Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
phil1914
Earning My Ears

ticket upgrade options for return visit

we've currently got 2d park hoppers (purchased thru rundisney's travel agent get travel) to use on aug 29 and 30 during the half marathon weekend. as luck would have it, we've got to be in town again in september and were thinking of squeezing in another park visit on sept 13. from what i've read, tickets must be used 14 days from first use (aug 29 for us) so i think a sept 13 visit would be just past that window. is there any scenario (other than shifting our august park days) that would allow us to take advantage of savings from a 3 day hopper?

phil1914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
jkolkemo
Earning My Ears

Sadly I don't think it will work. That leaves you 29th, 30th, 31st. If you plan on the 13th. That is 13 days in September. That puts you at 16 days, your ticket would run out on Sept. 11th.
jkolkemo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, there is no "non-expiring" option for DLR tickets. About the only thing I can think of it to upgrade the tickets to APs (if possible), but that probably isn't cost effective for you.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #4
zanzibar138
DIS Veteran

We are in a similar situation. We'll be there over half marathon weekend, then doing a road trip around SoCal, then returning for the 2nd week of September. My passes had to encompass the beginning and end dates of 26th August and 16th September.

To start with, we weren't planning to use our tickets on half marathon weekend, but now DH has to leave early and won't be able to join us for the 2nd stay at DLR. I looked into all available options, and there was just no way to be able to use the one ticket for both trips.

DH is going to get a measly 2 1/2 days out of his 10 day hopper. Yay for Disney's non-refundable, non-transferable policy

I'm upgrading mine to a deluxe AP, upgrading on the Saturday of half marathon weekend so I can get access to the park that day.

My parents decided to just buy a discounted single park one day ticket to join us at DL after the 10k.

I doubt it would be worth it financially for you to upgrade, unless you're planning on visiting again in the next year. For me, the cost of upgrading is less than the combined cost of the 10 day hopper I already have plus a 2 day single park ticket to join DH in the parks, so it was kind of a no-brainer.

TRIPS TAKEN
March 2011 DLR Engagement (HoJo & Peacock Suites) TR - March 2012 HKDL Honeymoon (HKDL Hotel) TR - Feb 2013 DLP (Hotel l'Elysee) & HKDL (Hollywood Hotel) TR - Aug/Sep 2014 RunDisney 10k DLR (DI&S & Portofino) TR

TRIPS IN PLANNING
Sep 2015 RunDisney Half DLR PTR - 2016 Shanghai Disneyland Opening Day PTR
zanzibar138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: