Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #751
BStew
Mouseketeer

AWESOME pics! Thanks for sharing, definately got me really excited!! Do you have, or anyone else have, pics of the refillable mugs that are used on the meal plans?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:22 PM   #752
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I have a picture of the mugs somewhere but I haven't uploaded it yet. Found this one on themouseforless

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #753
AmyKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch828 View Post
My DH and I will be there Sept 27th-Oct 4th for my birthday!!!
We have stayed at CSR a few times before but this is our first time at CBR. We are very excited to try something different.

We are staying in a king room. Are these rooms all in one building or are they spread throughout the resort? Is there a building that I should request that is a little more quiet/ secluded for adults?

Thank you to everyone who posted on this board! I've enjoyed reading all if the info, tips and viewing the pics
They are spread around the resort. You can use this link to see where they are in the different buildings.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #754
Toffeewoffy
Mouseketeer

Okay, let's add a few more details:

House salad - choice of chicken or something else (prawns, perhaps? Can't remember now), and as you can see there is papaya and all sorts in there. But no onion! I didn't let her put onion in it.

Toasted sandwich and homemade chips

First night dinner. DD's photo again - I was too tired to remember to get my camera out! She's got salmon, mash, broccoli and cornbread, I've got half a chicken and double plain rice as I don't like veg with black pepper and garlic in it!

This shows how close we were to OPR: I'm sitting in the shade of a building (think it was Shutters) looking out towards the Martinque beach - and that is the end of building 24 you can see. Bearing in mind that is the furthest away of the 3 preferred, that shows you that you really can't get any closer!

Turning to look the other way, and I believe that's the main pool behind the trees.

Toffeewoffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #755
BStew
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;51725986]I have a picture of the mugs somewhere but I haven't uploaded it yet. Found this one on themouseforless

THANKS!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #756
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=BStew;51726135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I have a picture of the mugs somewhere but I haven't uploaded it yet. Found this one on themouseforless

THANKS!
You are welcome!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:18 PM   #757
bethlumino
Earning My Ears

We still have 64 days but I LOVE seeing the pictures!!! Can't wait for more pictures of the remodeled rooms!!!

DH ME DS13 DD4DS2

Art of Animation May 2013
CBR Aug/September 2014
bethlumino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #758
kristinesgeorge
Earning My Ears

Questions from a newbie

My family is arriving at CBR on November 9 - we stayed at POR last year in a Royal Guest Room and learned the hard way that these rooms are the furthest from everything! We are fairly young and healthy but after long days at the parks, you do not want to hike back to your room or to refill your mug! That said, we were very excited when a room was available in CBR Preferred. I understand the rooms are being refurbished to include Queen beds - will we likely be in one of these rooms for our stay? It will make the decision to spend a few hundred more to upgrade from Sports an even better one!
kristinesgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #759
lilkimmyk
Mouseketeer

Toffewoffey-

Thanks for you pic of building 24 from OPR. I didn't realize how VERY close the farthest building was. Thanks for putting that into perspective. I am so excited can't wait to be there!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #760
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Dansdad, here are some of the pictures that I have found so far. I'm sorry that they aren't in better order but I used two cameras on the trip which isn't so great when you are trying to organize the thousands of pictures that I took over a two week time period.

Feel free to use whichever ones you need/want. I'll post more as I come upon them on my memory cards.
Thank you soooo much! I used a bunch of your great shots on the first page!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #761
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch828 View Post
My DH and I will be there Sept 27th-Oct 4th for my birthday!!!
We have stayed at CSR a few times before but this is our first time at CBR. We are very excited to try something different.

We are staying in a king room. Are these rooms all in one building or are they spread throughout the resort? Is there a building that I should request that is a little more quiet/ secluded for adults?

Thank you to everyone who posted on this board! I've enjoyed reading all if the info, tips and viewing the pics
Welcome! I've added your dates.

There are king rooms are spread out and some are in every building except in the Pirate Rooms of Trinidad South. We really like Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. I don't know of a location at CBR that is not quiet. It's one of the reasons we love the resort. But both of these locations are very nice and just a short trip across the bridge to OPR and the main pool.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:08 PM   #762
vdoucet78
Mouseketeer

We booked a King bed room for 12/13-12/21 this year. We want to be close to the main building & pool, how do I find out the location of the king rooms to make a request? Are there king beds in any of the preferred rooms? We've always stayed at one of the Port Orleans resorts and I'm totally spoiled by the fan site with all the detailed info. I've found one for CBR but it's very outdated. Any helpful tips? Thanks!

Edited to add: ok I'm a bit embarrassed I posted this and didn't realize that the post directly above addresses my question. Lol it's been a long day! But any more tips?
12/13 Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou
12/14 Caribbean Beach Resort
vdoucet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #763
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoucet78 View Post
We booked a King bed room for 12/13-12/21 this year. We want to be close to the main building & pool, how do I find out the location of the king rooms to make a request? Are there king beds in any of the preferred rooms? We've always stayed at one of the Port Orleans resorts and I'm totally spoiled by the fan site with all the detailed info. I've found one for CBR but it's very outdated. Any helpful tips? Thanks!
Welcome! I've added your dates to the Beach Bum Roll Call. There are king rooms in every building (except the Pirate Themed Rooms), even in the preferred buildings. So you can request close to OPR, or close to food court and you stand a great chance of getting a preferred location!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #764
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoucet78 View Post
Edited to add: ok I'm a bit embarrassed I posted this and didn't realize that the post directly above addresses my question. Lol it's been a long day! But any more tips?
No worries. Make sure you check out the first page for some great info and tips!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #765
vdoucet78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Welcome! I've added your dates to the Beach Bum Roll Call. There are king rooms in every building (except the Pirate Themed Rooms), even in the preferred buildings. So you can request close to OPR, or close to food court and you stand a great chance of getting a preferred location!
Thanks! We're excited about trying somewhere new this year! One more question - are there drink refill stations for the refillable mugs anywhere besides the food court?
12/13 Port Orleans Riverside - Alligator Bayou
12/14 Caribbean Beach Resort
vdoucet78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: