Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
V2000
Mouseketeer

Be Our Guest Restaurant Tips, Please

Hi everyone,

I would loved to dine at Be Our Guest for dinner in October. I can never get a reservation no matter how many months out I try to book.

Does anyone have any tips for this?

We are going at 4pm to MK because that's what time Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween permits us to enter the park. So we don't want to waste too much time in line to eat. How long is the wait with no reservation?
V2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
JamitaV
Disney Traveler

Talking Here is an option...

I have not tried this but have heard from a few sources you can request to be on a wait list the day of and SOMETIMES they are able to work through the list. However you would need to get on the wait list first thing that morning. I hope it works out. Have fun on your trip.

JamitaV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
neme9xu
Earning My Ears

I would try one of two things...(1) try calling one or two days out from the day you want to go to try and get in on someones cancellation...this is the window they'll cancel if they can't go for whatever reason to avoid paying the per person cancellation fee if they don't, or (2) just walk up to the kiosk, if it's not crowded by the bridge you may get lucky and get a walk in, especially if your flexible with when you want to eat...we were lucky enough to get in this way during one of our visits

Good luck

Oh, and just keep calling (although this is time consuming), you never know if you call at the right time you could get lucky

DVC Owner at SSR since 2011
BCV - September 2011
BWV - November 2012
BLT - May 2013
BLT - September 2013
GF - July 2014
SSR/GFV - November 2014 (W&D Half)
neme9xu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

1) When you get close to 45 days when people have to pay off packages start looking often. When folks can't go at all and cancel they also will cancel dining to avoid fees.

2) I have good luck on tough ones at 1-2 am. Maybe they dump cancels at night.

3) Never give up towards end, I've twice canceled it week of. And found some good ones last minute.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 7x ~ PO Riverside (Dixie Landings) 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek (w/car)
POP Century 14x ~ Hilton DTD 2x
All Star Movie ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 2x ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
Kalea
Mouseketeer

We booked in May for Oct (so past the 180-day deadline). I've since gotten both BoG and 'Ohana by just obsessively checking... As in 20-25 times every day obsessively checking.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
V2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
We booked in May for Oct (so past the 180-day deadline). I've since gotten both BoG and 'Ohana by just obsessively checking... As in 20-25 times every day obsessively checking.
LOL

Thank you! I will keep checking!

How is the dinner there? Any good? Worth the trouble?
Old 06-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
disneycraz
Mouseketeer

we had reservations last year on a MVMCP night. Our reservation was for 6:30. There was a couple behind us in line that had no reservations, and they were able to get in without much of a wait. It is possible to get in without a reservation. Good luck!!
Old 06-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
disneycraz
Mouseketeer

The food was pretty good. The french onion soup was delicious. Of course the atmosphere is amazing.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamitaV View Post
I have not tried this but have heard from a few sources you can request to be on a wait list the day of and SOMETIMES they are able to work through the list. However you would need to get on the wait list first thing that morning. I hope it works out. Have fun on your trip.
I have never heard of a wait list for BOG. It would seem that if it existed someone would have mentioned it in the many threads here asking how to get into BOG without a reservation. At dinner you could walk up and wait if BOG is accepting walk ups, but that doesn't involve being put on a wait list in the morning. What are the sources where you've heard this?

To the OP:

BOG is the most difficult dinner reservation to get currently so most often the suggestions are to be persistent and keep checking online multiple times a day to see if a cancellation or more reservations are released to the system.

Because you are dining on a party day the amount of time available will be limited. Most would recommend not wasting valuable party time in a TS restaurant so you will probably want a reservation no later than 5:00. Earlier if you plan to line up for one of the rare characters because the lines often start around 5:30 or 6:00, again to reduce the amount of time in line during the party.

Another option is to subscribe to the October cancellation thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251536

As a last resort you could try walking up, but there is no guarantee that you will be seated. It would depend on how busy it is, how many in your party and if they are accepting walk ins that day.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
Frozen2014
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
This exact thing worked for me too. Didn't get Ohana or BOG at 180 day mark. Shortly after I found Ohana. And as with Kalea, I checked many times a day for BOG...when I worked from home I just kept refreshing the query, and wham...a time popped up.

Good luck. Hope you find one.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
crz4mm2
Most of the time I just sit and scratch my head...

I just got BOG reservations for 845 on one of the nights we are there in Nov!! I just put in the date and dinner and it popped up and I GRABBED it! I have tried and tried prior to now with no luck.
Keep trying!

crz4mm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:24 AM   #12
V2000
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crz4mm2 View Post
I just got BOG reservations for 845 on one of the nights we are there in Nov!! I just put in the date and dinner and it popped up and I GRABBED it! I have tried and tried prior to now with no luck.
Keep trying!
That's awesome! Have a magical time

I will keep trying. However, the server is always busy! I can't even book for anything. Anyone have this problem too?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
dcd725
Earning My Ears

Keep in mind that BOG closes at 7 pm on party nights. I did not realize I scheduled our two MK days on MVMCP days. When I called to try to get the ressie the CM gave me the heads up. I was able to switch one of our days to a non-MVMCP day, and scored a BOG ressie a couple days later.

Keep checking, but keep in mind there are less ressies on party days! Good luck!
dcd725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #14
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

I keep trying for august. Just keep trying. In the meantime I have another one lines up I can cancel if I get bog..

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:46 AM   #15
Stacied68
Mouseketeer

I just kept trying a couple of times a day for an ADR in September. A week ago, one just popped up.

So keep trying and Good Luck!!

2000 offsite
2003 All Star Movies
2013 All Star Music
2014 Pop Century

Stacied68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: