Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #1156
DLM462
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
I think the odds of getting a Trinidad North room are significantly higher now that they're converting the other rooms to queen beds. Trinidad North is all pirate rooms, and they have double beds and no Murphys. I say give it a try.

To answer a previous poster's question, the pirate beds are quite hard. If you like a soft mattress, it's not for you.

We did the pirate room last trip and have mixed reviews. We thought it was great fun but really don't want to stay in one again. If we refuse an 'upgrade' will they give us a hard time?
Pirate Rooms are in Trinidad South not Trinidad North.
DLM462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #1157
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2DisneyKids View Post
We just booked 9 nights (December 17-26) at CBR!

We have only stayed at values before, so we are extremely excited to bump up to CBR! We were at ASMo March 2012 and POP last Christmas. So three years in a row at the House of Mouse!

I booked yesterday and have sat and read every page here about everything CBR! Can't wait! Thanks for all of your valuable info, pictures and thoughts. I'm such a planner and can't wait to see it in person!
Welcome! I've added your dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenai1972 View Post
My 19 year daughter and I will be staying at CBR December 11-17th. This is our first time staying at any resort other than POR and are very excited to see CBR.
Welcome! I've added you to the log. We're POR fans that absolutely fell in love with CBR after our first stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp View Post
I am really excited about CBR being an option for a family of 5, we have never stayed at CBR before. I'm not clear though, which buildings will have the murphy beds and of the ones that do, which location would be the closest to the main building. Or will all buildings have some rooms with murphy beds?
Until it's completed we don't know for sure. But the rooms with Murphy beds are sprinkled throughout each building that have been completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimieko View Post
Thanks! My dates are actually the 16th - 22nd. ( I guess I was trying to add a couple of days!)
I've fixed your dates!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #1158
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think the odds of getting a Trinidad North room are significantly higher now that they're converting the other rooms to queen beds. Trinidad North is all pirate rooms, and they have double beds and no Murphys. I say give it a try.
Actually, the Pirate Room are in Trinidad South. Trinidad North is a preferred location that is part of the refurb.

Quote:
If we refuse an 'upgrade' will they give us a hard time?
No they will not.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #1159
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:

To answer a previous poster's question, the pirate beds are quite hard. If you like a soft mattress, it's not for you.

We did the pirate room last trip and have mixed reviews. We thought it was great fun but really don't want to stay in one again. If we refuse an 'upgrade' will they give us a hard time?
The pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, but I do not think you'll need to worry about an upgrade anytime soon this year. CBR is either completely booked or at capacity for the rooms available well into December. It could be the Free Dining. Not sure. I would take an upgrade in a hot minute, but that's because we have two young boys who would love it, and we already booked the Preferred Water Room. They could also be working on other areas of refurbishment, it's hard to tell right now. I plan to ask a LOT of questions when I get there in September.

Last edited by Princess_Nikki; 07-14-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Princess_Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:47 PM   #1160
kelly3927
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Nikki View Post
The pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, but I do not think you'll need to worry about an upgrade anytime soon this year. CBR is either completely booked or at capacity for the rooms available well into December. It could be the Free Dining. Not sure. I would take an upgrade in a hot minute, but that's because we have two young boys who would love it, and we already booked the Preferred Water Room. They could also be working on other areas of refurbishment, it's hard to tell right now. I plan to ask a LOT of questions when I get there in September.
How do you know it's completely booked? I have checked several dates and it's showing available. Some dates even still show FD available.
kelly3927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #1161
DLM462
Earning My Ears

Count me in

We will be there September 18-28th.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #1162
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM462 View Post
We will be there September 18-28th.
Welcome! You've been counted.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #1163
gtm
Earning My Ears

We'll be returning to CB in April 2015 for 14 nights. First time back at the CB since our Honeymoon in 2006. Stayed in Jamaica 44 then and we're hoping to get Jamaica again with a refurb room.
gtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #1164
red712371
Mouseketeer

Hi.

My husband and I are planning on getting a king room and were going to ask for Jamaica for a renovated room. Are they renovating the king size rooms, too? Also, is there any certain view that we should ask for? Anything that we should know? We first went here for our honeymoon many, many years ago, so this should be fun.

Thanks!
red712371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #1165
DLM462
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they will let you use a sweeper? I am using space saver bags to pack so that I am not filing my parents car with just my luggage. They take the train from Lorton and we all put our luggage in it to save on baggage fees ( it also gives us a vehicle to get around in case we want to drive instead of Disney Transportation) plus we pack some water and pop (husband is a Mountain Dew fanatic and says it doesn't taste the same if we buy it there). I have the ones that you roll and take the air out of that way and the ones that you need a sweeper to suck the air out of. Just needed to know if they would let me use a sweeper. Thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #1166
Princess_Nikki
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3927 View Post
How do you know it's completely booked? I have checked several dates and it's showing available. Some dates even still show FD available.
I'm referring only to CBR going by the dates Disney has listed on their website. If you go under the offer details for FREE dining, then choose moderate resorts, the available dates will pop up. Only one available for CBR is Nov. 20th.

You can use this link to see the free dining availability at each resort: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/sp...1651_282903773

Last edited by Princess_Nikki; 07-14-2014 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Corrected information
Princess_Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #1167
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I recently got the chance to see parts of Carribean Beach (was taking the bus from Typhoon Lagoon to Downtown Disney, picked up the first bus I saw) and I thought it was beautiful.

I was wondering if the resort was usually part of the offers (20-25-35% off or Free Dining) ...

I would really like to try it next year. Especially since they are currently in refurbishments.

It looks great.

Oct 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Nov 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:41 PM   #1168
sbarisch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevelandry View Post
Hello!

I recently got the chance to see parts of Carribean Beach (was taking the bus from Typhoon Lagoon to Downtown Disney, picked up the first bus I saw) and I thought it was beautiful.

I was wondering if the resort was usually part of the offers (20-25-35% off or Free Dining) ...

I would really like to try it next year. Especially since they are currently in refurbishments.

It looks great.
I believe it is one of the largest resorts, so it is generally included in the promotions. This year it is one of the only 2 mods to be included in the free dining promotion.

*1990-Off-site *1993-Off-site *2005-Off-site *2012-Coronado Springs Resort *2013-Port Orleans French Quarter *2014-Caribbean Beach Resort
sbarisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #1169
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Nice!

I can't wait for the offers to be announced. End of August or beginning of September, I think?

Oct 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Nov 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #1170
WDW1st-timers
In Love with MetallicA
Would you like that in Canadian or American funds?

[QUOTE=dansdad;51569524]Beach Bum's Roll Call ~ Who will be staying at CBR and when.

Can you please add us to November 7th to November 23rd. I can't wait to meet some you all. Thank you for this thread....It helped me out a lot since I have never stayed here before.

WDW1st-timers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: