Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

Can anyone answer some questions on Kidani Villas?

Hi,

We will be staying at AK Kidani Villas in Aug. I've stayed at AKL before the DVC villas were built and am curious about some of the logistics with Kidani and getting around...

-I understand Kidani has it's own main house for check in and such is that true?

-When we take ME to AKV do we get off at main lodge entrance or is there another stop for Kidani? And if we have to get off at AKL entrance do we check in there or have to go to Kidani to check in?

-How do the buses work? Is there a separate stop for Kidani or does everyone have to go to main bus stop by lodge entrance? If so , how far from Kidani is that?

-How far from Kidani is it to get to main lodge for dining at Boma and such.

-We are staying in a deluxe studio Savannah view...is there a particular room section I should request to better see animals or get to transportation? I understand it is good to have a room near the feeding stations if you want to see lots of animals.

Thanks for your help.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #2
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendybird55 View Post
Hi,

We will be staying at AK Kidani Villas in Aug. I've stayed at AKL before the DVC villas were built and am curious about some of the logistics with Kidani and getting around...

-I understand Kidani has it's own main house for check in and such is that true?

-When we take ME to AKV do we get off at main lodge entrance or is there another stop for Kidani? And if we have to get off at AKL entrance do we check in there or have to go to Kidani to check in?

-How do the buses work? Is there a separate stop for Kidani or does everyone have to go to main bus stop by lodge entrance? If so , how far from Kidani is that?

-We are staying in a deluxe studio Savannah view...is there a particular room section I should request to better see animals or get to transportation? I understand it is good to have a room near the feeding stations if you want to see lots of animals.

Thanks for your help.
1&2 yes own main entrance and you check in there too
3 there is a separate stop, same bus, stops at one first and then the other
4 there is a shuttle van between the two, but really its a 5 min walk between the two
5 look for a map, sorry don't have one, but the animals move all over
hope this helps and have a great time
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #3
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendybird55 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your help.
Ive stayed at Kidani 3 times, love that resort. Only thing I don't love is that it is farther away from most of the parks. Staying at the BC this time and kinda sad we aren't staying at Kidani, its such a beautiful relaxing resort.

- Kidani has its own lobby
-Kidani has its own ME bus stop
- Kidani does share buses with Jambo house, but the buses usually stop at Kidani 1st, only exception was Downtown Disney Bus. (this was how it was all 3 times I stayed there, though the last time was over a year ago so this could have possibly changed).

-If you want to get from Kidani to Jambo hop on any park bus but ask to make sure its next stop will be Jambo. Its about a 10 minute walk if you decide to walk.

- Request a room "closer to the lobby facing Sunset Savannah". It is a VERY long walk around the horseshoe shaped building if you get a room way on the other side. We always got lucky with animal viewing, zebras, cattle and giraffes were always grazing right outside of our room, esp. at night.
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!

jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #4
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Our room wasn't too far from the Kidani lobby/gift shop/front desk and was also pretty close to the Kidani bus stops which I liked. It was a little bit further away from the pool but still not a far walk. We walked once to Jambo house to check it out and it was a 5-10 minute walk. We walked as far through the Kidani building on the walk as we could to stay in the A/C since it was hot that day.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
DisGirl819
Then I thought about it and realized I'm crazy!!

I understand Kidani has it's own main house for check in and such is that true? Yes, they have their own lobby.

-When we take ME to AKV do we get off at main lodge entrance or is there another stop for Kidani? And if we have to get off at AKL entrance do we check in there or have to go to Kidani to check in? Get off at Kidani, its a separate stop. Go to Kidani to check in.

-How do the buses work? Is there a separate stop for Kidani or does everyone have to go to main bus stop by lodge entrance? If so , how far from Kidani is that? Kidani has its own stop.

-How far from Kidani is it to get to main lodge for dining at Boma and such. This really depends on where your room is located. We got a room at Kidani just about as far from the lobby as you could get but it was just about as close to Jambo as you could get, so the walk to Jambo was actually closer for us than to get to the Kidani pool and lobby. It is (no joke) about a half a mile from the end of one hallway to the lobby and about a half a mile from lobby to lobby.

-We are staying in a deluxe studio Savannah view...is there a particular room section I should request to better see animals or get to transportation? I understand it is good to have a room near the feeding stations if you want to see lots of animals. Request close to lobby and higher floor. I requested close to lobby and got the room furthest away...so requests are not always granted.

DLR: 2010, 2009, 2008...back to first trip 1990
WDW: 1985, 1996, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
CSR, CBR, AKV-K, BCV, BC-CL, POFQ, WL, CR

DisGirl819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
Wendybird55
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info...looking forward to staying at AKV...my first trip to AKL (which was the year or year after it opened) I remember it felt like the most restful and remote of all Disney deluxe resorts..not as busy with other guests which was nice. DH is looking forward to seeing animals from out room.

We are only staying 2 nights at AKV and then 5 at BWV. We just love the BW area...I think the 3 resorts there are the most conveniently located resorts in all WDW. You can walk got EPCOT & DHS or take a boat which is a nice change from buses especially of you have a stroller. You have many dining options within walking distance plus some nice shopping. However, it's always nice to change things up and do something different.
Wendybird55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: