Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #16
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd725 View Post
Keep in mind that BOG closes at 7 pm on party nights. I did not realize I scheduled our two MK days on MVMCP days. When I called to try to get the ressie the CM gave me the heads up. I was able to switch one of our days to a non-MVMCP day, and scored a BOG ressie a couple days later.

Keep checking, but keep in mind there are less ressies on party days! Good luck!
I really think this adds to lack of availability. from early September to the mid December (?), BOG is closed a lot of nights for the parties, that takes away a lot of ADRs for over 3 months in the Fall. And you can only get an ADR for dinner.

I finally gave up trying to get an ADR for last October and was able to use BPG FP+ for lunch.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
MeanestMomEver
Oh Boy!

We are on property now. I was unable to get a BOG res. However, because I was able to get one by repeatedly using MDE to check for a cancellation on our last trip, I tried his time too.

This Monday, 6/9, after checking 5-6 times over the last week, I found a BOG time for tomorrow, 6/12! I just used MDE, looking for any "dinner" time slot. I've also been checking for a 6/13 CP early breakfast slot. No luck yet, but you never know. I'm thinking since there is a 1day cancellation policy, the best bet is about 24 hrs in advance but also check 12-48 hrs in advance.

For example: I just Checked again for a 6/13 CP breakfast and a CRT slot was available. I would have taken that but I didn't get through by phone in time to get it. For that one, it says to call. For BOG you can book yourself, using MDE.

1975 DL, Grandma's House in Van Nuys
1985 WDW sorta-honeymoon, off site
1991 WDW offsite
2003 Contemporary
2008 Shades of Green
2010 Yacht Club
2014 Contemporary (March)
2014 Coronado Springs (June)
2014 Port Orleans French Quarter- coming soon!

Last edited by MeanestMomEver; 06-11-2014 at 09:11 AM.
MeanestMomEver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
nkereina
Wendy Darling

My guess is that BOG would not be taking walk-ups considering how hard it is to get an ADR in the first place. If you're going to MK another day, you can try booking a lunch FP+ for BOG. If you can't get that, you can get in line in the morning - usually takes about 30-45 minutes to get through the QS line during lunch.
nkereina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #19
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
We booked in May for Oct (so past the 180-day deadline). I've since gotten both BoG and 'Ohana by just obsessively checking... As in 20-25 times every day obsessively checking.
I am going to DW in Dec. I am coming up on the 180 day mark. I have been noticing that the next day (the 181st day) is not available for booking when I turn off my computer at about 9:00 PM PST. But the whole day/dinner is completely booked by the time I turn on the computer at 7:00 AM PST.

Does anyone have an idea what the magical time frame is? I tried to book something at 2:00 AM and it said the service was unavailable.

My plan is:

A. Book 180 days out

B. Search for the next 6 months obsessively for cancellations

C. Try to be worked in as a walk up when we get there

D. Fast pass it for lunch, but I don't want a sandwich - I want the lamb!!!!!

dhorner233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:04 AM   #20
V2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

I finally gave up trying to get an ADR for last October and was able to use BPG FP+ for lunch.

You can use a fast pass? How does that work? Can you use one for dinner too?
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #21
V2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorner233 View Post
I am going to DW in Dec. I am coming up on the 180 day mark. I have been noticing that the next day (the 181st day) is not available for booking when I turn off my computer at about 9:00 PM PST. But the whole day/dinner is completely booked by the time I turn on the computer at 7:00 AM PST.

Does anyone have an idea what the magical time frame is? I tried to book something at 2:00 AM and it said the service was unavailable.
If you do end up going for lunch get the braised pork and potato soup. It's very good!

I would like to know the answer to your question as well. What time do you login at the 180 day mark. There is a 3 hour difference here from California to Florida. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #22
amym2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to DW in Dec. I am coming up on the 180 day mark. I have been noticing that the next day (the 181st day) is not available for booking when I turn off my computer at about 9:00 PM PST. But the whole day/dinner is completely booked by the time I turn on the computer at 7:00 AM PST. Does anyone have an idea what the magical time frame is? I tried to book something at 2:00 AM and it said the service was unavailable. My plan is: A. Book 180 days out B. Search for the next 6 months obsessively for cancellations C. Try to be worked in as a walk up when we get there D. Fast pass it for lunch, but I don't want a sandwich - I want the lamb!!!!!
You can start booking ADRs online at 6am Florida time, and you need to be on there right away to get BOG (it's likely your 180 day will already be booked but you might get something later in your trip if staying onsite and using 180+10). You need to be on your computer at 3am Pacific time!
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #23
krismanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am going to DW in Dec. I am coming up on the 180 day mark. I have been noticing that the next day (the 181st day) is not available for booking when I turn off my computer at about 9:00 PM PST. But the whole day/dinner is completely booked by the time I turn on the computer at 7:00 AM PST. Does anyone have an idea what the magical time frame is? I tried to book something at 2:00 AM and it said the service was unavailable. My plan is: A. Book 180 days out B. Search for the next 6 months obsessively for cancellations C. Try to be worked in as a walk up when we get there D. Fast pass it for lunch, but I don't want a sandwich - I want the lamb!!!!!
My understanding from reading others posts about this is that you are probably gonna have better luck trying for one of the later days of your stay. The reason you are seeing no availability even as soon as that day is opening up is that it's already been booked up by people who got to use their +10s.
krismanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM   #24
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2000 View Post
If you do end up going for lunch get the braised pork and potato soup. It's very good!

I would like to know the answer to your question as well. What time do you login at the 180 day mark. There is a 3 hour difference here from California to Florida. I wonder if that makes a difference.
Braised pork and potato soup does sound good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amym2 View Post
You can start booking ADRs online at 6am Florida time, and you need to be on there right away to get BOG (it's likely your 180 day will already be booked but you might get something later in your trip if staying onsite and using 180+10). You need to be on your computer at 3am Pacific time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismanda View Post
My understanding from reading others posts about this is that you are probably gonna have better luck trying for one of the later days of your stay. The reason you are seeing no availability even as soon as that day is opening up is that it's already been booked up by people who got to use their +10s.
What is the +10? I am booked to be on site. It's saying I can book today for Dec. 8. I think that is 180. How do I get the plus 10? In that case I have missed my dates of 12/13-19 or I could get the 19th tonight at 3 am?

Are there fast passes for lunch? Or is it just walk up?

Old 06-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #25
martinyoung54
martinyoung

hi there . I am also visiting at the same time and I was informed by my Disney rep that 28 days before we are due to arrive we would have an invitation to have lunch at be our guest restaurant.
martinyoung54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #26
krismanda
Mouseketeer

Once your 180 hits you can book for the first day of your trip +10 if you are staying on site. So guests whose trip starts up to a week and a half before yours have a crack at reservations before you. I'm guessing that is why it looks like BOG is booked as soon as the day opens up... It probably was full before the 180 even hit.
krismanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #27
V2000
Mouseketeer

So, are walk ins always accepted? Has anyone ever done one? How long did you wait?
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #28
phillipsjp2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V2000 View Post
So, are walk ins always accepted? Has anyone ever done one? How long did you wait?
For lunch it is a quick service or walk up dining. However, the line does get long. The earlier you go the better. I think we waited about 30 minutes. For dinner it is one of the most difficult ADRs in all of WDW. So technically you can walk up but the chance of getting in is slim.
Yearly day trips growing up.....mostly pre-Epcot '78, '79, '80, '81, 82. Off resort '89, '91, '92, '94. Royal Plaza DTD '2004, DD 1st day trip 2008, POR 2009, Windsor Hills 2010, BLT 2011, CSR, POP, BWV, & WLV 2012, DTD Wyndham and POR 2013, Disney Wonder 2013, CBR July 2014.
phillipsjp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #29
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismanda View Post
Once your 180 hits you can book for the first day of your trip +10 if you are staying on site. So guests whose trip starts up to a week and a half before yours have a crack at reservations before you. I'm guessing that is why it looks like BOG is booked as soon as the day opens up... It probably was full before the 180 even hit.
Oh! Thanks for explaining that. I've never heard of the +10 clause. Yes, no wonder every day is already booked at 6:30 AM on Day 180.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #30
dhorner233
Disneyophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsjp2003 View Post
For lunch it is a quick service or walk up dining. However, the line does get long. The earlier you go the better. I think we waited about 30 minutes. For dinner it is one of the most difficult ADRs in all of WDW. So technically you can walk up but the chance of getting in is slim.
Do they have a limit as to how many people they can serve? Like if lunch is 11 - 3 can you walk up at 3 and get…….in line? It's not a line is it for lunch like at Pizzafari or Cosmic Rays?? Do they give you a buzzer/pager thing?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: