Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #31
paperboy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Traveler View Post
Not to upstage ArizonaRita (same cruise - squirrel!) but our table had a blast with Yayan and Kayann. They had a good sense of humor and when one of our table mates asked for a special Filipino meal prepared, they accommodated us. They also didn't bat an eye when our table of 8 adults each ordered multiples of each course each night.
That was me that made the request

Good hearing from you SK Traveler, we miss you already!

Indeed, we had a good serving team. Additionally, we had great experiences with other servers from the other meals, including Mladen from Palo, and Rochelle, Ozzy, and a few others.
paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #32
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK Traveler View Post
Not to upstage ArizonaRita (same cruise - squirrel!) but our table had a blast with Yayan and Kayann. They had a good sense of humor and when one of our table mates asked for a special Filipino meal prepared, they accommodated us. They also didn't bat an eye when our table of 8 adults each ordered multiples of each course each night.
Clearly, you are using the term "adults" loosely. After reading the "worst table mates thread" I was highly concerned. But I loved my tablemates. I looked forward to dinner every night and I don't even like food. Disney really did a great job with our pairing of 8 "adults"

sweetlovin' is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #33
nancipants
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
According to all the information I have for the 7-night cruises, the rotations are:

PTTAPTA
TAAPTAP
APPTAPT

Formal night is the 2nd night - Sea Day
Semi-Formal night is the 5th night - Juneau

HTH
It does, thank you!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:23 PM   #34
The Hunchback
Earning My Ears

Also Just off the Wonder from Alsask

We just left the Wonder yesterday also. I wanted to add to RitaA list of good Disney Staff. We had Sunil and Joy as servers. They were great and handled our special orders most willingly. Our stateroom Host was Cipto. Our room was so clean it shined.

Tracy Arms day was not bad if you are from Colorado as we are. We had brought light down jackets and actually took them off until we headed to the bow and the wind came up. I was a little sad we did not get closer to the glacier but there was a lot of ice floating in the way. Safety is always first for Disney.

I did not see much in the way of upgrades to the ship. She needs a good refit when she does dry dock. She still is a classic vessel worth sailing on.

Warning!! It took us five hour hours to make it from the door of the airport to the airplane. I showed my passport 9 times. Boarding pass 7 times. We were always asked about what we had purchased in Canada and Alaska. We spent very little. There were always long waits and short staff at all locations.

United is being very picky on the weight and size of luggage. The carry on must drop cleanly into their box and not touch the sides. We were in compliance with the signs but touched the box. They tried to make us check the bag for another $35.00. I disagreed and we were allowed to take it on. Do not put anything in the front pockets of the bag or you will have the same problem. You are given the honor of hauling your checked luggage to customs and lifting it on to the loading belt. Use the free carts as this whole process is long and wearing.
The Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #35
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
It means you don't have to remove your card key from your lanyard/bag/cleavage to get into your room and it also means you don't have to worry about accidentally demagnetizing your card by having it too close to your wave phone.
Hehe. Doors everywhere are going to get 'bumped'!
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #36
mullertwin
Tigger Lover

I'm loving this information thus far, especially the flight info about United and the 5 hour trek through the airport!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #37
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

Being from Arizona, we wantwantwant, to go somewhere colder.
We have been on 5 other DCL cruises and all warmer places. If you are not into cold, Alaska may not be for you.
You are right ImprovGirl, that was DVC, we missed CC due to Palo brunch.
Sorry about that!
True about the door. DH liked it and I still took my card out every time and pressed it against the lock.
Arizona Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #38
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunchback View Post
We just left the Wonder yesterday also. I wanted to add to RitaA list of good Disney Staff. We had Sunil and Joy as servers. They were great and handled our special orders most willingly. Our stateroom Host was Cipto. Our room was so clean it shined.

Tracy Arms day was not bad if you are from Colorado as we are. We had brought light down jackets and actually took them off until we headed to the bow and the wind came up. I was a little sad we did not get closer to the glacier but there was a lot of ice floating in the way. Safety is always first for Disney.

I did not see much in the way of upgrades to the ship. She needs a good refit when she does dry dock. She still is a classic vessel worth sailing on.

Warning!! It took us five hour hours to make it from the door of the airport to the airplane. I showed my passport 9 times. Boarding pass 7 times. We were always asked about what we had purchased in Canada and Alaska. We spent very little. There were always long waits and short staff at all locations.

United is being very picky on the weight and size of luggage. The carry on must drop cleanly into their box and not touch the sides. We were in compliance with the signs but touched the box. They tried to make us check the bag for another $35.00. I disagreed and we were allowed to take it on. Do not put anything in the front pockets of the bag or you will have the same problem. You are given the honor of hauling your checked luggage to customs and lifting it on to the loading belt. Use the free carts as this whole process is long and wearing.
What time was your flight out? My dad is flying out the night we return around 10:30pm so just trying to plan what time he needs to be at the airport. Thanks!

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #39
The Hunchback
Earning My Ears

Flight time

Flight was at 1:31 PM

We left the ship at 8:00 AM. Bus ride was about 20 minutes. We just made the flight. If you do not have to dispute carry-on luggage size with United you may have time for a quick grab and go lunch.

Remember, no food may be taken on or off the ship.

Good luck to your dad.
The Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #40
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
I really don't do well in the cold...that's why we live in Southern California.
You know what's weird, on our DCL Alaskan I brought a bunch of warm clothes and it was SOOOOO HOT during our cruise. I have pictures of me wearing tank tops and shorts on Skagway and Juneau days. My DD was sweating during our hike to Nugget Falls and my DH tied his ski jacket around his waist. We looked so weird in all our pictures.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #41
dbarker
Mouseketeer
You can't miss my DH. He's a big burly USMC redneck w/ a fanny pack and acting like a kid who can't wait for the next ride at WDW.

Thanks for the airport info.

We are flying into / out of Vancouver through DCL. We cruise in Aug and I don't have my flight info yet. I have been looking for lots of info on the debarkation process and airport / flight info.
dbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #42
stewtyl
Earning My Ears

Are they still doing the Castaway Cay 5k??

Thanks
Old 06-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #43
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewtyl View Post
Are they still doing the Castaway Cay 5k??

Thanks
Probably not on the glaicer Sorry, I couldn't resist. This is probably the wrong thread for that question. But I believe yes, they do CC 5k all the time if the ship docks.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #44
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Flight was at 1:31 PM

We left the ship at 8:00 AM. Bus ride was about 20 minutes. We just made the flight. If you do not have to dispute carry-on luggage size with United you may have time for a quick grab and go lunch.

Remember, no food may be taken on or off the ship.

Good luck to your dad.
Thanks for the info!!

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #45
Made Up Name
Mouseketeer

Quote:
W
Vancouver airport? Who did you show your passport 9 times to? Who was asking you about your purchases?
Made Up Name is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: