Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #91
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
Ok he seems like a sugar daddy perhaps ?




He mentioned a wife of many years so I think he was just a chatty guy.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 PM   #92
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran
 
franandaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Beach, CA, VWL, BCV, SSR & VGC
Posts: 23,203

The Fantasy is so beautiful. Every TR that I read makes me want to go on it more and more.

I want to see the Muppets!
__________________
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #93
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,429

Ok wow, that's a gorgeous ship. Love the pics of you and your mom and the one with her and the ice cream.

What exactly did they do to your lanyard?

Your cabin looks huge. I'm glad you got a great room host. Can't wait to hear about dinner.

No opening show? I rubbed off.

That atrium is amazing.

Maybe our third cruise will be on one of the newer ships.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751




rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #94
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,790

Looks like a great start to the cruise! The Fantasy looks so beautiful. I can't wait to sail her. How nice going to the movies that night. We love that movie theatre. Your cabin is awesome! I think a great move to have the space inside that a verandah takes up anyway! Wonderful room well researched! Good position too. Jo and I now realise how important this is on the big ships. Isn't it great when you are aft near the elevators, straight up to the drinks!

Yum re the ice cream I liked the the formula! But spare the cone go for the drinks cup lol. Or popcorn bucket full..

Cute towel creation I love that one! How cute. I wonder if any of them can do a turtle?

Have you a photo of the combined lanyard? That sounds super cool!
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #95
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 27,963

I love the Beach Club Turtles. They feed them from the bridge in the mornings which is why they are so keen checking people out that stand on that bridge.

I am sorry that the transfers caused you so much stress. We had a a similar experience at the Grand Californian in 2011 and would not take DCL transfers from the resorts again. We have taken DME back to the airport from WDW and picked up the transfer from there, which worked great and also got us to the port much earlier.

How very strange to have the DVC meet before the safety drill. On most of our cruises it has taken place in the morning of the first sea day and I think on our only 4 nighter it was in the afternoon of a port day.

I love the look of your stateroom. We had a similar stateroom on the Wonder last month, but that was not quite so spacious.

I am reading your trip report with particular interest this time round. If we have to settle for plan B for our May 2015, we are planning to try one of the big ships as part of this. It is most likely going to be the Dream, but I think they are similar enough to give me an idea.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #96
Leshaface
DIS Veteran
 
Leshaface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central, CA
Posts: 5,035

Aw man, too bad it wasn't a smoother morning that day. A lot of miscommunication it seems.

That is so neat that there are turles in the water! DH would have loved that

Wow that was a speedy check-in to get onboard!

So there is a DCL app? What does it do?

Love the pictures of the atrium. The carpet looks like a peacock design! Very cool.

Wow your room is very big! I'll have to keep this room number in mind if we ever get to go on the Fantasy someday. We just can't pull ourselves away from WDW, even though we know how fabulous DCL is. In fact, remember waaaay back in 2011 for our Mexican Riviera cruise? We had booked a dummy cruise and technically that cruise is supposed to be coming up in October. But I heard that you can no longer push your dates out. Is that true? What are my options for that cruise, since we obviously won't be able to cruise those actual dates.

your mom looks so happy with the icecream!

Haven't seen the new muppet movie, but will definitely purchase it when it comes out on Blu-ray.
__________________


DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #97
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
The Fantasy is so beautiful. Every TR that I read makes me want to go on it more and more.

I want to see the Muppets!
That Muppets was so funny, very worth seeing.

I've enjoyed all the ships but the Fantasy is really special. If it was the size of the Magic/Wonder it would be even better! But I still haven't sailed on the Magic, that will be next year.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #98
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Ok wow, that's a gorgeous ship. Love the pics of you and your mom and the one with her and the ice cream.
She is a ham! ice cream and cruising, we were happy campers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What exactly did they do to your lanyard?
I'll take a picture if I don't have one already. They actually cut part it off and combined the two. I liked that I didn't have to choose which one I wanted to wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Your cabin looks huge. I'm glad you got a great room host. Can't wait to hear about dinner.
He was an awesome steward. I took pictures whenever he'd leave us extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
No opening show? I rubbed off.
and we liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
That atrium is amazing.
More pictures later, probably too many but they're all getting posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Maybe our third cruise will be on one of the newer ships.

I love it, already thinking about cruise number 3!!!!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #99
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Looks like a great start to the cruise! The Fantasy looks so beautiful. I can't wait to sail her. How nice going to the movies that night. We love that movie theatre. Your cabin is awesome! I think a great move to have the space inside that a verandah takes up anyway! Wonderful room well researched! Good position too. Jo and I now realise how important this is on the big ships. Isn't it great when you are aft near the elevators, straight up to the drinks!
Mom really likes the verandah so I had to ok the change with her and she was very pleased with the change. We could always go out to the public areas if we wanted sun.


We've now stayed midship, Forward, and Aft, all have their own positives. We've loved each room we've stayed in but all this extra space was soooo nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Yum re the ice cream I liked the the formula! But spare the cone go for the drinks cup lol. Or popcorn bucket full..
Not enough room inside the belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Cute towel creation I love that one! How cute. I wonder if any of them can do a turtle?
The turtle we've seen has been more of a big blob than a turtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Have you a photo of the combined lanyard? That sounds super cool!

Im going to look, if not I'll take one.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #100
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
 
Paula Sedley-Burke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 4,790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
That Muppets was so funny, very worth seeing. I've enjoyed all the ships but the Fantasy is really special. If it was the size of the Magic/Wonder it would be even better! But I still haven't sailed on the Magic, that will be next year.
how nice re The Magic. How strange so are we lol...
__________________
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #101
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the Beach Club Turtles. They feed them from the bridge in the mornings which is why they are so keen checking people out that stand on that bridge.

Ahhhh, that explains it. They were very curious when people would come around. They were very fun to watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am sorry that the transfers caused you so much stress. We had a a similar experience at the Grand Californian in 2011 and would not take DCL transfers from the resorts again. We have taken DME back to the airport from WDW and picked up the transfer from there, which worked great and also got us to the port much earlier.
Disney is usually so on the ball I was very worried we had somehow been overlooked when we didn't hear from them. I didn't even think to call the DVC concierge and he was able to check on it so quickly. Why didn't the front desk girl think of checking with bell services...

What happened with you at the Grand Californian?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
How very strange to have the DVC meet before the safety drill. On most of our cruises it has taken place in the morning of the first sea day and I think on our only 4 nighter it was in the afternoon of a port day.
This has happened twice before, so three out of five cruises for me. It makes for a very rushed first afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the look of your stateroom. We had a similar stateroom on the Wonder last month, but that was not quite so spacious.
Can't wait to see your room pictures.

We were going to get this exact same cabin next year but an even bigger one was available, one of the corner rooms. We are very excited for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am reading your trip report with particular interest this time round. If we have to settle for plan B for our May 2015, we are planning to try one of the big ships as part of this. It is most likely going to be the Dream, but I think they are similar enough to give me an idea.

Corinna

They are the exact same layout cabin wise. The upper decks are what's a little different.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #102
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Aw man, too bad it wasn't a smoother morning that day. A lot of miscommunication it seems.
Thankfully we were on the roster and nothing had to be arranged but boy was that a stressful two hours!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
That is so neat that there are turles in the water! DH would have loved that
Big ones too! We loved watching them. We had a perfect room to view them, otherwise we probably wouldn't have known they were even there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow that was a speedy check-in to get onboard!
We were on a mission! They were a bit bummed we skipped the embarkation photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
So there is a DCL app? What does it do?
It's really cool, it lets you hook up to the ship's wifi and it's basically an electronic daily navigator. It also has a map of the ship and all the movies and times for the whole cruise. I don't like to keep my phone with me so we didn't use it after that first day but it could be really useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Love the pictures of the atrium. The carpet looks like a peacock design! Very cool.
Oh those carpets, let me count the ways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow your room is very big! I'll have to keep this room number in mind if we ever get to go on the Fantasy someday. We just can't pull ourselves away from WDW, even though we know how fabulous DCL is. In fact, remember waaaay back in 2011 for our Mexican Riviera cruise? We had booked a dummy cruise and technically that cruise is supposed to be coming up in October. But I heard that you can no longer push your dates out. Is that true? What are my options for that cruise, since we obviously won't be able to cruise those actual dates.
I would call them and see how far you can push it, if you have any intention of cruising next year. When they put the restriction in place they gave pre-existing bookings 2 more years to move. Otherwise they'll just cancel it and give you your money back.

It's the same deck plan for the Dream too, for the staterooms.

We've got to get an overlapping vacation one of these years lady, I think that would be such fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
your mom looks so happy with the icecream!
It's the simple things in life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Haven't seen the new muppet movie, but will definitely purchase it when it comes out on Blu-ray.
It was great, very funny. I'm shocked you haven't seen it yet.
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #103
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.
 
Pinkocto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 7,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
how nice re The Magic. How strange so are we lol...

What a fabulous coincidence!
__________________
-Pam

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #104
mousetravel
DIS Veteran
 
mousetravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 2,661

Great update! I love your pics around the ship!
That room is pretty neat!
__________________
Mom/Daughter Pop Trip: May 2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289750
Mom/Daughter Graduation trip: June 2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3211306
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #105
Toria
DIS Veteran
 
Toria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Hi it has been a long time I hope you can convince DH! Is there a good GTY that you can take advantage of? It's probably good I'm not down there or I'd be taking cruises left and right!
I wish there were better GTY rates. The ratrs are so much higher than last year.
__________________
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: