Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Disney Fantasy Trip Report--Oct 4-11, 2014

My family of 5 recently sailed on the Disney Fantasy. This was our 4th cruise, but our first 7-night cruise.

I have tried doing a photo trip report before on this forum, and photo bucket doesn't quite agree with me...so this time I'm just posting a link to my blog that has my trip report.

Let me know if you have any questions!

http://savingforadream.blogspot.com/...t-part-10.html
Disney Fantasy 7-night Eastern October 2014
MissDaisyofTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Just read your blog. It was a great report and fun to read. We just finished our first sailing on the Dream that same week (well for 4 nights of it). We booked the bounceback and now that it is 24 months we are hoping to do the Fantasy that same week for 2016, which is our fall break. It was fun reading your report knowing we may be on that cruise (with the new Tortola stop).
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Just read your blog. It was a great report and fun to read. We just finished our first sailing on the Dream that same week (well for 4 nights of it). We booked the bounceback and now that it is 24 months we are hoping to do the Fantasy that same week for 2016, which is our fall break. It was fun reading your report knowing we may be on that cruise (with the new Tortola stop).
Thanks for reading!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed reading your blog .. Thanks for sharing!

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
lffam
Mouseketeer

I just read your blog and really enjoyed it. thanks for sharing so much details, the good and the less that good! It's a great philosophy you have that things don't have to be perfect to be a great holiday.

I have only just started looking at Disney Cruises and yours was one of the first trip report I have read so I found it really informative right from the logistics of getting on board, to there being a formal night for dinner (huh did not know or expect that!) to the private tours when at port.

We are considering two cruises next year. One 7 night on the Fantasy - the same itinerary that your family did, as well as a 4 night cruise on the Magic. Why 2 you ask (or some might just say why not!), well DS(11) is a massive fan of Marvel Avengers and as such has done nothing but talk about Avengers Assemble Academy. When we found out there were only 4 or 5 night cruise on the Magic for the time of year we want (Dec 2015) we had to tell him that we were better off doing a longer cruise on the Fantasy. Though disappointed he took it in his stride and has been helping with the planning. We then thought we might be able to do a second cruise. We are planning to be cruising over Christmas day so now we are just trying to decide which ship would be better to be on for the Christmas cruise. being on Magic over christmas is more economical as we can then do the Fantasy Cruise earlier in Dec when it is less $$ rathe than the much higher christmas prices. While budget is important its not the sole decider.

Your blog has certainly given me some food for thought, so thanks again for sharing.

Wilderness Lodge Pictures of this fantastic Disney Resort

Trip Report - very late but In progress

LF Fam - just initials of the Family!
lffam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lffam View Post
I just read your blog and really enjoyed it. thanks for sharing so much details, the good and the less that good! It's a great philosophy you have that things don't have to be perfect to be a great holiday.

I have only just started looking at Disney Cruises and yours was one of the first trip report I have read so I found it really informative right from the logistics of getting on board, to there being a formal night for dinner (huh did not know or expect that!) to the private tours when at port.

We are considering two cruises next year. One 7 night on the Fantasy - the same itinerary that your family did, as well as a 4 night cruise on the Magic. Why 2 you ask (or some might just say why not!), well DS(11) is a massive fan of Marvel Avengers and as such has done nothing but talk about Avengers Assemble Academy. When we found out there were only 4 or 5 night cruise on the Magic for the time of year we want (Dec 2015) we had to tell him that we were better off doing a longer cruise on the Fantasy. Though disappointed he took it in his stride and has been helping with the planning. We then thought we might be able to do a second cruise. We are planning to be cruising over Christmas day so now we are just trying to decide which ship would be better to be on for the Christmas cruise. being on Magic over christmas is more economical as we can then do the Fantasy Cruise earlier in Dec when it is less $$ rathe than the much higher christmas prices. While budget is important its not the sole decider.

Your blog has certainly given me some food for thought, so thanks again for sharing.
How exciting! I think you will love both ships!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Kholtdis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing, really helpful info!
Kholtdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
Love2Cruz
Mouseketeer

Really enjoyed reading your blogs...lots of good pointers!
DCL Dream - Sept 2015-Bahamas
Love2Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: