Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 04:31 AM   #16
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochick View Post
Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise. To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away? We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to do MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise. Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?
We have visited the parks before cruising the last 4 years after flying in from the UK. It certainly doesn't take away from the cruise at all. We found the new fast pass + really great. We planned our main rides ahead, booked our dining and found it much more relaxing than turning up at the park with nothing booked. Haven't done a character breakfast at MK, but had a great character lunch at Crystal Palace there (Winnie the Pooh). If you only have 2 days, we wouldn't bother with park hopping and we wouldn't commit to a water park as the weather may not be up to it. Would definitely stay at a WDW resort for the convenience.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:37 AM   #17
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

We won't park hop, plan on just magic kingdom and then possibly Hollywood studios or even Animal kingdom the second day. Just so hard to decide and we loved it all last year, it's tricky picking what to do and what to miss out on.

My DD 6 wants to definitely do bibbidi bobbidi boutique again, and it has crossed my mind to try and squish this in before the cruise so she's all done up ready !

May not have time though, in which case she can have it done on our last day and fly home like it instead
orlandochick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: