Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
Nechville
DIS Veteran

They do move people to deluxe if they are oversold. People have mentioned getting moved to AKL before when a convention came and booked the entire resort. They will try to move you to a different room within CSR first.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #17
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
I called the resort's direct line AND so did my TA, separately. She said she was passed to SEVEN different people and they all said they were confused by the question because they didn't know of any planned refurbs. In fact the person who called himself the manager said that he was getting quite a few calls with this question, but not sure where the information is coming from. According to their books there is nothing planned.
I was also passed to three different ones and they said the same thing to me.

I know how to call directly to a resort:
1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 939-1000 (They answer "Coronado Springs Resort. How may I help you?")
That number goes to the call center just like every other resort direct number. They don't let people call the resorts. Even when you dial the front desk from your room it goes to a call center. ALL calls go to a call center. When you dial a DIRECT number it pops up on their screen as to which resort you are calling so they can answer the call with that resorts name.

The CM's at the call centres are only given the information they want them to have. They don't want the public to know about the refurb because they will start calling, panicking, and trying to change their plans. The last thing they want is 1000 families calling in a panic about this refurb, so they simply don't tell the call center CM's about it. Or their managers or their supervisors.

The reason I'm being "snarky" is that this information was shared here so that fans of CSR would be excited about it, not so people will call WDW in a panic changing plans and causing trouble.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #18
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenfratt View Post
No, not Beach Club, business class section of CSR!
Thanks! That makes more sense! Now I just need to find out what is really happening there.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 PM   #19
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks! That makes more sense! Now I just need to find out what is really happening there.
welcome! We probably won't know for sure until August when guests see it first hand! I stayed at OKW in 2011 and heard nothing about the refurb until I saw it with my own eyes.
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
I called the resort's direct line AND so did my TA, separately. She said she was passed to SEVEN different people and they all said they were confused by the question because they didn't know of any planned refurbs. In fact the person who called himself the manager said that he was getting quite a few calls with this question, but not sure where the information is coming from. According to their books there is nothing planned.

Just as an fyi, even when you call while you are at the resort you get a call center. They see where you are calling from, and answer as if they are at that resort. They are not.

Be aware too that they sometimes downgrade guests when the room type they have booked is not available. I've had that lovely experience twice.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Just as an fyi, even when you call while you are at the resort you get a call center. They see where you are calling from, and answer as if they are at that resort. They are not.

Be aware too that they sometimes downgrade guests when the room type they have booked is not available. I've had that lovely experience twice.
LOL we WANTED a non-preferred queen room in the first place, so if they downgrade us, then I will just save another $300!!!! We went preferred King, because they didn't have "anymore in the FD pool available".
Old 06-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #22
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen the permits for this? That's usually the sign it's real, since Disney won't say anything. Are they going to do all the rooms or just the preferred? Seems to be a convention-appealing change with the bathroom. And wondering the timeline, maybe a month per building? Or shorter or longer? I guess time will tell!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #23
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:

My TA mentioned above, actually WENT TO THE RESORT and asked the manager and he said they are swamped with questions, but there is NO refurb scheduled at this time. He walked her out to the places in question and said that they have no information that anything is coming down the pike. So, unless pixie dust falls in the next 75 days or so, they haven't been told there/resort yet.
Not an argument, but just my awesome TA double checking.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #24
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Case in point: " they are swamped with questions "

This is why they work so hard to keep these things a secret and don't even tell the staff and most of the managers.

At this point I completely regret sharing this information on DIS. I wanted all the CSR fans to be excited, but all its really done is generate a bunch of calls and hassles for the CSR and WDW staff. Completely ridiculous if a TA actually went to the resort to hassle management about this, like they are someone special that deserves the inside scoop on this.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #25
oldtink
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Case in point: " they are swamped with questions "

This is why they work so hard to keep these things a secret and don't even tell the staff and most of the managers.

At this point I completely regret sharing this information on DIS. I wanted all the CSR fans to be excited, but all its really done is generate a bunch of calls and hassles for the CSR and WDW staff. Completely ridiculous if a TA actually went to the resort to hassle management about this, like they are someone special that deserves the inside scoop on this.

1) You didn't cause it. It was on Buzz's site first, and I read it on another thread before I saw it here.
2) My TA lives close by and wouldn't hassle anyone. She is on first name basis with many there, so she just did a pop over. And she is not pushy or demanding in anything - she ASKED; she only wanted to know if there was something that she didn't get in the updates so she could schedule her /their clients appropriately. They pay HER to do just that. Just as many we read on sites are insiders, so is my TA, a kind a gentle soul. Please don't assume.
3) Many of our "insiders" are there trying to get the inside scoop to post on threads, so how would your portrayal be different? (And she isn't posting anything).

I really do like the information I get on this thread, but to be honest, the snarky is really getting to me. Been nice knowing you all, but I don't ask to be insulted or treated like I am so uninformed when I simply try to clarify.
For those who have been kind and helpful, I appreciate it, but the is DISNEY and the magic is just not here enough.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #26
saskdw
DIS Veteran

I'm the one that pushed Buzz to get clarification. He posted on his site because of that. I brought that info here as well. YOU miss used the info. Have a nice day.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #27
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I'm the one that pushed Buzz to get clarification. He posted on his site because of that. I brought that info here as well. YOU miss used the info. Have a nice day.
I trust Buzz's info a lot more than a TA who doesn't know she is actually calling a call center. And I didn't see that you were snarky at all, particularly after the PP's assertion that she knows how to call the resort directly.

Just waiting for the August people to get their letters now.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #28
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

We are going August 31-Sept 5th. We had originally booked a preferred room and a couple weeks ago received a call from Disney saying they were doing maintenance and preferred rooms would not be available during our stay. They switched us to a water view.

desiree71081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #29
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree71081 View Post
We are going August 31-Sept 5th. We had originally booked a preferred room and a couple weeks ago received a call from Disney saying they were doing maintenance and preferred rooms would not be available during our stay. They switched us to a water view.
Have a magical trip!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #30
desiree71081
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Have a magical trip!
Thanks. Was stressed about having to switch from preferred to water view at first but now I'm just anxious to be there. Any room is better than not being at Disney.

desiree71081 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: