Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2014, 12:22 AM   #136
nrexxma44
Earning My Ears

Amazing and Engaging!!!!

Can i just say WOW!!!! I just sat here and read thru your entire trip report....and i want to thank you. We are booked on the members cruise to Alaska in may 2015 and after reading your report I wish we were leaving tomorrow.
I love your descriptions of each port, and your pictures are part amazing and breathtaking...

I was on the fence about Alaska, booked because my husband solo wanted to go and i love to cruise, and after your trip report i am now counting the days.

Hope you won't mind when i pester you with questions when i start to plan!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #137
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrexxma44 View Post
Can i just say WOW!!!! I just sat here and read thru your entire trip report....and i want to thank you. We are booked on the members cruise to Alaska in may 2015 and after reading your report I wish we were leaving tomorrow.
I love your descriptions of each port, and your pictures are part amazing and breathtaking...

I was on the fence about Alaska, booked because my husband solo wanted to go and i love to cruise, and after your trip report i am now counting the days.

Hope you won't mind when i pester you with questions when i start to plan!
Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

You will love Alaska and the time will fly by. Don't worry about the questions, I will be happy to help if I can.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #138
jenf22
DIS Veteran

I'm a little late, but just wanted to say "thanks" for the great trip report! We were in room 7618 on our Alaskan cruise in 2012 and loved it. I loved seeing your pictures, especially Sitka which we didn't get to visit. Now I really want to go back!
Jewel of the Seas Southern Caribbean - October 2014
Fantasy Western Caribbean - September 2013
Wonder Alaskan - September 2012
Magic Bahamian - May 2012
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #139
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
I'm a little late, but just wanted to say "thanks" for the great trip report! We were in room 7618 on our Alaskan cruise in 2012 and loved it. I loved seeing your pictures, especially Sitka which we didn't get to visit. Now I really want to go back!
Thanks! Yeah, we really want to go back too! Some day.

We loved 7618 and especially love being near the aft of the ship.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #140
Willbrook
Earning My Ears

Great pictures. Makes me want to go back. We went in 2011 and had an amazing time.
Willbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #142
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Finished reading your entire report!!!

I finished reading your report. I couldn't stop! I think I found your TR Saturday evening. I loved all of your photos! I feel compelled to comment, but I don't know where to start. I will try my best.

One day we hope to have our family of 4 do a DCL Alaskan cruise. I admit, I love tropical weather... that's my idea of a cruise. My DH REALLY wants to go on one. I've been reading Alaskan TR's and now I'm tempted. We already have 2 short cruises booked for next year. We're thinking for 2016 we will either do our home resort Aulani or DVC cruise (hopefully they'll repeat Alaska like they are doing in 2015). By then, DD will be almost 9 and DS will be 5. I would just worry about the terrain and all the walking.

I loved your nature photos. You did such a great job explaining the background and I loved the images. I loved seeing the whales, seals, eagles, and especially the orcas. I loved seeing the beautiful scenery. The blue in the ice was especially amazing.

I had to show my DH about how yours went on that excursion of deadliest catch. He would TOTALLY do that!

I would also stay at the Pan Pacific and hopefully Wonder would embark and disembark at Canada Place.

Thanks again for sharing!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:01 PM   #143
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
I finished reading your report. I couldn't stop! I think I found your TR Saturday evening. I loved all of your photos! I feel compelled to comment, but I don't know where to start. I will try my best.

One day we hope to have our family of 4 do a DCL Alaskan cruise. I admit, I love tropical weather... that's my idea of a cruise. My DH REALLY wants to go on one. I've been reading Alaskan TR's and now I'm tempted. We already have 2 short cruises booked for next year. We're thinking for 2016 we will either do our home resort Aulani or DVC cruise (hopefully they'll repeat Alaska like they are doing in 2015). By then, DD will be almost 9 and DS will be 5. I would just worry about the terrain and all the walking.

I loved your nature photos. You did such a great job explaining the background and I loved the images. I loved seeing the whales, seals, eagles, and especially the orcas. I loved seeing the beautiful scenery. The blue in the ice was especially amazing.

I had to show my DH about how yours went on that excursion of deadliest catch. He would TOTALLY do that!

I would also stay at the Pan Pacific and hopefully Wonder would embark and disembark at Canada Place.

Thanks again for sharing!
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my report. I think you should give into your DH and go to Alaska, you won't regret it. I guess it depends on excursions you choose, but I think we spent more time on the water than we did walking. The walking wasn't bad because it was mostly on level ground. I think you're kids would get a kick out of Alaska. I know my 13 year old loved it!

I would go back to Vancouver again in a heartbeat. It was a great city and we only saw a very small part of it.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #144
sherpasmom
I dream in Disney

Thank you so very much for taking the time to do this wonderful trip report. I have just started planning my daughter's post 8th grade trip (she's in 6th now), and I can't think of a more wonderful gift than this very cruise. I have relatives doing Alaska June 2015 on Princess, but after reading your trip I just don't think I could bring myself to not do Disney. I think I would miss my magic!

I will definitely be looking forward to your next TR. I've subbed to this thread, so I won't lose you! Thanks again, especially for sharing your photos. They are stunning!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #145
Kholtdis
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing!
Kholtdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #146
Love2Cruz
Mouseketeer

Wow, you got to see such amazing wild life! This only cements my desire to cruise Alaska one day...I think it will be my DD 10th birthday gift!!
Love2Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #147
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpasmom View Post
Thank you so very much for taking the time to do this wonderful trip report. I have just started planning my daughter's post 8th grade trip (she's in 6th now), and I can't think of a more wonderful gift than this very cruise. I have relatives doing Alaska June 2015 on Princess, but after reading your trip I just don't think I could bring myself to not do Disney. I think I would miss my magic!

I will definitely be looking forward to your next TR. I've subbed to this thread, so I won't lose you! Thanks again, especially for sharing your photos. They are stunning!
I am so happy you found my trip report. Your daughter will love Alaska. Mine did and wants to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholtdis View Post
Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Cruz View Post
Wow, you got to see such amazing wild life! This only cements my desire to cruise Alaska one day...I think it will be my DD 10th birthday gift!!
Thanks for reading. I hope you get to go. It is so worth it!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #148
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Thanks so much for your awesome trip report....we are booked on the August 24, 2015 Alaskan cruise on the wonder and I was so happy to see all of your photos and read your story....cannot wait till we are there! We were thinking of booking at the pan pacific also...

Did you book direct with them or did you use Hotwire etc?

Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #149
disneyfaninaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
Thanks so much for your awesome trip report....we are booked on the August 24, 2015 Alaskan cruise on the wonder and I was so happy to see all of your photos and read your story....cannot wait till we are there! We were thinking of booking at the pan pacific also...

Did you book direct with them or did you use Hotwire etc?

Thanks again for sharing your trip!
Thanks for reading!

I actually booked directly with the Pan Pacific about 11 months out and got a AAA rate.

You'll love Alaska!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #150
Donald & Daisy Duck
I even put ketchup on my tag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfaninaz View Post
Thanks for reading! I actually booked directly with the Pan Pacific about 11 months out and got a AAA rate. You'll love Alaska!
Thanks...I know I will especially after reading your TR .... Pan pacific booking direct is $375 or more per night....worth it?

Donald & Daisy Duck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: