Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #46
dhorner233
Disneyophile

I'm convinced the only way to get a reservation for dinner it to book at 180 plus 10, which means you have to have a resort room booked for 10 days and have booked it 190 days out. Even at 180 +7 everything was gone for the whole 7 days except for one 4:55 reservation. It doesn't open until 5:00 but, I guess they want to get you in and out as fast as possible. Be in your seat at 5:00!

I did not get the day I wanted. I got Thursday and I wanted Tuesday but, that's not a big deal but I might stalk out the Tuesday for the fun of it

And that bad weather plan is always a good idea! When Le Cellier was so hard to get, we walked right in on a rainy day

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #47
neme9xu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latmlnsn View Post
Certainly join the cancelation thread for the month of your stay, November also has a Facebook group that has proved invaluable to me for reservation help! We have a swapping post and a ISO post so people look out for each other. You might try that too! I have a BOG reservation but I'm hoping to swap it for an earlier time for dinner, OR we might try a fast pass for lunch.
We are going in November too, when will you be there . I'd love to join the FB for cancellations as we have a few ressies we may want to try and move around and it looks like the week we are there is very popular .

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DVC Owner at SSR since 2011
BCV - September 2011
BWV - November 2012
BLT - May 2013
BLT - September 2013
GF - July 2014
SSR/GFV - November 2014 (W&D Half)
neme9xu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2014, 08:47 PM   #48
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaRebeca View Post
Thanks, I'll definitely call to see if it can happen but I will definitely make sure the reservation doesn't get cancelled. I hope that's not so rude to leave our friend out in the cold if I can't get the reservation bumped up to 3, I'm just looking forward to my first visit to BoG and reservations are super hard to come by! I'll do my best to see if they could accommodate us though.
If they can't accommodate you, keep trying up until your trip, even the morning of your reservation. You could also ask at the restaurant when you check in if it's possible. It's worth asking

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #49
abbydancer
Mouseketeer

I called at 4:00 am Pacific for our 180 + 10, and couldn't get the days we wanted (and we're staying 9 days). We were able to get a late reservation for 5 on the day we'll be at Epcot, so we'll be park hopping that day. Anyone know how much time to allow? Our ressie is at 9.

At least waking up that early scored me Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast on the day we wanted it, and Le Cellier as well.
abbydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:09 AM   #50
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydancer View Post
I called at 4:00 am Pacific for our 180 + 10, and couldn't get the days we wanted (and we're staying 9 days). We were able to get a late reservation for 5 on the day we'll be at Epcot, so we'll be park hopping that day. Anyone know how much time to allow? Our ressie is at 9.

At least waking up that early scored me Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast on the day we wanted it, and Le Cellier as well.
I would head out of EPCOT by 7pm. You have two options. You can walk to the front of the park and catch the monorail to TTC and then change to the MK line. Or if you will be in World Showcase, exit via the International Gateway, walk to the Beach or Yacht Club or Boardwalk and catch the bus to MK.

You want to be at MK no later than 8pm. Main St will be a little congested as it's more than likely the Main St Electrical Parade will be happening. It may also block you in for a short time, depending on where it's passing as you're arriving.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 06-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #51
abbydancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
I would head out of EPCOT by 7pm. You have two options. You can walk to the front of the park and catch the monorail to TTC and then change to the MK line. Or if you will be in World Showcase, exit via the International Gateway, walk to the Beach or Yacht Club or Boardwalk and catch the bus to MK.

You want to be at MK no later than 8pm. Main St will be a little congested as it's more than likely the Main St Electrical Parade will be happening. It may also block you in for a short time, depending on where it's passing as you're arriving.
Wow. We really need two hours. Oh, forgot to mention, we'll have a car. Does that change it?

Thanks so much!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #52
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:

Quote:
Wow. We really need two hours. Oh, forgot to mention, we'll have a car. Does that change it?

Thanks so much!
Wow! There was only one day and 30 min. ahead of you and you couldn't get what you want! I guess you could book a 10 day trip, get your 180 + 10 then change your reservation to how many days you really want! You got 9:00 for dinner. I got 4:55 for dinner. There were 3 days of people ahead of me as I am only staying 7 days. That was The Only Spot left.

And yes, 2 hours to get to Be Our Guest is not an exaggeration. Even with a car you have to get to your car, which can be quite a walk if you are in World Showcase, then drive to the MK parking lot, get the tram to the TTC then take a ferry or monorail to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom.

Main St will be crowded and you have to go to the far end of the park. I would want to just do half a day at Epcot, take a break and spend the evening in the MK. But I like to take a break in the afternoon.

Old 06-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #53
V2000
Mouseketeer

I am still trying. So far no luck for BOG on 10/19
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #54
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I'm convinced the only way to get a reservation for dinner it to book at 180 plus 10, which means you have to have a resort room booked for 10 days and have booked it 190 days out. Even at 180 +7 everything was gone for the whole 7 days except for one 4:55 reservation. It doesn't open until 5:00 but, I guess they want to get you in and out as fast as possible. Be in your seat at 5:00!

I did not get the day I wanted. I got Thursday and I wanted Tuesday but, that's not a big deal but I might stalk out the Tuesday for the fun of it

And that bad weather plan is always a good idea! When Le Cellier was so hard to get, we walked right in on a rainy day
Just wanted to say we have eaten dinner at BOG at 4:30 and have an ADR for that time in Oct as well, so I don't think they open at 5.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #55
Nezumi Fan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
You can start booking ADRs online at 6am Florida time, and you need to be on there right away to get BOG (it's likely your 180 day will already be booked but you might get something later in your trip if staying onsite and using 180+10). You need to be on your computer at 3am Pacific time!
West Coast here and that is exactly my experience. If you're willing to be up at 3:00 a.m. PST and to hammer the "find the table," you can score. CRT reservations, incidentally, are plentifully available right now (we're back at the Parks 12/13-12/21) and today is 6/20.
Nezumi Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #56
V2000
Mouseketeer

Wait, how does the +10 work again? Booking opens up for BOG 6 months before and if you stay at a Disney resort then you get to book 10 days earlier than that? Is that correct? Or you have to book a 10 day trip? I'm confused.
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #57
abbydancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2000 View Post
Wait, how does the +10 work again? Booking opens up for BOG 6 months before and if you stay at a Disney resort then you get to book 10 days earlier than that? Is that correct? Or you have to book a 10 day trip? I'm confused.
You can start booking 180 days out but if you are staying on property you can go an additional 10 days at that 180 days. You don't have be staying 10 days.
So for example, if you check in 12/6, you can book out to the 16th on June 9 (that was my 180 days).

Also, we are on two separate reservations (the joy of using DVC points at a non-home resort) and we were able to book past the end of the reservation starting on the 6th.

Also, I couldn't get the website to go out, even logged in, so I just called at 4:00 pacific when the dining line opened.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #58
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
You can start booking 180 days out but if you are staying on property you can go an additional 10 days at that 180 days. You don't have be staying 10 days.
So for example, if you check in 12/6, you can book out to the 16th on June 9 (that was my 180 days).

Also, we are on two separate reservations (the joy of using DVC points at a non-home resort) and we were able to book past the end of the reservation starting on the 6th.

Also, I couldn't get the website to go out, even logged in, so I just called at 4:00 pacific when the dining line opened.

Hope that helps.
Ooohh, interesting I didn't know you could have the whole plus 10 even if you didn't have a 10 day reservation. I missed 3 days when I could have booked. I couldn't figure out how to get the +10 on line so ended up calling but, it would seem that I was 3 days late. I feel so lucky I got my 4:55 reservation on 12/18!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #59
obxshark
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd725 View Post
Keep in mind that BOG closes at 7 pm on party nights. I did not realize I scheduled our two MK days on MVMCP days. When I called to try to get the ressie the CM gave me the heads up. I was able to switch one of our days to a non-MVMCP day, and scored a BOG ressie a couple days later.

Keep checking, but keep in mind there are less ressies on party days! Good luck!
Well, through persistence (just keep clicking away on MDE! It worked for me!!) and great good luck, today I scored an ADR for my wife and I at 4:05 on a MVMCP night. We're getting into the park using the party tickets (reportedly open for party goers at 4:00), so we will be cutting it close. I plan on arriving at the gate at 3:30, ADR in hand, and trying to sweet talk our way in a few minutes early in order to make that 4:05 ressie. Has anyone tried to get in prior to 4:00 with an ADR for BOG?
obxshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #60
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxshark View Post
Well, through persistence (just keep clicking away on MDE! It worked for me!!) and great good luck, today I scored an ADR for my wife and I at 4:05 on a MVMCP night. We're getting into the park using the party tickets (reportedly open for party goers at 4:00), so we will be cutting it close. I plan on arriving at the gate at 3:30, ADR in hand, and trying to sweet talk our way in a few minutes early in order to make that 4:05 ressie. Has anyone tried to get in prior to 4:00 with an ADR for BOG?
It's unlikely they will let you in any earlier than 4pm, maybe 3:55pm. If you arrive early and line up, you'll be close to the front. Head straight down Main St. You'll be checking in late but they'll let you in

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: