Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Did shoreside concierge mess up my reservations?

So, I logged on this morning to confirm that shoreside had made my requested reservations:

1. I had requested only one excursion. NO excursion was booked, but there was still availability so I booked it myself just now.

2. There are 4 adults in my suite, so I had requested 2 Palo brunch reservations and 2 dinner reservations - 2 adults at each reservation. I have all 4 reservations, but each show only one person going? Does the DCL site typically show all parties, or at least the number of guests on the reservation? We didn't all want to go to brunch/dinner one at a time :/

Not super impressed so far with shoreside. The one woman I spoke to before I could submit requests was very pleasant. Eric, who I spoke to twice when calling in with requests this week, was curt and apparently didnt even note down my only excursion request.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:36 AM   #2
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Yikes about the excursion! Regarding your dinner reservations, this is how they are displayed. The (1) shown is just listing the one group reservation. I had the same concern on our last cruise, but it was fine.

Sorry your experience with shoreside hasn't been to your expectations. We have had an amazing experience with 4 different cruises this far.

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #3
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyRuth View Post
Yikes about the excursion! Regarding your dinner reservations, this is how they are displayed. The (1) shown is just listing the one group reservation. I had the same concern on our last cruise, but it was fine. Sorry your experience with shoreside hasn't been to your expectations. We have had an amazing experience with 4 different cruises this far.
Thanks - that makes me feel a lot better about the brunches. We have only one sea day so I know brunch reservation are a hot commodity!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
andrencau
Mouseketeer

Have you communicated with them via phone or email? I have an email chain going with shoreside about our bookings, questions, and suggestions. My advice would be to keep communicating with shoreside. My requests were a little more complex but got great service through dealing with those requests.
andrencau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:21 AM   #5
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrencau View Post
Have you communicated with them via phone or email? I have an email chain going with shoreside about our bookings, questions, and suggestions. My advice would be to keep communicating with shoreside. My requests were a little more complex but got great service through dealing with those requests.
So far it's all been by phone, but I think I may switch to email in the event I need a paper trail for some reason.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Sorry you have had a bad experience. I actually got my phone call from Eric and he took all my request and did a great job. I also emailed them and he got back to me twice...happy serve type of response.

Everything I ask for was there a 120 day mark!

I hope things get better for you and that everything works out well!

Have a great cruise!
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Called back and spoke to Amanda - much better experience all the way around.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

They did the same for me on Palo one name on each meal, I re checked it they said its per table and do not worry, I re re checked it with another host who said the same.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: