Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 PM   #136
Zeusesmom
Earning My Ears

New to forum, love hearing all about Disney!!! I am returning to Disney World. The last and only time I was there was in 1983. I can't wait!!!! We will be there August 31st through September 8th. Staying in Martinique.
Zeusesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #137
drgnfly30
Take my advice, never pay full price
They call me Bobbie Vila around these parts!
I can't stop smelling myself!

Just booked CBR for my next trip with DS19. First time at CBR and pretty excited to try a new resort!

We will be there from 9/1-9/5...

Offsite 1973~1977~1983 ~ POR Nov 2001 ~ CR Oct 2002 ~ Offsite Sept 2004 ~ Nick Oct 2004 ~ POP Feb 2006 ~ Indian Creek Villa June 2006~July 2007~June 2008 ~ CSR June 2009 ~ POP Aug 2011 ~ Swan June 2012~Dolphin August 2013~CBR Sept 2014 ~ YC Sept 2015
drgnfly30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #138
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
One of our family members has to have a scooter. Is there any good place to put a scooter to charge at night at CBR.
My mom had a scooter during our recent trip. She charged it in the room overnight. Fortunately, there's plenty of space in the rooms at CBR. I never noticed if there were any outlets on the exterior of the buidlings. Not something I've checked for either.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #139
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSplashMountain View Post
Do they have an age limit for the marshmallow roast? And poolside games? Girls will be 11 and 13. They loved the marshmallow roasting and poolside activities on our last trip (at CSR - was 2 years ago).

No specified age limits on either. For the games though, depending on the type of game, they may encourage that a particular age group only play. However, when they do things like trivia, they encourage all ages to participate.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:22 AM   #140
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSplashMountain
Do they have an age limit for the marshmallow roast? And poolside games? Girls will be 11 and 13. They loved the marshmallow roasting and poolside activities on our last trip (at CSR - was 2 years ago).

I saw quite a few young adults and parents at the marshmallow roast during our stay.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #141
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well, our two week trip is now down to just two days left. I have walked by Jamaica 41 several times but it still being closely guarded. Security guards on both the parking lot side and lake side. As I said before I can tell that the lighting has been changed out. As we drove by a few minutes ago, I could see a little into one of the rooms and it looked like possible new furniture but it was hard to tell. They have the majority of the curtains completely drawn on the rooms. I am not giving up yet on trying to get more info during our last two days.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:34 AM   #142
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Well, our two week trip is now down to just two days left. I have walked by Jamaica 41 several times but it still being closely guarded. Security guards on both the parking lot side and lake side. As I said before I can tell that the lighting has been changed out. As we drove by a few minutes ago, I could see a little into one of the rooms and it looked like possible new furniture but it was hard to tell. They have the majority of the curtains completely drawn on the rooms. I am not giving up yet on trying to get more info during our last two days.
You just need some better spy equipment!!
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:51 AM   #143
horse11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW so hard to believe your trip is down to 2 days!!!! how quickly the time goes. I have not stopped thinking of how I can get back there since we left. amazingly I got a text just yesterday informing me of a confrence in Tampa October 8th through the 10th. It would give me a chance to get 26 of my reqired 32 CEU's. I told my husband about it jokingly and he said," why not go". It is only 1hour and 15 minutes from Disney. the more I thought about the idea the more excited I got! I even told my sister in law about it and she said she would go with and we could make it an all girls trip. She said she could hang out at the pool while I was at the confrence. Now I am really really thinking about it. Free dining would not be offered during those dates. Do you know of any other discounts that may come out for those dates?
horse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 AM   #144
laura428
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! We'll be staying Dec 20-27 - first time at CBR!
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #145
laurapoppins18
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, first post I have done. Me and husband will be staying at CBR 6th - 20th October. We have booked a preferred room so hoping we get a newly decorated room, fingers crossed.
laurapoppins18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:09 AM   #146
summersun47
Mouseketeer

do you tell disney that your staying of site for the night and dont want the room cleaned?

gateway inn i-drive 98'
qip 05'
enclave suites 09 (also our wedding)

cbr nov 14'
summersun47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #147
jimjenkids
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=dansdad;51569524]Beach Bum's Roll Call ~ Who will be staying at CBR and when.

Dec. 22-27

2014:Amazing Christmas vacation & 20th wedding anniversary -CBC, 2012:xmas-Pop century, 2010:CBC, 2008:ASMovie, 2000:Movies, 1999: sports, 1995:POF, 1984:Polly

jimjenkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM   #148
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurapoppins18 View Post
Hi everyone, first post I have done. Me and husband will be staying at CBR 6th - 20th October. We have booked a preferred room so hoping we get a newly decorated room, fingers crossed.
Welcome to the Dis!

This will be our first time staying at CBR... I have my fingers crossed for you! Good Karma and all..

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #149
BStew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've appreciated all the posts you have been doing! Hope you enjoy the last couple of days (and maybe get a sneak peak into a room).
Old 06-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #150
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinamariec View Post
We'll be there for our first stay at CBR Nov 14 - 23!
Welcome! I have feeling it won't be your last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninamouse View Post
Thanks for the new thread!

We'll be back at CBR 18-30 October 2015! Bit of a wait but it's going to be even more exciting as we will be on our honeymoon!

You're welcome. Nothing like planning ahead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLovinMomma View Post
Thanks for this!! We will be staying at CBR December 12-19. It will be our first time staying in a moderate and I am so excited for it to be CBR!!!
You're welcome. After our first moderate stay, we haven't been able to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMMouse View Post
We arrive Oct 9th for 2 weeks! 3rd trip to Disney but first time at CBR!! DH picked this hotel and I wasn't sure but all these threads have got me so excited to be staying here!! Lots of excellent info, thanks to all who keep us well informed!!
Welcome! We've been working our way up to a 2 week stay. Glad to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeewoffy View Post
I've tried 3 different ways of copying links to my Photobucket photos into an email to you, but it just won't work.

Can you change 'Sparkly' 1-15th March to "Toffeewoffy and Sparkly" 1-15th March, as she's my daughter.

Thanks.
Done! Could you post your pics here and then I'll copy them to the first page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeprincess View Post
We'll be there July 17th -24th. Our 5th visit to CBR, we love it!
Nice. It's hard to say anywhere else once CBR grabs you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveSplashMountain View Post

As mcd2745 and mickeystoontown stated there's no age limit. My wife went by herself while our DS and I were swimming.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: