Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #16
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

On our 2nd night, we were at Lumiere's, for the Prince & Princess menu....

Someone got the polenta cake....

The Duck and cheese quesadilla was pretty good...

I don't remember liking the potato & sausage soup. Vegetables were really firm (almost hard)....

Entrée menu....

I knew my wife would order the Tom Turkey...she liked it!

New York strip

I had the pasta, and I thought it was very good....

Lamb....

Dessert menu, but I must have been so excited to eat dessert, that I forgot to take a picture of it!

After dinner, we went to Fathoms to see Improv Shmimprov (think Who's Line Is It Anyway). This was a family show, and they were getting suggestions from the kids, and one of the guys would run out into the audience to hear a kids suggestion, so for that reason, it was a little slow....

After the show, we walked out the back of Fathoms to O'Gills to check out the snacks....

more snacks at O'Gills....

Last picture of the day was of the tv map. Getting ready for 6 straight days at sea. I wanted to go to Match Your Mate. But I was just too tired.
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 PM   #17
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

On our first day at sea, we had a Palo Brunch reservation. Me and my wife haven't done dinner at Palo in 3 or 4 years. We like brunch better than dinner. Our server was Sylvester, and he was one of the best servers we've ever had. But, even though he knew we had been many times, he wanted to bring our group things he liked. Per others recommendations, we tried a grape & gorgonzola pizza a few years ago, but we didn't really care for it. So after we had went to the buffet, a grape & gorgonzola pizza showed up at our table....

I tried it again, and I still don't care for it. Sylvester also brought us a Margherita pizza. I've had this before, and we always like this type of pizza...

After the pizza, Sylvester showed up with a bowl of cinnamon buns with whipped cream. Love the cinnamon buns!

One of my favorites, the eggs benedict. You can tell I loved it, because I had almost finished it off, before I remembered to take a picture!

I ordered the veal dish. I love this. It's so good.

My wife ordered the Chicken Parmesan. I'm definitely a fan of this!

I ordered the tomato soup. But this time it seemed a little bitter, and no sweetness at all....

I grabbed a tiramisu...

Got back to the room, and took a picture of the tv map....

I guess they only print these on the long cruises, but they had these "newspapers" where the extra navigators are located near Guest Services.

There was also a gift in our room. The 15 year anniversary cokes.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #18
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great report so far! I am dying to do one of these longer cruises so I'm very interested in reading about your experiences.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Almost every day, we would hang out near the pool. The good thing about a long cruise (I did the Panama Canal on the Wonder in 2012), there are less kids. The bad thing is, with more adults, the adult pool is more crowded. People were watching if you left your lounger near the pool, and if you started to "pack up" and leave, usually someone would approach you, and ask if you were leaving. Our menu at dinner that night was Taste of the Caribbean...

Someone got the quiche....

I got the spiced seafood soup and it was okay....

Someone got the conch fritters, and they were pretty good. The tossed field greens salad is below....

Main courses....

Seafood fettuccine

My wife didn't see anything she liked, so she ordered the baked chicken.

I had this. It was the Pan Fried Veal. Very good. My wife got some sour cream for her baked potato, and I used some for my potatoes, and it was so good.

My niece got the chicken sausage and grits. I tried it, and it tasted good.

Outside of the dessert menu....

Dessert menu....

Someone got the upside down pudding, and I don't remember any good comments for this dessert....

Creole Sundae....

Snacks in O'Gill's....

Toppings for the nachos and cheese....

We went to the Walt Disney Theater, to watch Lynn Trefzger. It started off a little slow, but then she got some audience members on stage, and it was very funny....

Took a picture before the show began....

At 10:30pm, we went to Fathom's to watch the adult show of Improv Shmimprov. It was better than the family show they did the day before....
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 PM   #20
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Our 2nd day at sea started with breakfast at Cabanas. Notice how smooth the water is. I'm sitting in my new favorite area of Cabanas. As you enter Cabanas, it's in the back, left corner. This area is semi-circular where you have a great view of the water. I loved sitting there.

After breakfast, I went to Animator's Palate. Chuck Richardson had a different lecture each day, and this was the first day I went. He was a nice guy, just a little "dry" at times. One of his favorite hobbies is taking pictures of mushrooms.

Here's Chuck near the start of his presentation. They taped each presentation, and you could watch it on tv in your room....

Later in the day, I went to the D Lounge for the Oil & Vinegar seminar. I did this same seminar on the Panama Canal cruise, and I thought it was interesting. But this one was not as good. Love the new re-imagined D Lounge.
I took this picture a few minutes before it started.

On the seminar on the Panama Canal cruise, they told us what combinations tasted the best (to dip our bread into), but on this one, they talked about olive oil, and then they talked about vinegar, and that was the end....

Got back to our room and our Castaway Club gift had been delivered. We got the chocolates.

TV map....Next up is the Villains Dinner menu.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 PM   #21
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Appetizer menu....

Cheese ravioli was good....

Didn't really care for the scallops....

Romaine salad....

Dinner menu....

NY strip....

Turkey....

Our head server grabbed our camera, and took a picture of himself....

Outside of the dessert menu....

Dessert menu....

Crepe Suzettes were good....

Sweet tempatations....

Apple & Blueberry pitiviers....
Old 06-14-2014, 03:43 AM   #22
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Wow, that food looks so good!

Another great update
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #23
NHPixidust
Mouseketeer

We're going on the Westbound TA in September so this is very helpful. Thank you for posting your report! Subscribing so I can follow along!
Renee'

Me DH 200 years too late

1987 Off Property
Jan 99 ASMU, Jan 01 ASMO, Nov/Dec 01 ASMU, Jan 03 Pop Century, Sept 05 Beach Club-C, Aug 06 CBR, Oct 07 Pop, May 09 BCV, Dec 09 BCV, Oct 10 DCL/BCV, Jan 11 BCV, Dec 11 BCV, May 12 OKW, Sept 12 OKW, Sept 13 BCV, Jan 14 OKW/BCV
NHPixidust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #24
RAD
DIS Veteran

Just curious, what TV channels are available while you're out I'm the middle of nowhere?
Old 06-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #25
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD View Post
Just curious, what TV channels are available while you're out I'm the middle of nowhere?
Actually, I didn't watch that much tv. But, the last day of the cruise, I watched the BBC channel, so I could see what the weather was going to be in Munich, Germany. Sorry The majority of my tv watching, were Disney animated movies. Wish that the Magic had the DVR, similar to the Dream. It's nice to start a movie, and stop it, and start the movie at the same spot you left off.

After dinner that night, we went to the D lounge to watch Who wants to be a Mouseketeer. After that, we went to the Villain's show....

On our next day at sea, I went back to Chuck Richardson's presentation....

Then up to Cabana's for a late breakfast....

Stopped by the drink station on deck 9....

Every day at Pete's Boiler Bites (does anyone like that name better than Pluto's Dog House?), they had a different special. One day it was a BBQ sandwich, a Philly Cheesesteak, breaded chicken sandwich, Chili bowl with cornbread, and a Mexican hot dog (I think?)....

To the left of Pete's, they served Shawarma. Here is a list of the toppings....

The Shawarma was one of my favorite snacks I had. I think I got one 3 times. I always got tatziki and lettuce, on pita. One day I ordered it, and I told the guy I wanted the Shawarma, and he said they didn't have Shawarma today, but the meat was on the skewer (as shown below), so I guess it was beef and/or lamb, like a Gyro. (not sure) But it was still good....

Captain America came on at 12:15, so I watched it. Very good movie. I liked it so much, that I watch it later in the cruise. That's the good thing about a long cruise, you have more time to watch movies (if you want)....

After the move, I headed to Cabana's for lunch....
Old 06-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #26
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Great report :-)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY VISITS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL OffsiteDec'14-DLP SL
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #27
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like another fun day onboard.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #28
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Looks like we're about halfway to Funchal, Madiera....

Transatlantic Menu....

My daughter and Niece went to Palo's this night (both of them had never been), so it was just me and my wife for dinner (so less pictures). First up, was the cheese and bacon tartlet....

Dinner menu....

I had the Lobster Tail....

And my wife had the prime rib....

Outside cover of the dessert menu....

Dessert menu....

Wife had the sundae...

And I had the Sweet Tempatations....
Old 06-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #29
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Went by the Port Adventures desk, and I noticed that this area had been re-imagined also....

In Fathoms, when you enter the main entrance, and turn left, this is what this area looks like. Really like this....

Kyle Knight & Mistie did a magic show in the Walt Disney Theater. Before the show, he had a chest that everyone got to inspect. It was used in the show....

The magic show was good, and at 10:45, Lynn Trefzger did an adult show in Fathoms....

After the show, I checked out O'Gill's, and they had pork dumplings for snacks....

On our 4th day at sea, me and my wife went to Lumiere's for brunch....

I had a blueberry Danish, and it was delicious....

I ordered the steak & eggs. It was okay. The steak was a little tough.

After our meal, I went to Animator's Palate to listen to another one of Chuck Richardson's presentations....

We were almost over the longest mountain range on earth. I learned this during one of Chuck's presentations. Mid-Atlantic Ridge....

Earlier in the cruise, I went to Guest Services, and asked if there were any special "behind the scenes" tours that were going to given in the Walt Disney Theater, or the galley. They told me that Galley tours were available. They told me what times were available, and they printed 4 tickets for me. We met Joshie at the side entrance to Lumiere's at our designated time....

Here is my ticket for the Galley tour....

We walked in, and gathered at the center of the restaurant, while one of the cast members gave a short speech....

The chefs for each restaurant were waiting to give tours....

Our tour guide was the chef of Animator's Palate (Gary from England). We exited Lumiere's thru the door the servers use to the kitchen...

The first area was for hot foods....

I noticed that even the kitchen has porthole windows....

I turned around, and took a picture of the area we had just walked thru...

My favorite part. Fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies. This gentleman (Marshall) is the Executive Pastry chef, in charge of all desserts. Needless to say, everybody immediately liked this guy

These doorways separated the 2 kitchens (Lumiere's and Carioca's)

There was a guy in our group, that told the chef his soup was always cold at dinner, and he couldn't find anything he liked at breakfast. I feel sorry for the crew that have to put up with people whose glasses are "half empty"! The guy that said this, is not in this photo....

Drink area. This particular area, was right near the exit going in to Carioca's...

Last edited by BigJon; 06-17-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #30
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

Hot food area for Carioca's....

Dishwashing machines next to the exit to Carioca's....

Exit from the kitchen to Carioca's. There are pictures on the wall, that show what the servers wear for each "theme" night...

Once I exited into Carioca's, I turned around and took this picture....

Chef Gary made some closing comments, and answered questions, while I took a picture of an empty Carioca's....

I had taken a galley tour several years ago, and it was interesting to take another tour. Check with Guest Services when you board the ship, and check on these free tours...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: