Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
brady22
Earning My Ears

Before I start the next day of the cruise, I want to post a few of Pirate night that I forgot to already.

Goodies on our bed that night.

The deck party. Look at all of the bandanas! These are the ones that they give you onboard in your stateroom.

POP Century 8/2012
WDW & Disney Fantasy Cruise 9/2013
Disney Fantasy Cruise 5/2014

brady22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #17
brady22
Earning My Ears

Cruise Day 5 - St. Thomas

Ahhhh.... my favorite day of the cruise. Can we just move to St. Thomas???

We had booked the Magen's Bay beach break through Disney. It was a first for us, so we wanted to do it as an excursion the first time we went. We met in the D-Lounge at 9:15. It seemed like forever, but finally everyone arrived and we headed out to the shuttles.

Our taxi/shuttle.

We got in the back seat of our taxi and had a crazy “wild” ride up the mountain to the lookout. Beautiful! We had time only for a few pictures before our driver took us on our way to the beach.

We got to the beach and found our spot. It was beautiful!!! I could have stayed here forever. We hung out on the beach, with the crystal clear water, blue sky, warm sun. This was amazing. We had brought our own snacks and water toys again, which was nice. There is a little shop and food stand in case you forgot anything, though.

DH and I snorkeled and saw sea turtles. We had brought along our own snorkel gear. Not many people were snorkeling, so it was nice. One of the turtles even followed after me!

We had our snacks, ordered a pizza and had birds “attack” it. What a good day. We had beach time until our meeting time of 2:00. Then it was time to head back to the ship. There was a lot of construction but we finally made it back. We got cleaned up and hung out in the room for a bit, watching people rush to the ship as it was getting ready to pull away! It was funny watching one man in particular running to the ship in his swimtrunks. I think he may have been coming from Senor Frogs...
POP Century 8/2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #18
brady22
Earning My Ears

Cruise Day 5 - St. Thomas PART 2

It was Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique night for the kids. DD was able to finally have her Anna coronation dress! She was so excited! The makeovers began at the same time, but DS was obviously done sooner, as his “knight makeover” was a lot quicker. He was very entertaining, slaying all of the dragons on the ship, but we wanted DD to have special time and so grandma and he left to wander around. He ran into Pluto and slayed him or something, but that is another story…

LOVE this picture! I didn't know if we would be able to convince DS to do the knight makeover again this year, but he agreed. He just loves the attention of the Mickey confetti in his hair!

Sprinkling on the "bravery dust."

We were able to score the Anna coronation dress for the makeover. We had to buy the complete package thing though. It did come with a Minnie Mouse bag, makeup, nail polish, hair style, shoes and dress. Oh yeah, and an Anna crown. Well worth it!!

DS after he "slayed" Pluto.

We had some pictures taken of the new royalty and went to dinner. We were again at Enchanted Garden.

DD fell asleep during dinner.
DH carried DD back to the room after dinner and she continued to sleep. DH, DS and I decided to have some special time and grandma stayed in the room with DD. We decided to do a detective agency game and ran into a character chase on the ship! Captain Hook and Mr. Smee were chasing Peter Pan! The bad guys ran away, but DS got to have a nice talk with Peter Pan!

By the time we got back to the room, DD was waking up and decided to finish her dinner. We ordered Mickey Bars again and watched the lights outside from the verandah. I am still not sure what we were passing by, but it sure was pretty!

POP Century 8/2012

Old 07-06-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up on your TR - what fun! Your kids are so adorable! Loved the kids' makeovers at BBB - would be fun to do as an adult too

St. Thomas looks so pretty - esp from the mountain top. I'd love to convince my whole family to take a Disney cruise but not sure they would like the crowded beaches. We tend to like more quiet beach settings. Do the islands you visit have more private beaches you can visit? I know some cruise ships have their own private islands (like Castaway Cay) but not sure if the beaches are pretty crowded (family and/or adult beaches).

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #20
brady22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Just got caught up on your TR - what fun! Your kids are so adorable! Loved the kids' makeovers at BBB - would be fun to do as an adult too St. Thomas looks so pretty - esp from the mountain top. I'd love to convince my whole family to take a Disney cruise but not sure they would like the crowded beaches. We tend to like more quiet beach settings. Do the islands you visit have more private beaches you can visit? I know some cruise ships have their own private islands (like Castaway Cay) but not sure if the beaches are pretty crowded (family and/or adult beaches).
Thanks!!! We had a blast. We went on the Fantasy Eastern in September as well and the beaches were much less crowded. We have also gone in February on a Bahamas cruise and the beaches were fairly empty. I don't do well with large crowds and with that being said, I thought the crowds honestly this time were manageable. There are excursions to St. John when you are at the St. Thomas port, which are more secluded, too.
POP Century 8/2012

Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 AM   #21
aokeefe
Earning My Ears

I'm enjoying your TR- looking forward to reading the rest. Our Fantasy cruise is in April- can't wait!
aokeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #22
rosaciri
Earning My Ears

Luved reading your eastern carribean report. We got back in May (we are from Australia) from doing the western carribean cruise on the fantasy and we luved it. We are now waiting to book in early 2016 the eastern carribean cruise as soon as dates are released.

Great report, great pics and great tips. We are looking forward to going back on the fantasy for our second DCL cruise. I just need to hunt around for our pirate costumes (we didn't bring any on this years cruise as we didn't realize there was a pirate theme night) in due course. Rosa
rosaciri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #23
Driving2DIS
Earning My Ears

Huston Family May 2014 TR

Thank you for your TR! Awesome pictures!! Makes me so excited for ours.
We are going in December 2014. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise (first one was a 5 day Bahamian in March/April 2013) and I'm trying to figure out a few things for our upcoming cruise.

First, the excursions. The Dis ones are so expensive! But I'm willing to shell out if it's worth it. Our itinerary looks a bit different than yours, though (we have San Juan, PR instead of St. Maarten). Are you glad you did the St. Thomas excursion? I love the idea of a low key beach day. We are thinking of a Champagne boat excursion (have 6 & 8 year old, too) only because it includes a beach day.

Secondly, on our 1st cruise we only made it to one show so we are determined to watch them all this time. Apart from pirate night (when there is a stage show and fireworks) was there a show every night? If not, which night wasn't there one?

The dining is confusing me on the 7 night cruise compared to our 1st. We didn't have a "formal" night on the 5 day. For your formal night was there anything "special" that happened (apart from the attire) that didn't happen on other rotational dining nights? Trying to figure out if Remy or Palo would make sense that night or if we would be missing out on something special. Also, for our 1st cruise it was rotation dining of course, but the only cruise-wide, mass-produced (ie same food every restaurant) menu was on pirate night. On the 7 night it seems that there are 3 or 4 of those. Is this something you remember specifically? If so, which nights?

Lastly - the fireworks night. I remember having to fight for space on our 1st cruise and all 4 of us squeezed into a tight spot. We will have a verandah like you did (ours is cabin 8684). You mentioned watching fireworks there. Was the view ok? I love the idea of having our own space for them (and why is it a no-no?)! Also the buffet (specifically with the turkey legs - my DH fave!!) when exactly is that served?

Sorry to bombard you with questions!! Just trying to plan this all out for a magical trip!
Driving2DIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:44 PM   #24
Ndsmorrison
Earning My Ears

Hi!!

Hey!! I've enjoyed your TR!!! We went on Fantasy last November and we LOVED it!!! We are going on the Magic this November!! I'm hoping Magic is just as fantastic as the Fantasy!! My DD did BBB and I am thinking about having her do it again this year and also doing the BBB Pirate for her this time. Only catch she has NO idea we are going this year so I can't ask her if she wants to do BBB again, but I'm pretty sure she will want to!! I love all the pics!! Love the tips too!! Something I didn't think of! Like the floaties!!
Here is my DD at BBB!!!

Here is the final results....btw they are so wonderful there!!

Upcoming Cruise's: November 30, 2014: 7 nights on Disney Magic - Western Caribbean Here is our PTR for our upcoming cruise!!!
Cruise to date:
June 22, 2008: 7 nights on RCCL'S Freedom of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean; November 20, 2009: 3 nights on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas - Bahama's; August 13, 2011: 7 nights on RCCL's Oasis of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean.November 30, 2013: 7 nights on Disney Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean.
Trips to WDW:
1980's?, Summer of 1993 and 1995??

Ndsmorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
dryvithome
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the TR! Just caught up on it and am excited about an upcoming Eastern Caribbean trip! Helps us to try to figure out what we'd like to do. Looks like you all have had an enjoyable time so far!
dryvithome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #26
brady22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving2DIS View Post
Thank you for your TR! Awesome pictures!! Makes me so excited for ours.
We are going in December 2014. This will be our 2nd Disney cruise (first one was a 5 day Bahamian in March/April 2013) and I'm trying to figure out a few things for our upcoming cruise.

First, the excursions. The Dis ones are so expensive! But I'm willing to shell out if it's worth it. Our itinerary looks a bit different than yours, though (we have San Juan, PR instead of St. Maarten). Are you glad you did the St. Thomas excursion? I love the idea of a low key beach day. We are thinking of a Champagne boat excursion (have 6 & 8 year old, too) only because it includes a beach day.

Secondly, on our 1st cruise we only made it to one show so we are determined to watch them all this time. Apart from pirate night (when there is a stage show and fireworks) was there a show every night? If not, which night wasn't there one?

The dining is confusing me on the 7 night cruise compared to our 1st. We didn't have a "formal" night on the 5 day. For your formal night was there anything "special" that happened (apart from the attire) that didn't happen on other rotational dining nights? Trying to figure out if Remy or Palo would make sense that night or if we would be missing out on something special. Also, for our 1st cruise it was rotation dining of course, but the only cruise-wide, mass-produced (ie same food every restaurant) menu was on pirate night. On the 7 night it seems that there are 3 or 4 of those. Is this something you remember specifically? If so, which nights?

Lastly - the fireworks night. I remember having to fight for space on our 1st cruise and all 4 of us squeezed into a tight spot. We will have a verandah like you did (ours is cabin 8684). You mentioned watching fireworks there. Was the view ok? I love the idea of having our own space for them (and why is it a no-no?)! Also the buffet (specifically with the turkey legs - my DH fave!!) when exactly is that served?

Sorry to bombard you with questions!! Just trying to plan this all out for a magical trip!
Sorry about the delay, my twins started kindergarten so it has been crazy at home! I sent you a PM with some answers! Let me know if you have any other questions!!
POP Century 8/2012

Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #27
brady22
Earning My Ears

Day 6 - Day at Sea

So very sorry about the delay in finishing the report! Busy end of summer, and the kiddos started kindergarten so things have been hectic to say the least!

The last full day at sea we slept in a bit and went for breakfast at Enchanted Garden. DD wanted to wear her Anna dress, as she didn’t get to enjoy it much the night before. There weren’t many activities planned for that day, and we wanted to limit the sun due to DS’s burnt face, DH’s shoulders, and my entire body, so it was tough to find something to do.

We decided to meet Tinkerbell, then DD and I waited in line for princess Minnie, while the others hung out on the deck for a bit. DH left as we were getting close to the front of the line and went for the Disney Vacation Club presentation.

I met DH there, while DGM took the kids back to the room. The three of them ended up going up to the pool. We met up after the presentation, had some lunch and ice cream with sprinkles. Then we swam and rode the Aqua Duck. Kids were a bit whiny so we went back to the room to rest. The kids fell asleep while I packed up. DH and DGM decided to try out bingo!

Dinner was at Royal Court again that night, so we enjoyed our porthole view. DD tried “surf and turf” for dinner, and liked it!!

Our stateroom host had fun with the kids' toys. Our kids obviously don't travel light when it comes to their toys!!

DD on the upper pull down perth.

We went up for another night of “night swimming.” The girls convinced grandma to try the AquaDuck, while the boys were in the Arr-cade. After the boys were done, they joined the girls for swimming, including getting grandma on the AquaDuck again!

Look at the empty line... love night swimming! We rode the AquaDuck over and over again!!

So, the camera on the AquaDuck does work! Facial recognition detected DH's photos, but not mine for some reason. You are able to search through tiny thumbnail photos to find yours and have them added to your account if you so wish... we did! LOL!

Muppets Most Wanted was playing in the theater, so we went back to the room, changed into our PJs and headed to the theater. DH bought some popcorn and we snacked on the treats we had brought from home. It was LATE showing of the movie, so DD and I ended up leaving early and heading back to the room. We had an early day tomorrow at Castaway Cay!

The ship is so cool at night. Everyone is sleeping and it is kind of deserted. If you have the energy to stay up, I highly recommend wandering around at night at least once! You can go in your PJs if you want.

POP Century 8/2012

Old 08-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
gfly
Mouseketeer

Cool

excellent job
Old 08-31-2014, 12:59 PM   #29
brady22
Earning My Ears

Day 7 - Castaway Cay

I love Castaway Cay and really hate that it is the last day of the cruise. We like to make the most of this day, so we start early. DH and I headed up in the morning to grab breakfast for everyone to eat in our room. We watched from the verandah while we pulled in to dock. We choose a starboard side room, as it has a great view of the island.

View from our verandah.

It usually is fairly chaotic getting off the ship, as I think everyone wants to make the most of the day. We headed off the ship and ran into Olaf at the post office. There was a line for the photo-op, but it was worth it.

Then it was Captain Jack Sparrow! We hadn't met him on the ship this time, so we waited in the line on the island. He is an amazing character greet, not to be missed! DH and the kids posed for pictures with him.

We had strollers for the kids, so we didn’t have to wait for the shuttle. I highly recommend strollers, especially in the hot sun, when kids get easily exhausted! We found a spot on the beach and set up our stuff. Then it was time to swim!!

Love that clear, blue water!

Fun on the shore. Thank goodness we received a visor in the FE, as it was perfect to shade DS's sunburned cheeks!

Waterproof cameras are also a must!

DH and I decided to snorkel while grandma and the kids hung out on the beach. It was amazing! We brought along our own snorkel gear, so only had to grab a lifejacket that is required to snorkel on the beach. We even found the Hidden Mickey! There was also a barracuda near shore that we all got to see.

We had some lunch then, and went back into the water.

Soon, though, it was time to head out for our Stingray Adventure. To be continued...

POP Century 8/2012

Old 08-31-2014, 01:37 PM   #30
brady22
Earning My Ears

Day 7 - Castaway Cay (Part 2)

So after lunch, we did some window shopping, and of course the kids found something that they wanted.
We had decided to do the Stingray Adventure, a first for all of us. We chose a later time, at the end of our beach day. We had a great time at the Stingray Adventure. We fed the stingrays and learned how to walk the “stingray shuffle.” We were able to snorkel (DH and I) and hang out with the stingrays in the lagoon for a bit.

Feeding the stingrays!

There is an area to snorkel with the stingrays after you feed them. You are able to stay as long as you want, until the next group comes in.

Great place for a photo-op as well!

DH then took the kids back into the water while I and DGM did some shopping. We met them for a bit more on the beach before it was time to head back to the ship.

Goodbye Castaway Cay!

Dinner that night was back at our favorite, Animator’s Palate. It was the animation show, where we were all able to draw a person and watch as it came to life on the screen! It is so much fun.

It was sad to say goodbye to our wonderful servers. We had really liked them!

We had to go back to the room to set out our luggage for it to be delivered to the airport the following day. We love using the DCL transportation, because the next time you see your luggage, it is when you claim it at your home airport. It is a pain, though, because everything has to be packed away and you don't see it again until you get home! I thought I had what we needed all set out, but DH ended up packing away the kids’ underwear! Luckily, we realized it before the luggage had been taken away completely and we were able to rescue the underwear!

One last towel animal.

One last sunset from our verandah.

One last room service Mickey Bars. I'll take 5 please!

It was off to bed because we had an early morning ahead of us.

POP Century 8/2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: