Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears
 
laurenfratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 58

Coronado Springs Refurb?!!

Any news on the CSR refurb rumor that is said to begin in August for pref. king rooms??
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #2
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,294

Yes, it was confirmed by Buzz who runs a dedicated CSR website. Begins in August starting with the Casitas section.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #3
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears
 
laurenfratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Yes, it was confirmed by Buzz who runs a dedicated CSR website. Begins in August starting with the Casitas section.
Woohoo! We have 9 nights booked for the first week of November! Hope they're done and all set by then! That's awesome!
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

We are booked for two preferred king rooms in mid Sept! Do I need to call my TA?
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
Sweets McGee
Earning My Ears
 
Sweets McGee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: N. California
Posts: 43

Yay! We're booked with a Preferred King room in mid-November. Hope the refurb is completed by then! Any idea what changes are being made to the rooms?
__________________


(ME) and (DH)

*Wilderness Lodge-October 2008-F&W/MNSSHP* *Grand Californian-October 2010-MNSSHP*
*Grand Californian-October 2011-MNSSHP*
*Wilderness Lodge-November 2012-F&W/MVMCP*
*Coronado Springs Resort-November 2014-MVMCP*
Sweets McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
We are booked for two preferred king rooms in mid Sept! Do I need to call my TA?
Can I assume there are preferred Kings all over the resort and they just allowed for so many closures? Since we will be there in mid Sept, they will barely be started and Buzz's site says they are changing out the bathrooms to a "rain shower", so this isn't small. Will they upgrade us to a different view or move us? What options do they use? (Just like to prepared as the couple we are traveling with are newbies).
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears
 
laurenfratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
Can I assume there are preferred Kings all over the resort and they just allowed for so many closures? Since we will be there in mid Sept, they will barely be started and Buzz's site says they are changing out the bathrooms to a "rain shower", so this isn't small. Will they upgrade us to a different view or move us? What options do they use? (Just like to prepared as the couple we are traveling with are newbies).
Preferred rooms are only in the casitas section, but I'm sure if they were to move you it would be to something comparable like a water view or perhaps BC. A few others have posted that disney has called them to notify them of the refurb during their stay (so far just August travelers) and have moved them to a room just a nice. And when there is construction at a resort on the rooms, they do one section at a time as to not disturb guests who are in the next room over. So say they re-do casitas 1, it will be closed off until the entire building is finished. Then they will move to casitas 2! Hope this helps!
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

They move people UP to a deluxe? (BC?) Honestly, I will be happy if we have waterview or even better, PO anything, since that is where we booked back in January before we knew of FD. The move to CSR was to catch the FD, and while I never mind saving money (almost $500 for each of the two couples), I would still like to be at FQ.
While the new showers sound nice, I have to admit, I love a soak in a tub after a long day of walking in the parks....
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

I just called the resort directly and the CM passed me to a manager and she insisted that there is no refurb scheduled at this time in the next 6 months. I am not saying Buzz is wrong, but I also don't see why CSR management would lie either....
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #10
fsmith2845
Dis Dad's Club Member #119
 
fsmith2845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 394

We have a preferred room booked from Aug 12 through 21 (preferred room). I hope they won't be refurbing..
__________________
CSR 08/2014 / OKW 12/2011 / SSR 12/2010 Christmas visit (First DVC Stay)
POFQ 08/2008 08/2007 / Orange Lake CC 06/2005 / Marriot Grande Vista 06/2003 06/2001

fsmith2845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #11
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 863

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
I just called the resort directly and the CM passed me to a manager and she insisted that there is no refurb scheduled at this time in the next 6 months. I am not saying Buzz is wrong, but I also don't see why CSR management would lie either....
I don't think they have admitted CBR is undergoing a refurb and there are reports it is. So I would say they do lie. And lots here will tell you that you didn't actually speak to someone at CSR.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #12
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,294

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
I just called the resort directly and the CM passed me to a manager and she insisted that there is no refurb scheduled at this time in the next 6 months. I am not saying Buzz is wrong, but I also don't see why CSR management would lie either....
First off you didn't call the resort directly, you talked to a CM at a call center. And CBR is still denying there is a refurb even though there are at least 20 eyewitness accounts of the refurb on DIS alone.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #13
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

I called the resort's direct line AND so did my TA, separately. She said she was passed to SEVEN different people and they all said they were confused by the question because they didn't know of any planned refurbs. In fact the person who called himself the manager said that he was getting quite a few calls with this question, but not sure where the information is coming from. According to their books there is nothing planned.
I was also passed to three different ones and they said the same thing to me.

I know how to call directly to a resort:
1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 939-1000 (They answer "Coronado Springs Resort. How may I help you?")
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
oldtink
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
I called the resort's direct line AND so did my TA, separately. She said she was passed to SEVEN different people and they all said they were confused by the question because they didn't know of any planned refurbs. In fact the person who called himself the manager said that he was getting quite a few calls with this question, but not sure where the information is coming from. According to their books there is nothing planned.
I was also passed to three different ones and they said the same thing to me.

I know how to call directly to a resort:
1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(407) 939-1000 (They answer "Coronado Springs Resort. How may I help you?")
According to Buzz's site, the refurbs are not set to start until late Aug, not right now, so it's not like they are looking out the window and can see it.

Please refrain from snarky answers; I am honestly trying to figure out what is actually happening, or not happening, so that i can plan our vacation in mid Sept.
oldtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #15
laurenfratt
Earning My Ears
 
laurenfratt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtink View Post
They move people UP to a deluxe? (BC?) Honestly, I will be happy if we have waterview or even better, PO anything, since that is where we booked back in January before we knew of FD. The move to CSR was to catch the FD, and while I never mind saving money (almost $500 for each of the two couples), I would still like to be at FQ.
While the new showers sound nice, I have to admit, I love a soak in a tub after a long day of walking in the parks....
No, not Beach Club, business class section of CSR!
laurenfratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: