Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #1
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

Question Thinking of upgrading to Deluxe for a suprise for DH, help me choose.

DH and I are heading to the world, in December. So here's a bit of the back story, for 5 nights. We had other vacation plans already for this year, but I kept mentioning that I would love to go back during December, He was well I would too... but we have already made plans for these other getaways. So he suggested that if I could pay for it we could go. I opened a eBay business over a year ago have been doing pretty good at it. DH calls it my mouse money, as I have already paid for a couple of girls only trips to see Mickey.

I want to surprise him, as he is such a wonderful husband, he works so hard, he is my Best friend, partner, we always have each others back. He has always taken good care of us, and puts me 1st always as I do him. I just want to do something that surprise's him.

Right now we are staying at POFQ which we consider our home resort, we just love it. But we were talking yesterday, about our upcoming trip, and he said maybe in the next year or so maybe we can stay at a deluxe, like we did on our honeymoon, ( we stayed at the poly) he then went on to say we need to stay at all the deluxe resorts so we can properly pick our favorite.

Sooo this got my wheels spinning, I think that I can make it happen. I was thinking about AK or WL, I really would love to stay at the Yacht and Beach club but I really think this would put it out of my reach.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
Redmic
Can't fold fitted sheets

I have stayed at AKL, WL, BC, and YC. For December I would pick AKL or WL. Both are cozy lodges, with fire places and great ambiance. I like BC and YC, but a big attraction is stormalong bay, and December is too chilly for swimming a lot of the time.
Redmic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

I like the AKL very much, but during December, I'd choose WL. It's beautifully decorated and an easy boat ride to the MK. I also like the YC for it's atmosphere and location. Maybe you can save more Mouse Money for another trip there in the future
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; SSR & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2015:
SusieBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesTimone View Post
DH and I are heading to the world, in December. So here's a bit of the back story, for 5 nights. We had other vacation plans already for this year, but I kept mentioning that I would love to go back during December, He was well I would too... but we have already made plans for these other getaways. So he suggested that if I could pay for it we could go. I opened a eBay business over a year ago have been doing pretty good at it. DH calls it my mouse money, as I have already paid for a couple of girls only trips to see Mickey.

I want to surprise him, as he is such a wonderful husband, he works so hard, he is my Best friend, partner, we always have each others back. He has always taken good care of us, and puts me 1st always as I do him. I just want to do something that surprise's him.

Right now we are staying at POFQ which we consider our home resort, we just love it. But we were talking yesterday, about our upcoming trip, and he said maybe in the next year or so maybe we can stay at a deluxe, like we did on our honeymoon, ( we stayed at the poly) he then went on to say we need to stay at all the deluxe resorts so we can properly pick our favorite.

Sooo this got my wheels spinning, I think that I can make it happen. I was thinking about AK or WL, I really would love to stay at the Yacht and Beach club but I really think this would put it out of my reach.
I agree with the pp's on WL. We've stayed at the BC (as well as WL and AKL) and while the BC is a nice resort, nothing beats the WL during the holidays, IMO. The lobby is breathtaking any time of year, but especially so during Christmas time and the huge fireplace surrounded by rocking chairs is very inviting for taking some time to relax and take in the beautiful surroundings. With that said, AKL is also a great resort, so you really can't go wrong with either one.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Tigger's ally
Segway test dummy

I say split the trip!

Assuming you are going to the parks I am

Stay 2 nights @ AKL- hit Animal Kingdon and the Studios from this hotel as it will be short Bus Rides. Watch the animals!

Stay 3 nights @ WL- Boat or bus to MK, Boat to CR to get onto the monorail to head to Epcot.

Splitting trips has enabled us to stay at a bunch of resorts!
Tigger's ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Gary M
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at WL and AKL. I would pick the WL for a Dec. trip. You might check for discounts for the trip. http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-resorts.htm

The room discounts should be coming out before long. You could see if your dates are eligible for discounts or free dining.
Gary M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
disneyag
DIS Veteran

Our 2 favorites are AKL and Poly, but in December, the WL is spectacular, so I would pick WL for my Christmastime trip.

June 2014 AKL June 2013 Poly
June 2011 Poly CL June 2010 Poly
June 2009 AKL CL Dec 2007 WL CL
Oct 2006 Poly June 2006 CR
June 2005 AKL Oct 2004 WL
June 2004 AKL June 2002 Poly
Sept. 2001 Poly CL June 1999 Poly
1997 BC
1992 BC
1974 Poly
disneyag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #8
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
while the BC is a nice resort, nothing beats the WL during the holidays, IMO. The lobby is breathtaking any time of year, but especially so during Christmas time and the huge fireplace surrounded by rocking chairs is very inviting for taking some time to relax and take in the beautiful surroundings. With that said, AKL is also a great resort, so you really can't go wrong with either one.
Absolutely Agree with this!!!

WL is a great choice - especially in December!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: