Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #31
phillipsjp2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
Do they have a limit as to how many people they can serve? Like if lunch is 11 - 3 can you walk up at 3 and get…….in line? It's not a line is it for lunch like at Pizzafari or Cosmic Rays?? Do they give you a buzzer/pager thing?
I read at wdwmagic that the lunch hours are 11:00 - 2:30. The line opens at 10:30 and closes at 2:00. It is quite different at lunch from other quick service restaurants. There is a line outside BoG on the bridge crossing over to the building. Once inside there is another line to several touch screen computers where you place your order and pay. You are then given a special rose that is some type of electronic device that you take to a table, it is similar to a restaurant buzzer but more of a way for the severs to locate you. Then when your meal is ready a server brings your meal to your table. The lunch menu is a bit smaller than the dinner menu but we enjoyed both meals. For lunch we did get in line at 10:30 and only waited about 30 minutes, so service is fairly quick for the amount of people. I would recommend either lunch or dinner, it is a great experience although it probably will not be one of our yearly must do restaurants only because it is so difficult to get a reservation.
Yearly day trips growing up.....mostly pre-Epcot '78, '79, '80, '81, 82. Off resort '89, '91, '92, '94. Royal Plaza DTD '2004, DD 1st day trip 2008, POR 2009, Windsor Hills 2010, BLT 2011, CSR, POP, BWV, & WLV 2012, DTD Wyndham and POR 2013, Disney Wonder 2013, CBR July 2014.
phillipsjp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #32
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsjp2003 View Post
I read at wdwmagic that the lunch hours are 11:00 - 2:30. The line opens at 10:30 and closes at 2:00. It is quite different at lunch from other quick service restaurants. There is a line outside BoG on the bridge crossing over to the building. Once inside there is another line to several touch screen computers where you place your order and pay. You are then given a special rose that is some type of electronic device that you take to a table, it is similar to a restaurant buzzer but more of a way for the severs to locate you. Then when your meal is ready a server brings your meal to your table. The lunch menu is a bit smaller than the dinner menu but we enjoyed both meals. For lunch we did get in line at 10:30 and only waited about 30 minutes, so service is fairly quick for the amount of people. I would recommend either lunch or dinner, it is a great experience although it probably will not be one of our yearly must do restaurants only because it is so difficult to get a reservation.
Oohhh! Thanks! Interesting. So you do have to stand in line. And you get to pick your table? So you get to wander around the whole place looking for a table?? And they can find you because of the rose. Very interesting. Can't wait to see this place!

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2014, 07:51 AM   #33
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

The best bet is honestly - keep trying! Try several times a day if you can, every day. In November we picked up a BOG reservation the same morning. We have eaten there four times, it's worth it to keep trying!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:05 PM   #34
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

I am obsessively trying for bog on 8/24. I try even when I get up to pee at night!

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #35
quigs3
Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like somethin' is brewin', about to begin!

I agree with the PP. People are constantly changing their plans, and if you keep checking, it's very likely that something will open up. This happened to me with the Wishes Dessert Party on our recent trip. I checked at least 10 times a day for months but nothing was ever available. I finally gave up, but I checked once more on a whim just a few days before we were to leave, and I was shocked to find availability! Don't give up!
Old 06-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #36
pd1138
Mouseketeer

I would say definitely keep checking. I made my reservations the other week for 180 +10 and was able to get BOG for day 6 of our trip. Several days later I was on disney dining around 1 pm and just for the heck of it wondered what was available that night at disney for dinner. I wanted to have an idea so if we are down there on our trip and we need to make a last minute change on a reservation we made 6 months ago I wanted to see what kinds of restaurants were more available. To my surprise a BOG popped up for 4:30 that night! Wow, I thought someone was getting some pixie dust and sure enough I refreshed the screen and the reservation was gone!
Keep checking!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #37
MagentaMulan
Mouseketeer

Are the fountain drinks free for refills?
MagentaMulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #38
dhorner233
Disneyophile

I just got a reservation for Be Our Guest!!!!!

I will be arriving on Sat 12/13, leaving the next Sat. I wanted Wed. but, today was the first day I could book for the 180 PLUS 10! I would have never known about the plus 10 if it wasn't for this thread!!!!

Well today was my day 180 and even though the internet wouldn't let me get to the +10 days, I called and the CM was able to search the whole week and got me Thursday at 4:45. It was the ONLY thing available for the week I was there.

I thought the earliest you could get was 5:00 but, I'm looking at my reservation on My Disney Experience and it says 4:45.

Yumm…. Looking forward to the lamb!!!

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #39
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Just called and begged for 8/24 dinner anytime..It's our 15th anniversary celebration and my hubby is 40 that week and this is all he wants. No mercy they won't help me. I am even trying in the middle of the night. Trying to get into bog is taking over my life

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #40
The Batgirl
Dreamfinder

If it rains at night while you're there, DEFINITELY go up to Be Our Guest and see if anything is available. My husband and I were in MK last September and decided to stick it out in the park despite a torrential downpour. People were leaving in droves, so we figured we would check to see if anything was available at Be Our Guest. Success! Apparently a lot of people cancelled their dinner reservations because of the weather, and we were able to walk right in.
That's one (possible) advantage to bad weather, at least!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #41
Latmlnsn
Earning My Ears

Certainly join the cancelation thread for the month of your stay, November also has a Facebook group that has proved invaluable to me for reservation help! We have a swapping post and a ISO post so people look out for each other. You might try that too! I have a BOG reservation but I'm hoping to swap it for an earlier time for dinner, OR we might try a fast pass for lunch.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #42
CynthiaRebeca
Earning My Ears

I got a reservation for the after the wine and dine half marathon after diligently checking on the 180 days out date. However, I just learned another person would be joining my party. Do you think it would be possible to call Disney Dining and switch the party of 2 to 3?
races completed: Virtual Nerd Runs Jedi Challenge 5k ran in Santa Cruz CA(best medal ever!); Bay to Breakers 12k 2014 in San Francisco, CA; Dream Mile 10k in San Jose, CA; Lighting the Way 10k (Los Gatos).
future races: Bridge to Bridge 12k and Nike Women's Half Marathon SF
CynthiaRebeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #43
Momof2Singers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinyoung54 View Post
hi there . I am also visiting at the same time and I was informed by my Disney rep that 28 days before we are due to arrive we would have an invitation to have lunch at be our guest restaurant.
you CANNOT count on this, totally inaccurate. I am still waiting and I am 18 days away.
Momof2Singers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #44
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaRebeca View Post
I got a reservation for the after the wine and dine half marathon after diligently checking on the 180 days out date. However, I just learned another person would be joining my party. Do you think it would be possible to call Disney Dining and switch the party of 2 to 3?
You can try. BoG gets very full quickly and you're actually needing a table swap so you might be out of luck. If you had the original reservation for 3, you would be placed on a table with room for 4 anyway. Make sure they don't cancel the reservation, otherwise it might be gone

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #45
CynthiaRebeca
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
You can try. BoG gets very full quickly and you're actually needing a table swap so you might be out of luck. If you had the original reservation for 3, you would be placed on a table with room for 4 anyway. Make sure they don't cancel the reservation, otherwise it might be gone
Thanks, I'll definitely call to see if it can happen but I will definitely make sure the reservation doesn't get cancelled. I hope that's not so rude to leave our friend out in the cold if I can't get the reservation bumped up to 3, I'm just looking forward to my first visit to BoG and reservations are super hard to come by! I'll do my best to see if they could accommodate us though.
races completed: Virtual Nerd Runs Jedi Challenge 5k ran in Santa Cruz CA(best medal ever!); Bay to Breakers 12k 2014 in San Francisco, CA; Dream Mile 10k in San Jose, CA; Lighting the Way 10k (Los Gatos).
future races: Bridge to Bridge 12k and Nike Women's Half Marathon SF
CynthiaRebeca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: