Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #526
summersun47
Mouseketeer

how do you get from cbr to pettys driving school?

gateway inn i-drive 98'
qip 05'
enclave suites 09 (also our wedding)

cbr nov 14'
summersun47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #527
phillipsjp2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47 View Post
how do you get from cbr to pettys driving school?
if you have a car they have complimentary parking. Otherwise there is a shuttle that runs from the lost and found at the TTC to the speedway. I would say take a bus to the MK, then the monorail or a boat to the TTC to catch the shuttle. You could also take a bus to Epcot and the monorail to the TTC from Epcot, but I think that would take longer.
Yearly day trips growing up.....mostly pre-Epcot '78, '79, '80, '81, 82. Off resort '89, '91, '92, '94. Royal Plaza DTD '2004, DD 1st day trip 2008, POR 2009, Windsor Hills 2010, BLT 2011, CSR, POP, BWV, & WLV 2012, DTD Wyndham and POR 2013, Disney Wonder 2013, CBR July 2014.
phillipsjp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2014, 02:01 AM   #528
summersun47
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsjp2003 View Post
if you have a car they have complimentary parking. Otherwise there is a shuttle that runs from the lost and found at the TTC to the speedway. I would say take a bus to the MK, then the monorail or a boat to the TTC to catch the shuttle. You could also take a bus to Epcot and the monorail to the TTC from Epcot, but I think that would take longer.
thanks x

gateway inn i-drive 98'
qip 05'
enclave suites 09 (also our wedding)

cbr nov 14'
summersun47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #529
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui13 View Post
I can help you if you are planning this trip with World Class Vacations, Dance the World. our dance studio will be dancing there July 1st. with Dance the World.
I'm not sure who the studio is booking through, as we've only just learned about it. I'd be very interested to know how everything is working for your group, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipsjp2003 View Post
Families were able to get a reservation number for each room and make their own dining reservations. Your director will have to turn in your housing spreadsheet before reservations numbers can be assigned. Perhaps let this person know they should do this in advance of the 180 day deadline.

FP+ may be quite different. We had to book our tickets through Disney youth programs. This was not done until much later so I am not sure how this will work with FP+ as your MDE is tied to your park tickets, but I would guess Disney will have a plan. The good news is the group tickets are at a very good discount. Like $211 for a 7 day park hopper (that was 2 years ago)

For the resorts we were given the option of all star, POR, POFQ, CBR, and CSR. Deluxe are not open for youth groups, I can't imagine why We chose moderate because we are not fans of the value resorts. The resort room block is separate from the ticket package. So people from your group can stay at another resort or the entire group can stay off resort. However, to qualify for the Disney group resort discount you have to have a certain number of rooms and people. I really encouraged everyone to stay with the group so our entire group can keep the discount. It is $50 a night off the room rate per room. Plus it was more fun for us. We all met at the pool, watched the evening movies, caught the bus together to the parks. Part of the fun with the big group is experiencing some things together.

There are also some really fun special group events you can do. We had a private breakfast at the dinosaur club in AK and got to be the first people to ride Everest for the day. There are also private fireworks parties, either buffet or dessert, and a buffet at Fantasmic, and a fantasy gardens dance party. These are really fun because they are only available for the youth programs. It feels very VIP for the kids.
Thanks! Surely there will be a plan in place for both dining and fastpass plus. Not to mention that DH and I are thinking about booking the bass fishing excursion at CBR for our resort rest day. We'd need to be able to do that. At the parent meeting, they said that we would be dancing one day, and the rest would not be scheduled and would be spent however we pleased, depending on how many days we would like to stay. They've also said we'll have dates and more info in August, so I'm going to not spazz out until at least then. When they send out all of the detailed information then, if it doesn't answer some questions about ADR's, etc, then I'll ask questions.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:21 AM   #530
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

We've done Dance the World twice (we own a dance school) and it is fantastic! World Class Vacations is excellent. Your rooming sheets are turned in by October so you will have a res number before 180 days. You will have 3 things that are required on days of the trip: there's s 2 hour practice on the first night of the trip (the kids are bused there with the studio owners), the day of the parade, the dancers get on the buses 2 hours before parade step-off (count on about 4-5 hours for the parade stuff) and then the Hollywood studios performance will be about 2-3 hrs of your time. We do a DTD disney performance instead of DHS but you have to audition etc and it's extra $$. It's a wonderful trip and the dancers get to be backstage at MK! I can answer questions if you have more
kristainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #531
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Hello CBR fans

We had a tough resort choice to make a month ago. We had wanted POR but it wasn't available with FD. So we had a choice between CBR and CSR. We talked it over and then I chickened out and went with CSR because we've stayed there before and I knew I liked it. I was a little unsure about trying something new. But that choice has been turning around in my head for weeks now. I decided to look this morning and there was a standard room open (wasn't last time I checked) so we're going for it.
I didn't have any real concerns about CBR, I just was sticking with the familiar. But we've never had a bad stay at Disney, the resort looks beautiful and I'm excited about the refurb so CBR it is.
I dropped our 8 day tickets down to 7 days because we get in later in the afternoon and don't need a ticket that day, and CBR is a bit cheaper so I even shaved about $100 off the total by switching.
Excited to plan with all of you and see the progression of the refurb! Hopefully we will get a refurbed room in late December, but I won't cry if we don't.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:25 PM   #532
adcampbell27
Earning My Ears

CBR 1st Timer :)

We will be staying a CBR 9/13 - 9/20! Never stayed there before and looking forward to it My only concern is that all the beds are full size. Are there any areas of CBR that have queen beds? Thanks so much!
Old 06-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #533
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Has anyone stayed in one of the new refurbished rooms with queen beds yet?

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #534
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adcampbell27 View Post
We will be staying a CBR 9/13 - 9/20! Never stayed there before and looking forward to it My only concern is that all the beds are full size. Are there any areas of CBR that have queen beds? Thanks so much!
When the refurb is complete, all rooms (with the exception of the pirate rooms) will have queen beds.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #535
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by new york 1 View Post
Whole Family going to CBR Aug 19-26
Welcome, you're dates have been added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
For anyone who may be interested, I have started my latest Disney trip report. It will include lots of pictures of the resort which were taken over our two week stay. I hope that some of you will join in on the fun.

Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown’s gang gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...26&postcount=1

Yay, nothing better than a mickeystoontown trip report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBDiz View Post
July 9-15 2014 and debating booking a bounce back for Sept 2015 while we're at the park.
Nice, you've been added.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #536
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworldlovers View Post
We'll be at CBR Dec. 18-24 and it will be our first time at CBR. Have enjoyed reading on this forum and appreciate all the info! We've reserved a preferred room with free dining and won't bother with a specific request. I've requested in the past at POR and it never worked, but no worries, we're at Disney!!!
Great attitude! I've added your dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_guy View Post
Well, it's not gonna happen for us. DW (and me too, I suppose) really wants to go during Food and Wine, so November it stays!
Bummer, but at least you're still going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse11 View Post
Dansdad and Mickeystoontown my chapter in regards to CBR is now complete. I just hope I have done it justice. I will be add more about CBR the further I get into my trip report. Thank again for all your help!

Here is the link to the chapter:http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=23
Awesome! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkij View Post
Add me add me

November 22nd through November 27th with free dining. We will likely stay off sit on the way home the 27th. This is my 3rd stay at WDW and our 3rd mod resort. Excited does not even begin to describe how we all feel. My husband and I have a getaway planned in July and all I talk about is disney in November.

I'm slightly bummed about the new decor I saw in the pictures, hopefully they had some color! But we rarely hang around the room so it's not that big of a deal. We decided to go to a mod because we got bumped up a dining plan level for around 300 bucks which is more than worth it for us.

Me, DH, DS, and niece are going. It will be my nieces first real visit to to WDW, she went to MK for a day with my in laws a few years ago. We will eating our TS meals together but the kids, both 17 will be heading off by themselves throughout the parks.
You've been added!
Old 06-15-2014, 06:01 PM   #537
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome! Take your time and look around a bit. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #538
Mikeyr71
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We will be there from 9/13-9/21. It will be out 1st time there also!
Mikeyr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #539
Gottahavemorecowbell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Hello CBR fans

We had a tough resort choice to make a month ago. We had wanted POR but it wasn't available with FD. So we had a choice between CBR and CSR. We talked it over and then I chickened out and went with CSR because we've stayed there before and I knew I liked it. I was a little unsure about trying something new. But that choice has been turning around in my head for weeks now. I decided to look this morning and there was a standard room open (wasn't last time I checked) so we're going for it.
I didn't have any real concerns about CBR, I just was sticking with the familiar. But we've never had a bad stay at Disney, the resort looks beautiful and I'm excited about the refurb so CBR it is.
I dropped our 8 day tickets down to 7 days because we get in later in the afternoon and don't need a ticket that day, and CBR is a bit cheaper so I even shaved about $100 off the total by switching.
Excited to plan with all of you and see the progression of the refurb! Hopefully we will get a refurbed room in late December, but I won't cry if we don't.

Awesome! Sounds like you have a great mindset going into a Disney vacation. With Caribbean Beach, I'm fairly confident you will come away impressed and not regret the switch. We'll be going in late October for our 2nd stay at CBR. We can't wait to go back.
Gottahavemorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:14 PM   #540
sisterteacher
Earning My Ears

We are staying Dec 12-19, 2014 and I'm worried about reno during that time. This is our first time at CBR, we normally stay at POR. :-)

Last edited by sisterteacher; 06-15-2014 at 11:19 PM.
sisterteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: