Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
uflaw
Mouseketeer

2 Bedroom on Wonder Pictures

Hello:

We are booked in a 2 bedroom on the Wonder for a 5 night cruise and all the pictures we can find seem to be very dated.

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the 2 bedroom on the Wonder?

Thank you!

Eric
uflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

The Wonder hasn't had an extensive dry dock like the Magic so those pictures are probably accurate.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
dcassetta
Mouseketeer

Catherine's trip report from last October has pictures of the 2 bedroom suite.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3194606

\
I've eaten at 159 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
dcassetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #4
rascofam
Earning My Ears

We stayed in the 2 bdrm (8016) on the Wonder for a 7 night cruise this past Oct (2013), and it was absolutely wonderful! Our family of 5 (us and our girls, ages 11, 5, 3) took our in-laws with us. The in-laws had been on a couple cruises back-in-the day and we'd been on one before we had kids. None of us had done a Disney cruise before.

My MIL was sooo worried about what the cabin would be like and how all 7 of us would be able to share the space. The cabin was super nice and was exactly enough space for a family that loves each other but doesn't always share space well

I remember studying the pictures on-line and worrying a if the couch was faded or the furniture dated. The rooms were super bright, beautiful & lovely and the funny thing is that while I must have hundreds of pictures from the cruise both in the room and on the ship, somehow I didn't get any of the room itself all made up, probably because from the minute we got there we filled it up making memories and having a blast. We can't wait to go back!

When looking at pics on-line, maybe keep in mind that digital cameras have come a long way in a few short years and "old" photos can make things look older than they are in person. The older pictures helped give me a rough idea of the placement of furniture/chairs/dining table, but I had to to trust the Disney magic a bit that everything is much more beautiful once you get there! And it was . Have a wonderful cruise!
rascofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
KLK622
Mouseketeer

We just got off the 9 night Alaska on the Wonder and stayed in a one bedroom (decorated in a similar style to the 2 bedrooms). Our two previous cruises were in one bedrooms on the Fantasy. In all honesty, the suites do look tired when compared to the Fantasy. I wouldn't call the decor dated, it was more classic however we felt like the minimum is being done to maintain them until the next big dry dock (little things broken, balcony not squeaky clean, furniture/carpet in need of a good deep clean). It didn't impact our enjoyment of the cruise but it didn't really feel worth the price we paid (about twice as much as we had paid for one week in a one bedroom on the Fantasy). We also disliked that they were under a main deck and had lots of middle of the night maintenance noise (sanding above us at 1 am??).

We did feel the main spaces on the Wonder were very well maintained and we rebooked on her for next March, just not in a suite.

With only three in our party we have lots of other booking options, but if you are happy with what you paid and it mets your families needs then I would stick with it. If you go expecting a grand/perfect room and you are breaking the bank to be in the room I would look at other options..

Last edited by KLK622; 06-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.
KLK622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLK622 View Post
We just got off the 9 night Alaska on the Wonder and stayed in a one bedroom (decorated in a similar style to the 2 bedrooms). Our two previous cruises were in one bedrooms on the Fantasy. In all honesty, the suites do look tired when compared to the Fantasy. I wouldn't call the decor dated, it was more classic however we felt like the minimum is being done to maintain them until the next big dry dock (little things broken, balcony not squeaky clean, furniture/carpet in need of a good deep clean). It didn't impact our enjoyment of the cruise but it didn't really feel worth the price we paid (about twice as much as we had paid for one week in a one bedroom on the Fantasy). We also disliked that they were under a main deck and had lots of middle of the night maintenance noise (sanding above us at 1 am??). We did feel the main spaces on the Wonder were very well maintained and we rebooked on her for next March, just not in a suite. With only three in our party we have lots of other booking options, but if you are happy with what you paid and it mets your families needs then I would stick with it. If you go expecting a grand/perfect room and you are breaking the bank to be in the room I would look at other options..
Blurgh. I hope the experience is different for us, since it will be our first time in a suite on DCL--maybe since we have been on the Wonder several times and only on a Dream-class once, we won't be expecting too much. I also tend not to be bothered by or even notice things in DVC rooms that people complain about here. But I'm so looking forward to it ( one bedroom in October), and hope it won't be disappointing.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #7
KLK622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouncingpluto View Post
Blurgh. I hope the experience is different for us, since it will be our first time in a suite on DCL--maybe since we have been on the Wonder several times and only on a Dream-class once, we won't be expecting too much. I also tend not to be bothered by or even notice things in DVC rooms that people complain about here. But I'm so looking forward to it ( one bedroom in October), and hope it won't be disappointing.
You will be fine then!! We had pretty low expectations and it was better than we expected but still not really comparable to the Fantasy...also the prices for Alaska are wayyyyy inflated for a suite so it was LOTS more than we paid for our one bedroom on Fantasy....I noticed the prices for the suites on Caribbean cruises were much more reasonable . We also like the concierge service more on the Wonder...if felt more personal. Rodrigo was always trying to make us happy!
KLK622 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: