Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #1
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Off Site Parking

If you always park at the terminal, stayed at a hotel with parking or parking coupons for the port parking, or want the convenience of parking on site, or whatever, please just don't respond. I am not asking for parking advice. I asking directly about these two off site parking establishments and looking for reviews of both. Thanks

Which one is better, nicer, faster?

I used Park N Cruise last time and it was fine. But wondering if Park Port Canaveral is better. We did have to wait around 15 min for a return shuttle and the employees were a little rough around the edges.

Prices are virtually the same ( 5 cent difference).

Any reviews? First hand experience? Anybody use BOTH and can compare for me?

PS If you always park at the terminal, stayed at a hotel with parking or parking coupons for the port parking, or want the convenience of parking on site, or whatever, please just don't respond. I am not asking for parking advice. I asking directly about these two off site parking establishments and looking for reviews of both. Thanks

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

Last edited by n8nally; 06-04-2014 at 05:11 PM.
n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8nally View Post

I used Park N Cruise last time and it was fine. But wondering if Park Port Canaveral is better. We did have to wait around 15 min for a return shuttle and the employees were a little rough around the edges.

PS If you always park at the terminal, stayed at a hotel with parking or parking coupons for the port parking, or want the convenience of parking on site, or whatever, please just don't respond. I am not asking for parking advice. I asking directly about these two off site parking establishments and looking for reviews of both. Thanks
I say park at PC I personally have talked to people who had poor transfers from the offsite car parks where shuttles prioritised Carnival.

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Wow.

I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)

Old 06-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Wow.
I was talking to people in Cabanas as you do, some who know me, and they were telling me never again, they said they liked the check in and drop off but the transfers to port prioritised Carnival dream and delayed them, they would never use again, this wasn't just one or two.

I have used different types of transport to port, DCL buses, hire cars etc, on the times Si used a hire car I park st the pier at DCLs lot and It's do easy and no transfer and going back after a dream.

Last cruise AUGUST 2014 Disney Magic July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
Disney Wonder August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
Disney Fantasy 8/11 and 8/18 2012 back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
Disney Magic Eight cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 and 15 night Panama crossings, and 7 night Caribbean cruises.
Over 14 Previous cruises, including Disney, RCI and Princess.
Next, Disney Magic Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Wow, again. Ummmm, thanks DISNEY FANTASY, but I am not asking for parking advice.

If there is anybody out there who can actually read my post and can compare or give experiences of their parking at either Park N Cruise or Park Port Canaveral, I would really appreciate it.

I am not looking for parking advice. Sigh.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
If you always park at the terminal, stayed at a hotel with parking or parking coupons for the port parking, or want the convenience of parking on site, or whatever, please just don't respond. I am not asking for parking advice. I asking directly about these two off site parking establishments and looking for reviews of both. Thanks

This is an open discussion forum so not sure you can tell people not to respond to a topic You have to understand your thread title is confusing and not "sigh" over posters for posting. At first glance I read the title and interpreted it as off site parking vs. onsite parking (the Park Port Canaveral is confusing). Many posters would not know that is the name of an off-site parking place and that you didn't mean Parking at Port Canaveral? I didn't. Maybe re-word the thread title so it is not as confusing.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!

Last edited by mmouse37; 06-04-2014 at 04:31 PM.
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
LJC1861
DIS Veteran
Suffers from a Tag Fairy Complex

For our most recent cruise, the 5/3/14 Fantasy sailing we used Park Port Canaveral.

While the price was great the greeting that we got upon arrival was less than stellar. The Owner was rather rude, stating that she had "no earthly idea HOW long it was going to be" for the shuttle bus to arrive. (This, when the printed info states 20 or so minutes between shuttles.) I was only asking to see if she knew when the previous one had left so I knew about how long I might be waiting in the rain.....

She grabbed the reservation confirmation and payment voucher form out of my hand and didn't say much more. I stood there, not sure if she was finished with me or not and then she rudely looked up and said " You can go...."

I said as I left, a little louder than I probably intended...." I will NEVER use this company again!" With that, she was hustling herself outside, with a walkie talkie in her hand, talking into it and quickly came to assist us with our luggage. There happened to be a parking space right in front, which we grabbed and she said with a laugh, " I ordered that one right up for you!!" She then said that there would be a Radisson bus for us in 2 minutes, and sure enough there was. So.......a rough start, but better after a comment from me.

The price was right, $68 for the week and the return back from the port smooth as silk. So, I MIGHT give them another try. If the service is as rude a second time, that's it.

Hope that helps.

Linda
LJC1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

I will echo what the previous poster said about Park Port Canaveral. The price was great but what a total cluster. This was a year ago.

Upon arrival pulled around the building and there was nobody to direct us. We dropped me & the 4 teens by the curb then waited for my hubby & brother to go park. Employees, sounds like the same woman previously mentioned, were barking orders to everyone. Luggage here! Get on the bus! They just kept yelling the same stuff over and over. And not nice at all even when we tried to be polite to the staff.

I went inside to make sure everything was square since we prepaid. When I came out a man & woman were steady barking orders at everyone. My hubby and brother were trying to see that our bags got loaded on the bus with us. They were HELPING but got barked at to get on the bus, they would get our bags.

The bus was pretty full but we still had to stop by the Radisson where the front entrance was a complete zoo of families waiting with luggage for a transfer. So many! There were at least 3 other buses there but nobody seemed to know what was going on. It was total chaos. They squeezed a family of 3 in with us, my hubby & brother stood so they could sit. The lady & I were talking and she seemed quite disgusted with their experience.

We got to the curb at the terminal and the bags were unloaded. We were missing one. Great. Hubby finally was able to get someone back at the lot on the phone. It was Miss Sunshine herself. Yep, the missing bag was left sitting right where we left it. She totally chewed my hubby over the phone, asking why he left it behind. Hello! They ordered us all in the bus and said they would get it. They didn't! They sent the bag on the next bus over.

Return??? There was a veeeery long line of people with a lot of bags waiting to go back to the lot. The family in front of us said they'd been waiting 45 minutes & had watched 2 buses come & go with no room. The next bus they loaded up but there wasn't room for all 7 of us or our luggage. They allowed my husband & brother to ride over (standing) then the guys brought the cars back curbside to pick up the 4 teens & me.

The experience we had with Park Port Canaveral was terrible beginning to end. NEVER again. I saved like $60 parking with them but I'd rather pay double and have a stress-free beginning & end to my cruise. I personally wouldn't send anyone I liked to that place. Can't speak for other offsite parking places. I'm almost afraid to try any of the others in the future.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder

Last edited by sweetpee_1993; 06-04-2014 at 04:49 PM.
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #9
Capt_BJ
So Many Times

I use Park N Cruise

always friendly and fast IME

if you use a map they are the same distance from any terminal plus/minus 150 yards

Park Port C is the Radisson and altho they have more shuttles they subcontract them out to others . .

With ANY service using a shuttle there is ALWAYS the chance that one JUST LEFT ... that's the law of probability. Do you feel better if a new one rolls up as one leaves? OK ... but it may not leave for 20 minutes . . .

Park Port C lot IS paved while P n C is gravel and IME always overflowing .. .

WDW more than I can count incl EPCOT opening
40+ cruises including
DCL x 7 incl inaugural years of Magic and Wonder
retired 29 yr USCG, 12 years at sea, 4 in Command
Capt_BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC1861 View Post
For our most recent cruise, the 5/3/14 Fantasy sailing we used Park Port Canaveral.

While the price was great the greeting that we got upon arrival was less than stellar. The Owner was rather rude, stating that she had "no earthly idea HOW long it was going to be" for the shuttle bus to arrive. (This, when the printed info states 20 or so minutes between shuttles.) I was only asking to see if she knew when the previous one had left so I knew about how long I might be waiting in the rain.....

She grabbed the reservation confirmation and payment voucher form out of my hand and didn't say much more. I stood there, not sure if she was finished with me or not and then she rudely looked up and said " You can go...."

I said as I left, a little louder than I probably intended...." I will NEVER use this company again!" With that, she was hustling herself outside, with a walkie talkie in her hand, talking into it and quickly came to assist us with our luggage. There happened to be a parking space right in front, which we grabbed and she said with a laugh, " I ordered that one right up for you!!" She then said that there would be a Radisson bus for us in 2 minutes, and sure enough there was. So.......a rough start, but better after a comment from me.

The price was right, $68 for the week and the return back from the port smooth as silk. So, I MIGHT give them another try. If the service is as rude a second time, that's it.

Hope that helps.

Linda
Thanks, Linda! This sounds exactly like my experience with Park N Cruise. Hmmm.......maybe they're all the same due to the stress of parking and loading and shuttling lots of people in the mornings.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
I will echo what the previous poster said about Park Port Canaveral. The price was great but what a total cluster. This was a year ago.

Upon arrival pulled around the building and there was nobody to direct us. We dropped me & the 4 teens by the curb then waited for my hubby & brother to go park. Employees, sounds like the same woman previously mentioned, were barking orders to everyone. Luggage here! Get on the bus! They just kept yelling the same stuff over and over. And not nice at all even when we tried to be polite to the staff.

I went inside to make sure everything was square since we prepaid. When I came out a man & woman were steady barking orders at everyone. My hubby and brother were trying to see that our bags got loaded on the bus with us. They were HELPING but got barked at to get on the bus, they would get our bags.

The bus was pretty full but we still had to stop by the Radisson where the front entrance was a complete zoo of families waiting with luggage for a transfer. So many! There were at least 3 other buses there but nobody seemed to know what was going on. It was total chaos. They squeezed a family of 3 in with us, my hubby & brother stood so they could sit. The lady & I were talking and she seemed quite disgusted with their experience.

We got to the curb at the terminal and the bags were unloaded. We were missing one. Great. Hubby finally was able to get someone back at the lot on the phone. It was Miss Sunshine herself. Yep, the missing bag was left sitting right where we left it. She totally chewed my hubby over the phone, asking why he left it behind. Hello! They ordered us all in the bus and said they would get it. They didn't! They sent the bag on the next bus over.

Return??? There was a veeeery long line of people with a lot of bags waiting to go back to the lot. The family in front of us said they'd been waiting 45 minutes & had watched 2 buses come & go with no room. The next bus they loaded up but there wasn't room for all 7 of us or our luggage. They allowed my husband & brother to ride over (standing) then the guys brought the cars back curbside to pick up the 4 teens & me.

The experience we had with Park Port Canaveral was terrible beginning to end. NEVER again. I saved like $60 parking with them but I'd rather pay double and have a stress-free beginning & end to my cruise. I personally wouldn't send anyone I liked to that place. Can't speak for other offsite parking places. I'm almost afraid to try any of the others in the future.
Ugh, sounds awful! Park n Cruise was NOT that bad, so I may just stick with them.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #12
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, sounds awful! Park n Cruise was NOT that bad, so I may just stick with them.
It really was. I was so disappointed and irritated.

So when you say "Park n Cruise was not that bad", does this mean they were less than great? I'm interested in other options in Port Canaveral and I may work up the nerve to try offsite again.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 Disneyland sans kids
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:20 AM   #13
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

We have always had good experiences with Park n Cruise. Our interactions with the employees have always been fine and they have always provided exactly what was promised...a place to park at a reasonable rate. We will happily use them for future PC cruises.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #14
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

We have completed 4 cruises from PC. The last one was last month. We have always used Park N Cruise. Only one out of the four did we have to wait at the terminal for about 25 minutes before a shuttle came along to get us. We will continue to use them until if / when we have a bad experience.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
kevinsanity
Earning My Ears

Quote:

)
We used Park Port Canaveral in 2013. We had to wait 5 minutes on a shuttle when we first parked, but they were all super friendly. On the return a bus was waiting, but got full before we could get on. We waited maybe another 10 minutes for the next and the driver had been alerted to the "family that just missed the previous bus" and made sure we were the first ones on. I'd use them again. Very stress free and cheap, so why not use the savings to buy a drink on board?
kevinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: