Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #181
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersun47
just made some mouse keeping envelops and put some dollors in, my question is this when we leave to come home we dont normal bring back all our smellies (shampoo shower gel etc) would mouse keeping want things like this or shall i just pop them in the bin?
I bring the shampoo, soap and conditioner home and donate them to a children's home.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #182
MmmSuite
Mouseketeer

My ILs are checking in two days after us and we're all linked as a group. Do we all need to have the same requests?

Like my MIL needs a ground floor because of her knees.

I'd like Jamaica and ready room and I may be willing to forgo ready and ask for a refurb! So many decisions.

My SIL's room as no requests right now nor do I. My MIL's says first floor. Do I need to put the same requests on all the rooms to up our chances of being together.

I was thinking of leaving MIL's with the ground floor. SIL's empty. Then two requests on my reservation. Should I instead put the same two requests on all three reservations?

MmmSuite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #183
MmmSuite
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much Agent Lisa!!!! I love your updates! I really hope you enjoyed your trip! I hope mine goes by slower! Lol

Old 06-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #184
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to report back on our experience. We were in WDW the last week of May. We booked 2 standard rooms. We requested connecting rooms on the 1st floor close to the feature pool. We were in Aruba building 52, rooms 5210 and 5211 I believe. It was definitely building 52, but I'm not 100% on the actual numbers. Anyway, they were first floor rooms, which just makes things so much easier with luggage and a stroller. I was surprised when learning these buildings don't have elevators.

DH took DDs to the parks most days while DS and I played at the resort. DS is 18 months (not sure what my signature says at this point) and has more fun at the pool. To me, it was a bit of a hike from Aruba 52 to the feature pool. No preferred rooms were available when we booked. I would definitely book early and choose a preferred room next time. The pool was amazing and perfect for my family. With the 4 slide options, the zero entry, and the water cannons, my kids were entertained for hours and hours. Honestly we could've spent days at the pool and been content. I would rate it as the best moderate pool by far.

We also had good experiences at the food court. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad. We like this food court much much more than the value food courts. We also like it more than the small food courts at the deluxes that seem to offer more limited options.

Rooms were fine. When we stayed here about. 5 years ago, we had pirate rooms. We decided to skip the pirate rooms this time. The regular rooms were perfectly adequate and well-maintained, but nothing exciting. One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times.

We did not rent a car and used only Disney transportation. We found service to be good and reliable. The longest we ever waited was about 15 minutes for a bus home from Epcot. However, we rarely saw the internal bus. Several times we heard families ask arriving bus drivers if they knew when it would be coming. Not sure what was going on with that, but it seemed inconsistent at best.

We definitely had a wonderful trip and would not hesitate to choose CBR again!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #185
MmmSuite
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
Just wanted to report back on our experience. We were in WDW the last week of May. We booked 2 standard rooms. We requested connecting rooms on the 1st floor close to the feature pool. We were in Aruba building 52, rooms 5210 and 5211 I believe. It was definitely building 52, but I'm not 100% on the actual numbers. Anyway, they were first floor rooms, which just makes things so much easier with luggage and a stroller. I was surprised when learning these buildings don't have elevators. DH took DDs to the parks most days while DS and I played at the resort. DS is 18 months (not sure what my signature says at this point) and has more fun at the pool. To me, it was a bit of a hike from Aruba 52 to the feature pool. No preferred rooms were available when we booked. I would definitely book early and choose a preferred room next time. The pool was amazing and perfect for my family. With the 4 slide options, the zero entry, and the water cannons, my kids were entertained for hours and hours. Honestly we could've spent days at the pool and been content. I would rate it as the best moderate pool by far. We also had good experiences at the food court. Nothing spectacular, but nothing bad. We like this food court much much more than the value food courts. We also like it more than the small food courts at the deluxes that seem to offer more limited options. Rooms were fine. When we stayed here about. 5 years ago, we had pirate rooms. We decided to skip the pirate rooms this time. The regular rooms were perfectly adequate and well-maintained, but nothing exciting. One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times. We did not rent a car and used only Disney transportation. We found service to be good and reliable. The longest we ever waited was about 15 minutes for a bus home from Epcot. However, we rarely saw the internal bus. Several times we heard families ask arriving bus drivers if they knew when it would be coming. Not sure what was going on with that, but it seemed inconsistent at best. We definitely had a wonderful trip and would not hesitate to choose CBR again!
Thanks for sharing! It sounds like you had a great time!!!!

Old 06-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #186
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I need a big telescopic lens. Ha!
Exactly what I was thinking!!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #187
DisPrncess19
Earning My Ears

One thing we did find unusual is that there was literally zero cell reception in Aruba 52. We have AT&T. Wireless signal was great, but no texts or calls would go through. This was frustrating at times.

[/QUOTE]

Funny that you mentioned this as we had the same problem last June also stayed in Aruba 52. We have Verizon wireless
1998-All Star Sports
1999-Old Key West
2002-All Star Sports
2005-Port Orleans French Qtr
2006-Port Orleans Riverside
2009-Port Orleans French Qtr
2010-Grand Floridian
2012-Old Key West
2013-Caribbean Beach
Oct 2014-Caribbean Beach
DisPrncess19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #188
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
We flipped our reservation from a bounceback discount at POFQ to a FD discount at CBR. Actually, I have two reservations right now because I can't seem to make myself cancel the BB reservation. But, I booked airfare today that matches my CBR reservation, so it looks like that's what we will be doing.
I am in a similar situation. I booked a stay last year for POFQ for this November using the bounce back discount. I tried today to switch to CBR but there was no availability under the discount. I left my reservation as is, but thought about double-booking with the hopes that they release a room only discount for mid-November. I will just keep checking back. I am also watching for my airfare to drop. Right now my dates are pretty fluid so I can adjust as needed.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

mickey1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #189
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daly View Post
We have a preferred room booked for Nov. 1st-9th. I'm hoping to extend our stay by a day because flights will be a much better price on the Monday. After all, why would I give money to an airline that I can use to stay at Disney? I've called a few times and there has not been any availability, but I'll just keep trying and crossing my fingers until then.
Here's hoping you can extend your stay!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #190
disneychristmasx3
Mouseketeer

Staying first time CBR dec 15-22. We have done POR 4 times and Poly on our very fist trip. Very excited to try CBR this year!

disneychristmasx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #191
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmSuite View Post
My ILs are checking in two days after us and we're all linked as a group. Do we all need to have the same requests?

Like my MIL needs a ground floor because of her knees.

I'd like Jamaica and ready room and I may be willing to forgo ready and ask for a refurb! So many decisions.

My SIL's room as no requests right now nor do I. My MIL's says first floor. Do I need to put the same requests on all the rooms to up our chances of being together.

I was thinking of leaving MIL's with the ground floor. SIL's empty. Then two requests on my reservation. Should I instead put the same two requests on all three reservations?
It's best to decide what is the most important to your group. If it's most important that you are all together I would have your MIL request ground floor and then the other parties only request that you are all together.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #192
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I am in a similar situation. I booked a stay last year for POFQ for this November using the bounce back discount. I tried today to switch to CBR but there was no availability under the discount. I left my reservation as is, but thought about double-booking with the hopes that they release a room only discount for mid-November. I will just keep checking back. I am also watching for my airfare to drop. Right now my dates are pretty fluid so I can adjust as needed.
If you're hoping for a discount then do not double book. They release discounts to fill rooms. The more rooms that are already booked at a certain resort raise the possibility of that resort being excluded or there being very little rooms at the resort being discounted. Say you have an existing reservation at CBR and they release 45 rooms with a room only discount. Unless you call before those 45 rooms are booked you will miss out on the discount. Having an existing reservation does not guarantee you will be able to apply a discount that is released later.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #193
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychristmasx3 View Post
Staying first time CBR dec 15-22. We have done POR 4 times and Poly on our very fist trip. Very excited to try CBR this year!
Welcome! We were POR fans until our first stay at CBR and now we can't stay anywhere else.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #194
horse11
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=dansdad;51586081]Welcome to the DIS and the New CBR Thread. :welcome

You can check here for historical discounts going back 3 years.

That is perfect!!! Your the best Dansdad!!!
horse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:13 AM   #195
Toffeewoffy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
One of our family members has to have a scooter. Is there any good place to put a scooter to charge at night at CBR.
I drove mine straight over the threshold into the room and parked it in front of the aircon unit because it was nearest to the socket which is the other side of the table. Pre-upgrade there's a big enough space next to the bed nearest the door, but there's no socket over there so you wouldn't be able to plug it in to charge.

I had no problems with charging at all.
Toffeewoffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: