Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Galveston

I still haven't heard any (Houston) dcl advertisements about them coming back to Galveston. This leads me to believe that Disney only came back to uphold their agreement. There are so many people in Houston and surrounding areas that still doesn't know that Disney is returning to Galveston. Where are the commercials and the billboards? They made this mistake before...Lets get it right this time Disney.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
disfamilyfun
Earning My Ears

I am I Houston and although I have not heard any I know other people have as they have posted the return on FB. They are not Disney fans but still heard about it. I know some radio stations will start doing some things this summer.

I wonder what the airports will have this summer. They used to have DVC ads so maybe they will start to pop up this summer
disfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
Sparrow78
Mouseketeer

I think it might still be a bit early do you think? Its still well over a year away? HOw soon did they start doing ad's last time?

Sailing on the Magic again! Jan 25, 2015!

------
8 night Magic Cruise - Jan 18, 2013

Paradise Pier Hotel May 20-26, 2012
WDW August 7-14 2010
2nd DL trip! May 18-25, 2004
1st DL visit... 1 day rushed trip May 2001
Sparrow78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow78 View Post
I think it might still be a bit early do you think? Its still well over a year away? HOw soon did they start doing ad's last time?
That's the thing… they really didn't have many ad's. There were a lot of people that were in the dark about dcl being in Galveston. When I came back from my cruise, my co-workers were all surprised that Disney was in Galveston.

Last edited by jenerra11; 06-05-2014 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
mrsfuzzmo
DIS Veteran

We sailed on the Inaugural sailing of the DCL Magic out of Galveston in Sept. of 2012. Lot's of hoopla!! We received a lot of extra little gifts from DCL because it was the Inaugural and lots of "Texas" themed extras! Helicopters flying overhead for sailaway.....it was a pretty cool experience.
mrsfuzzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

They did a pretty terrible job of advertising here last time. I think I maybe saw one billboard? I know several people who would have sailed with them had they been aware of their presence earlier.

I agree that many people were really only starting to become aware of them being here when they pulled out.

On the other hand, we're doing the right before Christmas holiday sailing out of Galveston, and its already more than half booked. Main Seating dining is reputedly already full. (At least, we're traveling with a very large party, and one couple in our group was told that Main Seating is already full. We're assuming they'll get it eventually, since they'll be linked to 12 other people signed up for Main Seating, but still, we were shocked to hear that.)

At least they've posted about it on Facebook. It's a start, but I do hope they'll get the word out and it will be more profitable for them. I want them back regularly!

(me) (DH) (DS 8) (DD 3) (4 cats) (52 fish) (and a frog)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:16 PM   #7
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Rose View Post
They did a pretty terrible job of advertising here last time. I think I maybe saw one billboard? I know several people who would have sailed with them had they been aware of their presence earlier.

I agree that many people were really only starting to become aware of them being here when they pulled out.

On the other hand, we're doing the right before Christmas holiday sailing out of Galveston, and its already more than half booked. Main Seating dining is reputedly already full. (At least, we're traveling with a very large party, and one couple in our group was told that Main Seating is already full. We're assuming they'll get it eventually, since they'll be linked to 12 other people signed up for Main Seating, but still, we were shocked to hear that.)

At least they've posted about it on Facebook. It's a start, but I do hope they'll get the word out and it will be more profitable for them. I want them back regularly!
That's exactly what I want too. I want them to get the word out so that they can see that it would be logical to come back (Hopefully in 2016).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: