into the posting of pictures of myself thing...

Quote:
I'm glad you liked the book! My wife started reading that series and thought the first one was the best...her interest waned after that.
Oh! Don't want to hear that!! Did she read them quickly after one another? I do think with series of books it makes sense to take long breaks between the books as for it to not become too repetitive. I really liked that I was forced to take breaks between the Harry Potter books as I read them when they came out.

Quote:
9.5 hours of flying time...
There are longer flights than that. It is surprising how quickly the time passes. And the thing that amazes me the most is that it seems that kids often seem to deal with the long flights much better than many adults.

Quote:

Did it work? Because I can fetch breakfast on future trips.
Thank you very much for the offer! But Disney does provide 24 hour room service included in your cruise fare. So no need for taking a breakfast-fetcher!

Quote:
I just hope it's not followed by Tuesdays at Taco Bell.
No, I think there is no specific restaurant for any other day of the week.

Quote:
What's the difference between wonderful and spectacular? Most of the places I stay give me the "generic crappy" room.
Everything at the W had strange names. In this case spectacular meant large balcony with a sideways beach view, wonderful was small balcony, no view.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #34
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppesister View Post
Yay! Another TR that I'll never ever be able to give full justice to. I'm here nonetheless- thanks for the invitation!
:Welcome: Liesa!! So happy to have you with what little time you have to spare! And who knows, by the time I finish this, you might have graduated from your nursing degree! I hope the wedding planning goes well, when is the big day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Great to have you here!

Old 06-11-2014, 04:08 AM   #35
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Looks like your travel day went very smoothly. I was reading about your flight with great interest as at the moment it looks like we may be flying Air France to LA in November. What a shame about the mix up at the hotel, but I am glad that you got it sorted. Your dinner looked lovely.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:02 AM   #36
ShellB8585
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to following this TR. Thanks for taking the time to share with us
2011 - 2012 ~ 2 visits to DLP

7 Night Eastern Caribbean ~ Disney Magic ~ 14 Jan 2012
4 Night Mediterranean ~ Disney Magic ~ 9 July 2013

Shelley DH Carl

ShellB8585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #37
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Yay Magdalene, you have started your report!
Makes me feel bad again about not having written one about my WBPC last year ... I just never haver seemed to get around to it.

But now I'm happy to follow your report instead. I thought of you a couple of times during the cruise and looked up what port you were currently at - I really want to do this trip again sometime!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 AM   #38
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Looks like your travel day went very smoothly. I was reading about your flight with great interest as at the moment it looks like we may be flying Air France to LA in November. What a shame about the mix up at the hotel, but I am glad that you got it sorted. Your dinner looked lovely.

Corinna
Yes, it was a good travel day! That was the third time using Air France across the Atlantic and while my experience in 2008 was just ok, I really enjoyed it last year and this year. If you want to read about my experience last year, I wrote about it here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post48504412

They really have improved how you connect at at CDG, but I am not sure whether things might not be different from you coming from a non-Schengen country? But I do think that they treat all EU flights the same for connections. In 2008 it was still a hassle to get through multiple checkpoints it seemed.

Going to LA you would be on the A380, so no issue with old 777s. I know we talked about the A380 and I did not think the plane was that amazing. But I did enjoy that AF has economy class on the upper deck with a 2-4-2 configuration. I had a nice storage compartment between me and the window which came in very handy!

I have flown AF quite a few times to Paris recently as well and I have to say that I have had mainly great experiences with crew as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellB8585 View Post
Looking forward to following this TR. Thanks for taking the time to share with us
Great to have you here! I see that you are from Somerset. I really love that area of England! My family has spent many vacations in South West England and I have recently been thinking about how I really need to return there! My sister, my father and I actually hiked all of the South West Coast Path over several years (a week at a time). Such a beautiful coastline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Yay Magdalene, you have started your report!
Makes me feel bad again about not having written one about my WBPC last year ... I just never haver seemed to get around to it.

But now I'm happy to follow your report instead. I thought of you a couple of times during the cruise and looked up what port you were currently at - I really want to do this trip again sometime!
Annika! Don't worry about not writing a trip report! I totally understand! If I had not people in real life like Katharina and Michael (who reads, but doesn't post) who "expect" me to write the report, I am not sure I would have started it. It is actually quite daunting to think about having to write about a 4 week vacation! I don't want to think about how long it is going to take me to finish it!!

But please feel welcome to add anything from your experience on your cruise last year! It will be fun to be able to compare notes!

And I totally understand how you feel about repeating this itinerary! I would love to do it again as well. Not immediately, but in a few years... Maybe when one of the new ship goes through the new locks... (But I don't want to think about the prices they are going to ask for a Fantasy cruise through the Panama Canal...).

Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #39
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I'm here and ready for the next installment!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #40
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Yeah, another WBPC trip report, ich bin dabei.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #41
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I'm here and ready for the next installment!.............P
Hi Pam! Great to see you here!
The next update has been written, but it needs proofreading and I am too tired to day. So, it should be up tomorrow evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimmi View Post
Yeah, another WBPC trip report, ich bin dabei.
Herzlich Willkommen!! I see that I have found the second Austrian DISer (I wonder whether there are more of you here... ). It's quite amazing that I now have five readers who speak German for this trip report!! When I started reading the DIS it seems that there were no other Europeans to be found besides the people from the UK.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #42
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi Pam! Great to see you here!
The next update has been written, but it needs proofreading and I am too tired to day. So, it should be up tomorrow evening!

Herzlich Willkommen!! I see that I have found the second Austrian DISer (I wonder whether there are more of you here... ). It's quite amazing that I now have five readers who speak German for this trip report!! When I started reading the DIS it seems that there were no other Europeans to be found besides the people from the UK.
I came across a lady from Linz here once, but other than that I'm afraid that we are a rare species on this board.
It's not only on the Disboards where I feel a bit lonely at times, try telling people here that you're doing a Disney cruise , nobody has ever heard about that and everybody thinks I'm crazy.
My husbands get a lot of compassion .

We are doing the WBPC next year and I love that there are finally a few trip reports available, thanks for that.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #43
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I came across a lady from Linz here once, but other than that I'm afraid that we are a rare species on this board.
It's not only on the Disboards where I feel a bit lonely at times, try telling people here that you're doing a Disney cruise , nobody has ever heard about that and everybody thinks I'm crazy.

We are doing the WBPC next year and I love that there are finally a few trip reports available, thanks for that.
I know what you mean. People look at me like I have two heads when I talk about going on a Disney cruise. Only my doctor knew exactly what I was talking about, as he and his family had seen the Disney Magic in a Mediterranean port one summer and thought it looked so pretty! That was a surprise!

I think the lady from Linz must have been Karin, dizneeat.

I hope you will enjoy my trip report! At least I can already tell you that I think you chose a great cruise with the WBPC!

Old 06-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #44
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
It's quite amazing that I now have five readers who speak German for this trip report!! When I started reading the DIS it seems that there were no other Europeans to be found besides the people from the UK.
I know, I have been thinking the same ... quite a lot of us here now! But on 5 cruises so far, I have only ever met/seen/heard 2 German speaking families on board. A Swiss-American family on last years WPBC, and a German family on one of our cruises out of New York City. One of the German guys was even Platinum (and no, it wasn't dizneeat's brother ). We have yet to cruise with German-speaking Disers, that would really be fun!

EDIT: Oh and by the way ... five readers? Who am I missing? Karin, mimmi, dolphingirl47, me and ...? Your sister probably?

Quote:
Absolutely the same here! "What cruise line? Never heard of them. Seriously, Mickey Mouse? Okaaayyy ... I always knew you were weird".
And to think that Aida and MSC and several other cruise lines depart on Northern European itineraries right from my hometown ... I will get around to trying them eventually. But so far, we have never strayed from DCL

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #45
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what you mean. People look at me like I have two heads when I talk about going on a Disney cruise. Only my doctor knew exactly what I was talking about, as he and his family had seen the Disney Magic in a Mediterranean port one summer and thought it looked so pretty! That was a surprise!

I think the lady from Linz must have been Karin, dizneeat.
We all have about the same feeling when it comes to tell someone here we are going to Disney or on a Disney cruise.
Guess what, when we go to WDW, we officially meet with friends in Florida. , well yes we do! Going to DLRP we are visiting Paris or Magny le Hongre. Let them figure it out.
We have "some" friends who share the love of Disney here, but at work, when someone asks if we go on "yet another" cruise, I just mention the initials. It's an American company, they have great service ...... and no we are not doing Carnival.
Not many people here "get it".

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
I know, I have been thinking the same ... quite a lot of us here now! But on 5 cruises so far, I have only ever met/seen/heard 2 German speaking families on board. A Swiss-American family on last years WPBC, and a German family on one of our cruises out of New York City. One of the German guys was even Platinum (and no, it wasn't dizneeat's brother ). We have yet to cruise with German-speaking Disers, that would really be fun!

We did meet some German speaking DISers on our cruises. It was fun to hear some German. And we even met some Austrian crew members - Bettina, and Andreas, the hotel director! Going back to back to back helped a lot.
Last summer we met a German family on their second cruise and ran into each other ever so often during the one week on the Fantasy.
On our last cruise there were two Swiss families on their first cruise. Really sweet.

EDIT: Oh and by the way ... five readers? Who am I missing? Karin, mimmi, dolphingirl47, me and ...? Your sister probably?

Absolutely the same here! "What cruise line? Never heard of them. Seriously, Mickey Mouse? Okaaayyy ... I always knew you were weird".
And to think that Aida and MSC and several other cruise lines depart on Northern European itineraries right from my hometown ... I will get around to trying them eventually. But so far, we have never strayed from DCL
OMG ........ exactly we we got before we decided to no longer give all too much detail.
Wonder how we will feel getting off in European ports this summer.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: