Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

7 day Fantasy or 5 day Magic?

We are booked for a PC cruise on the Wonder and then a 7 day Caribbean a few months later on the Fantasy. I've heard how many love the Wonder/Magic, and others love the Fantasy but talk about it feeling crowded....

...so now I'm wondering if I should switch the 7 day to a 5 day on the Magic. But it's only 5 days! I'm leaning towards keeping the Fantasy, but just wondering if there is some compelling reason I should move it? We will be going at the end of November on the Fantasy, and I have a 4E on hold. We would mostly be going for the ship and not as much for the ports, if that helps.

I think I'm mostly looking for reassurance that it won't be horribly crowded, etc.
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
pillow
DIS Veteran

I would stick with your Fantasy booking . . . the more days the better imo. And the Fantasy is a beautiful ship! We loved it.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Been on both Fantasy is the better ship, there are two more days more shows more dinner, Remy as well, there is Aquaduck and the show Aladin.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Over 15 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
missyp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
We are booked for a PC cruise on the Wonder and then a 7 day Caribbean a few months later on the Fantasy. I've heard how many love the Wonder/Magic, and others love the Fantasy but talk about it feeling crowded....

...so now I'm wondering if I should switch the 7 day to a 5 day on the Magic. But it's only 5 days! I'm leaning towards keeping the Fantasy, but just wondering if there is some compelling reason I should move it? We will be going at the end of November on the Fantasy, and I have a 4E on hold. We would mostly be going for the ship and not as much for the ports, if that helps.

I think I'm mostly looking for reassurance that it won't be horribly crowded, etc.
While I am an enormous fan of the Wonder and feel the smaller ship is a nicer experience, you will experience the smaller ship on your PC cruise. I also believe more days is definitely better, and outweighs everything. I would go for the Fantasy

DCL Wonder- 04/14
DCL Dream- 02/13
missyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Some people prefer the Fantasy. Some prefer the classic ships. It's good to have experience with both, then you can decide which you prefer.

Just because we love Disneyland, that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy Disney World too.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
CRBADGER
Earning My Ears

We never felt crowded on the fantasy.
CRBADGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #7
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Some people prefer the Fantasy. Some prefer the classic ships. It's good to have experience with both, then you can decide which you prefer.

Just because we love Disneyland, that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy Disney World too.
This is a good point re: Disneyland. If I hadn't experienced both, I would have never found out that I personally enjoy DL more than WDW.

Thanks all! I was having a moment of crisis :D
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

you will get the best of both worlds by sailing on the Wonder for the PC and then hopping on the Fantasy later in the year. I think you will be pleasantly amazed by the size of the Fantasy. The only tims that you may realize more people is at the port during boarding, muster, sea days at the pools, and in lines for character meet and greets. But, DCL is well prepared to move folks quickly. I think in the end you will be very happy you stuck with the Fantasy. Be sure and book while on board to get your discounts for future cruises on the Magic or Dream.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #9
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

We've been on both (actually all 4) and we would stick with the 7-night Fantasy. That's based purely on the desire to cruise longer, not any perceived difference in the quality of the two ships.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #10
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

The longer the better.. I vote for the Fantasy.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #11
danzma
Earning My Ears

Fantasy

To us the Fantasy blows the Magic out of the water especially the adult areas. Going back to the Magic after the Fantasy was a let down.
danzma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #12
Woodmnky
DIS Veteran

I would stick with Fantasy. It is longer (which is always better) and you will already have had the experience on a classic ship. I never really felt crowded on Fantasy with the exception of Pirate night, but even there we were able to find space where we could see and yet have a bit of space around us.
Woodmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #13
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzma View Post
To us the Fantasy blows the Magic out of the water especially the adult areas. Going back to the Magic after the Fantasy was a let down.
Thank you for this information . We were in the same 'boat' of choosing 5 night Magic (we haven't done) or 7 night Fantasy (did that last year). I chose the Fantasy for the length. Since it will just be DH and I, the adult areas are key.

ºoº Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! ºoº

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: