Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Walkoff Debarkation Question - Can you go after they call it?

After a recent cruise on Princess where pretty much the entire ship takes their own luggage off, I am hooked. No searching through piles of bags, just go. Very easy and to me, less stressful and we have very cool bags from Costco that roll like a dream.

So...we are planning on doing walk off for our July Alaska Wonder cruise...but the walk off time will probably be during our breakfast, or well before, since we have late seating.

If you are doing walk off, can I leave during the time they are calling tags? Will they stop me? I want to do walk off but I also like to eat one last time in the dining room on debarkation day, say goodbye to the staff, ECT.

TIA for any tips!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
After a recent cruise on Princess where pretty much the entire ship takes their own luggage off, I am hooked. No searching through piles of bags, just go. Very easy and to me, less stressful and we have very cool bags from Costco that roll like a dream.

So...we are planning on doing walk off for our July Alaska Wonder cruise...but the walk off time will probably be during our breakfast, or well before, since we have late seating.

If you are doing walk off, can I leave during the time they are calling tags? Will they stop me? I want to do walk off but I also like to eat one last time in the dining room on debarkation day, say goodbye to the staff, ECT.

TIA for any tips!
We did it in Vsncouver last year we were off at 7.15 but you have to have your luggage either you, so you cent really go yo the MDRs but beach blanket may be an option with the limited breakfast there.

The instructions say at any time but eating could be an issue.

Welcome to Vancouver 001 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.

Last edited by DISNEY FANTASY; 06-05-2014 at 02:14 PM.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
We did it in Vsncouver last year we were off at 7.15 but you have to have your luggage either you, so you cent really go yo the MDRs but beach blanket may be an option with the limited breakfast there.

The instructions say at any time but eating could be an issue.

Welcome to Vancouver 001 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Hmm, good points. I guess we will have to consider having a ton of luggage in the MDR, probably woudlnt work. We will have to see based on where our table is and if anyone is around us.

I might even just sit outside the MDR with our luggage while the family eats. Walkoff is just so much easier, not having to stress about packing the wrong things and being without a brush on debark morning, I will find a way to make it work. I just wanted to make sure I could get off the ship even if they called walk off an hour before I am ready to go.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Hmm, good points. I guess we will have to consider having a ton of luggage in the MDR, probably woudlnt work. We will have to see based on where our table is and if anyone is around us.

I might even just sit outside the MDR with our luggage while the family eats. Walkoff is just so much easier, not having to stress about packing the wrong things and being without a brush on debark morning, I will find a way to make it work. I just wanted to make sure I could get off the ship even if they called walk off an hour before I am ready to go.
Walk off was easy, we in a suite had room service, Beach blanket is open for a limited service, if your on early you may be able to nip down, eat and leave luggage in your room but should be out for 8 am.
* Disney Magic -
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post
Walk off was easy, we in a suite had room service, Beach blanket is open for a limited service, if your on early you may be able to nip down, eat and leave luggage in your room but should be out for 8 am.
We have late dining, and no rush to get off the ship as we are spending some time in Vancouver after the cruise.

Another nice thing is we are the only ship in port that day, should help with the craziness at Canada Place.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
We have late dining, and no rush to get off the ship as we are spending some time in Vancouver after the cruise.

Another nice thing is we are the only ship in port that day, should help with the craziness at Canada Place.
Yes that would help, we had two in on embarkation, and three in on debarkation. If your taking it slow why not go with them taking it off the ship for you?.
* Disney Magic -
Old 06-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
ColoradoDisneyFreaks
DIS Veteran

Quote:

TIA for any tips!
Unless Vacouver is very different, they don't call tags like other cruise lines, you can leave whenever you're ready. One good option would be to have someone go up to the buffet and get a tray with pastries, fruit, yogurt whatever everyone wants, then eat in your room. Once you're done, take off! We always liked to eat in the MDR that last morning, until our last cruise, we tried the buffet, and it was so awesome. The staff is rushed, the breakfast in the MDR is meh, but being able to take our time, get ready, then go to the buffet to eat and then leave was heaven. We just made sure to say goodby to our servers the night before. They were actually pretty relieved when we told them that we were not going to be at breakfast the next morning.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Pack your valuables in a smaller bag to bring into the mdr. Then you can put your luggage in a designated area outside the mdr where the people handing out wipes are. Or at least they had it that way on the fantasy.
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDisneyFreaks View Post
Unless Vacouver is very different, they don't call tags like other cruise lines, you can leave whenever you're ready. One good option would be to have someone go up to the buffet and get a tray with pastries, fruit, yogurt whatever everyone wants, then eat in your room. Once you're done, take off! We always liked to eat in the MDR that last morning, until our last cruise, we tried the buffet, and it was so awesome. The staff is rushed, the breakfast in the MDR is meh, but being able to take our time, get ready, then go to the buffet to eat and then leave was heaven. We just made sure to say goodby to our servers the night before. They were actually pretty relieved when we told them that we were not going to be at breakfast the next morning.
If you do not do express walk off with your bags, then in Vancouver yes they do call you by tags there as the place for reclaim of luggage is very very small.

You can only leave when your ready with express check out, ie take your bags with you.
* Disney Magic -
Old 06-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #10
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Pack your valuables in a smaller bag to bring into the mdr. Then you can put your luggage in a designated area outside the mdr where the people handing out wipes are. Or at least they had it that way on the fantasy.
Wonder is small and they do not like cruisers doing that.
* Disney Magic -
Old 06-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Since we are on latie dining, and the last morning in the MDR is often deserted, we are going to try to just put our bags in the corner somewhere. Or maybe outside by Ariel. Last time on the Wonder there was a TON of bags outside Triton's of people eating in there, so clearly it is done regularly.

We have all the time in the world, not rushing to get to a flight. When we were on Princess they have a full buffet in the morning of debark, so we just brought our bags with us to the buffet, it worked out fine.

When people say limited, do they still have eggs and bacon and things like that? I do not do well with continental breakfasts...I am not a huge cereal or pastry guy. Bagels, now we can talk.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #12
DISNEY FANTASY

Quote:
Since we are on latie dining, and the last morning in the MDR is often deserted, we are going to try to just put our bags in the corner somewhere. Or maybe outside by Ariel. Last time on the Wonder there was a TON of bags outside Triton's of people eating in there, so clearly it is done regularly.

We have all the time in the world, not rushing to get to a flight. When we were on Princess they have a full buffet in the morning of debark, so we just brought our bags with us to the buffet, it worked out fine.

When people say limited, do they still have eggs and bacon and things like that? I do not do well with continental breakfasts...I am not a huge cereal or pastry guy. Bagels, now we can talk.
Beach blanket is a limited Buffett it has what you want just less than on other days.
* Disney Magic -
Old 06-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #13
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

When I do the walkout I skip breakfast entirely and just leave as soon as the ship clears.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

The mdrs have full breakfasts the last day. Eggs and bacon included, and lots of choices. Just a bit scaled back from the other mornings.
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #15
NCConch
Mouseketeer

We checked our bags the night before and skipped/missed breakfast. We were some of the 1st off the Dream. We told a waiting porter the zone our bags were in and we found them in seconds. We were in PC and only driving up to Daytona. We stopped in Titusville for b-fast.

1st Disney Cruise - Dec 26-29, 2013 on the Dream

NCConch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: