Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

I'm here......thanks for the invite! Ready to read along!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #17
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Finally here!!!!

What a great start !!!! Well in you telling it anyway. The long lines at customs does not sound like any fun at all but all in all after all the way you made it through without any major catastrophes.

Welcome to Moe's!!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #18
Crewchik
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read your report
Upcoming
August 2014 - Disneyland 1/2
September 2014 - Panama Canal on Wonder
November 2014 - Wine & Dine 1/2
January 2015 - WDW Marathon

Crewchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #19
GoofyFan1515
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Sunning and thanks for the heads up!!!
Quote:
Okay went back and am all caught up!!!
Thanks a lot Rosie! You stole the bottom of the page and bumped me to page 2! Last time I saw you, you were really pale, so I'm glad you were Sunning when you joined in here...........

Nice start to the trip Magdalene. You did a great job with the packing. I really did make it through the details about booking your cruise, but I am soooo confused. I guess I need to spend some time looking at cruise details and maybe all the codes will make some sense. I'll work on that if I start thinking about a cruise. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to enjoying another Disney cruise through your eyes.

What an interesting flight you had. So glad you made it safely. And, Welcome to Moe's!
GoofyFan1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #20
nodnol
Mouseketeer

marking my spot, will have to read tonight!

nodnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #21
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Checking in. I am looking forward to your trip report.

Corinna
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
Can't wait!
The two of you are the early birds who managed to reply before I posted the first installment!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #22
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Count me in!
Great to have you along Karin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
First page! Thanks for the signal flare. I will be back to read and catch up!
great to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Signing on Magdalene!
Hi Glenn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
I'm in and I can't wait for more!!! Love the pictures! The more the better! I'm excited to read all about your trip!

There will be plenty of pictures! I came back with 2350 pictures. Sorting through them was quite a task!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 06-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #23
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
Yay! So excited to see another Panama Canal trip report! We are booked on next year's WBPC, and there just aren't enough reports out there. Looking forward to following along!

I know what you mean, I have been searching for Panama Canal trip reports before my cruise as well, especially a westbound one. Besides the one by Jegsnakkernorsk I did not really find one, so I think I read hers a few times! It seems that this years cruise has more trip reports going though, so you are in a better place than we were this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in. I've never vacationed for a whole month before. Can't wait to hear all about it.
I never had a vacation that long either since I started working (had a wonderful 6 week vacation after graduating from high school in 1992, but that does not really count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm here....going back to read!

Jill in CO
Great to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I am so in!

I saw on your TR that you are going to go on the Mexican Riveria cruise on the Wonder next year, so once I get to Cabo, that should be especially of interest for you! Might take me some time to get there, though...

Old 06-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #24
Flossbolna

Quote:
Sunning and thanks for the heads up!!!
Quote:
Okay went back and am all caught up!!!
Sunning????

That's a classical Rosie!! Great to have you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFan1515 View Post
Thanks a lot Rosie! You stole the bottom of the page and bumped me to page 2! Last time I saw you, you were really pale, so I'm glad you were Sunning when you joined in here...........

Nice start to the trip Magdalene. You did a great job with the packing. I really did make it through the details about booking your cruise, but I am soooo confused. I guess I need to spend some time looking at cruise details and maybe all the codes will make some sense. I'll work on that if I start thinking about a cruise. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to enjoying another Disney cruise through your eyes.

What an interesting flight you had. So glad you made it safely. And, Welcome to Moe's!
Happy to have you, even if Rosie had to take two spots in the beach chairs!!

I am sorry about all the cruise codes. I tried to not abreviate everything. I guess I should have been more specific! I will try to keep the audience that is not so familiar with the cruise line in mind for the rest of the trip report!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #25
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally here!!!!

What a great start !!!! Well in you telling it anyway. The long lines at customs does not sound like any fun at all but all in all after all the way you made it through without any major catastrophes.

Welcome to Moe's!!!!!
Great to have you here!

All in all it was an uneventful travel day. Standing in that line was a nuisance, but I knew that that was likely to happen. Also, Michael got into traffic on his way to the airport, so in the end it worked out well as he got there just before I got out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewchik View Post
Can't wait to read your report

I see that you are going to be on the Wonder in September when she travels in the other direction! While I would miss those three hours that you are going to lose during the cruise, I recently saw that your times in port are much nicer than ours as you arrive later than we did. Sounds like a great itinerary to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
marking my spot, will have to read tonight!
Katharina, I was getting worried that you had missed my email!! I hope you will enjoy the start of the TR!

I like your ticker!!!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #26
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Hi Magdalene! Signing up for your TR! Can't wait to read all about it! I'll have to wait until I'm home to see the pictures. I can't see them at work. So glad you enjoyed yourselves. Sounds like a lovely vacation.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

For the Panama Canal cruise, the date until which you can cancel without penalty was 120 days before sail date. I was watching the website constantly to see if any deals would come out. And the they finally posted an OGT rate – which was much higher than last years *GT rates! No IGT, nor VGT. We did not like the price at all… And were rather disappointed. However, I noticed something else: The lowest price for an inside stateroom had gone down and I realised that they had opened up the 11C category again. That had been sold out for a long time already and I also noticed that they would not let you choose a stateroom, your stateroom would be assigned by Disney in the category you booked or higher (called GTY, not to be confused with the *GT rates…). So, our thinking was that if you book 11C GTY, which is the lowest category anyway and only has a few staterooms, chances for a better stateroom are quite high! And if we moved our rebooked cruise to that, we would get the 10% rebooking discount as well as 200$ stateroom credit. With that the price started to look quite good. So that’s what we did.

Of course, 5 days later, Disney came out with an IGT rate that was slightly lower. Fortunately not by much! And the one thing that was good about our rate: If a Florida resident rate had come out for our cruise, we would have been able to switch over to that, would not have been possible with the IGT rate. Unfortunately, a Florida resident rate never came out!! But besides the 200$ stateroom credit from the onboard booking, we also got a very nice stateroom credit from our wonderful travel agent, so that helped as well!
To byl velmi zajímavý odstavec, vůbec jsem nerozuměla. Ale alespoň teď vím, na co jsou potřeba cestovní kanceláře....

Quote:

Yes, I should introduce my lovely sister Katharina (nodnol here on the DIS).

Quote:
Oh, and finally I should mention that Michael is not fond of his picture being posted publically, so you will only see me appearing in pictures. However, in order to keep the tradition of last year’s trip report, here is an “introductory“ picture of both of us:

Same feet AND same shoes?

Quote:

The flight to Paris was uneventful. We got a drink and a snack. And I started to read one of the many books that I had put on my kindle especially for this vacation.

No water

Quote:
Here is a picture of my food tray:

it gets worse, now your drinking alcohol
I gues you also didn't do the onboard calisthenics...
I would get scolded by my bis sister!

Quote:

I'm very hungry now!

It seems we will be on the ship soon - all the beach days in one installment?

Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Katharina, I was getting worried that you had missed my email!! I hope you will enjoy the start of the TR!

I like your ticker!!!
I didn't see your email on time, spent over half an hour yesterday evening in the queue at the ice cream parlour...

Isn't it a really nice ticker! I jsut whish I had one that doesn't end in 2015.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:18 PM   #29
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Magdalene (that’s me) and my boyfriend Michael. I live in Germany and Michael lives in Florida.
DVC owner AND Florida resident discounts. I see what you did there.

Quote:
Because I really really needed a proper vacation!!
That's a good enough reason for me!

Quote:
You might also find references to the cruise Katharina and I have planned for next year: 7 nights on the Disney Magic from Copenhagen to the Norwegian Fjords!
Sounds wonderful!

Quote:
Oh, and finally I should mention that Michael is not fond of his picture being posted publically
I bet it's because he's actually famous. Is it Michael Fassbender from the X-Men movies?

Quote:
Of course, stupid me starts with the really long, long, long book: Games of Thrones (the first volume). And hence I did not get to read any of the other books I brought for the trip… At least I did not add any volume and weight to my luggage thanks to the kindle. The good thing about this though was that I immediately really liked this book and therefore had great entertainment for the long flight!
I'm glad you liked the book! My wife started reading that series and thought the first one was the best...her interest waned after that.

Quote:
And there were all kind of fancy things displayed about our flight at the gate:

9.5 hours of flying time...

Quote:
Most of them are really nice and chat with you while the computer is doing the checking of the data. This one begged me to take him on the ship with me. Even when I said that my boyfriend would not appreciate that, he insisted that he would be of great use and go and fetch us breakfast in the mornings. It was really quite funny!

Did it work? Because I can fetch breakfast on future trips.

Quote:
After the brief stop to hand in my customs declaration, I made it into the arrival hall to meet Michael! It was wonderful to see him again!!

Quote:
Michael and I had already decided where we wanted to go before I arrived. Michael regularly has lunch at Moe’s: This is a restaurant that sells burritos. They have a special on Mondays for their burritos. Since Mondays at Moe’s are kind of a tradition for Michael, and I have heard so much about them, I really wanted to go to Moe’s. And my arrival day was on Monday. So Moe’s it was.
I just hope it's not followed by Tuesdays at Taco Bell.

Quote:
They wanted to give us a “wonderful room” which is their standard, but we had actually booked a “spectacular room”, however their system did not show that.
What's the difference between wonderful and spectacular? Most of the places I stay give me the "generic crappy" room.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #30
Steppesister
Mouseketeer

Yay! Another TR that I'll never ever be able to give full justice to. I'm here nonetheless- thanks for the invitation!
Steppesister is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: