Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #76
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
So sorry that I have been MIA, my grandpa was diagnosed in Feb with a form of brain cancer & has had 5 hospital stays & 2 rehab stays since them. He took a turn for the worse with his last hospital stay this wk & just went to inpatient hospice today. I came home this evening to regroup & just wanted to put my mind somewhere else for a little bit. So I'm looking forward to going back & reading your updates....
I am so sorry Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #77
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love the funky flowers!
I love funky things

Quote:
Bummer about the movie search. I like pete's dragon but it's not one we watch often. I've got to be in a nostalgic mood.
I thought it was so weird how they started the movie off with those horrible people.

Quote:
Via Napoli, thank you! Its going on the must list for our next WDW trip.........whenever that is.
Definitely put it on the list. I hope a WDW vacation gets put on the books within five years at least

Quote:
And if you get kicked off the DCL forum for not posting fast enough, I'll be banned for life.
I needed to get to the cruise part

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #78
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Oh gosh Pam those flowers are such eye candy! Are you trying to pull the wool over our mortal eyes? Are you sure you and Mom didn't zip on over to Aulani? :-)
Those WDW horticulturists are amazing. There are so many gorgeous plants at the F & G festival.

Quote:
Oh my I have done that DVD rental run lol. It seems every DVC resort they are located in a different place! What's with that! Not only that but the CM don't seem to know same thing happen to me at AK. At SSR they are in Community Hall so I said to Jo just going for a dvd and went there. Then no...no community hall try the gift shop in Jambo..then Kidani..oh my...no scooter I nearly passed out lol. Jo was pacing up and down room just about to phone security where is she lol.
Oh my goodness, how could they send you over to Kidani, the movies are at Jambo? I don't blame Jo for a second, you were probably gone half an hour!

Quote:
Pete's dragon lol. Chasing the dragon mmmm. Maybe Disney need to move slowly away from that one like they did Dixie Landings....
Some good parts, but overall a very odd movie. And usually I like odd.

Quote:
The BCV looks so lovely! Thanks for update.
It's a beautiful resort. Not as unique as my beloved AKV but a very lovely place with perfect location and an awesome pool.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #79
Pinkocto

Saturday May 10, Day 2 of vacation

Embarkation Day!!!

This might have been a very exciting day but it started off quite stressful. Last year when we went to Port Canaveral from a Disney resort we were called the night before, told that the next day our bags would be picked up around 8 am, and before 8 am the next morning bell services called to make sure our bags were ready. This time I did not get a call the night before, there was no paperwork left on the door the night before, and when I woke up at 6:30 on embarkation day there was still no paperwork outside on the door. Panic was slowly starting to set in.

Some back story is needed. When I called DCL to arrange transportation to the port and back again there was a bit of trouble. I did this well within the window required but something gave the CM on the phone some trouble and she had to involve her supervisor. For some reason they had a hard time adding the transportation to my reservation. After about 15-20 minutes the CM came back and said everything was settled. I got an email with the transportation added to my reservation. Everything seemed arranged. Well of course all this came back to me when it was the morning of the cruise and I had heard nothing about our bag pickup. I figured I’d call DCL to make sure I was on the roster for the morning but DCL does not start taking calls until 9 am on Saturdays… I then called the front desk and Josie had no idea. She suggested I check in with the DCL people when they arrive between 8-9 in front of the ‘big tv’ between the YC and BC… More panic.

I showered and packed and at 8:00 headed down to look for the DCL people. Well when I passed the DVC concierge I figured why not ask Chip, the very friendly and already helpful CM. Within 5 minutes he had everything figured out. He said I should have called him first and he would have been able to help right away. He called bell services, asked if our room was set up for DCL transfers and received the affirmative. Bell services seemed surprised we had not received an information packet on our door the night before. They said they’d send paperwork up with the bellman when he came up to get our bags shortly. Chip, the savoir of the morning, told me DCL usually meets in the Solarium at 11:45. With my mind at ease and much thanking of Chip I headed back to the room.

I was very happy to tell mom the good news. A bellman did come and get the bags at 8:40 but he didn’t have any paperwork for me. Lots of miscommunication this morning. When the bags were gone I heated up the leftover pizza and we ate it on the porch. DCL called shortly after the bags were taken to confirm our transfers that morning. They also confirmed the Solarium as the meeting place and the time Chip told me. I'm glad they called but I realy think somebody dropped the ball on us this morning...

Mom swore she spotted a turtle in the water. Of course I didn’t see it. ‘There, right below the fourth pole’ I couldn’t see any turtles for a while but eventually I did. I took oodles of pictures but I’ll only share a few. We were captivated.

We watched them for a while and then headed out about 10:30. I needed to try and find some cough medicine and stop by the ATM before going to the Solarium.

The gardenias along the walkway were so fragrant and beautiful

We stopped in the shop and a very helpful CM directed us right to the cough syrup. It was $10 but I was able to use my DVC discount which helped a little. Then to the ATM to get some cash which I hadn’t had time to do before leaving home. Then we went to the Solarium a little early. A very very VERY chatty CM named Richard talked our ears off. I was attempting to journal but he paid that no mind. Eventually it was time to leave and Richard had to go back to work.

We had to stop at the BW first and then we were off! It took about an hour but check in was a breeze and we were heading through the Mickey Ears probably within 10 minutes of arriving at the port.

My time stamp for the Ears is 1:44 and for the chandelier is 1:46. We were being super speedy. The DVC meeting was at 2:30 and we both wanted to do that. The room should have been ready so we headed up there right away to drop off our stuff. I was basically herding mom at this point, we’d have plenty of time to enjoy the surroundings later.

Quick look at the room, we both had seen pictures of it but they really didn’t prepare us for the amount of space it had. It was at the very bow of the ship and because of the curve some of these forward cabins are quite bigger than normal. More pictures later but we were in love.

We had about 40 minutes before the DVC meeting and I needed some lunch. I sped an ooing and awing mom out of the cabin and up to Cabanas.

Quiet Cove adult only area.

No pictures of the buffet, sorry, absolutely no time.

My plate

Mom’s plate

People, those steak fries are to die for. Perfectly crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside. Yum yum yum! You already know I love the mac and cheese.

Mom went back for dessert. Mom, we have no time for dessert! Ok, I’ll make a coffee float and take it with me. She loved it.

It was quite a whirlwind of an embarkation but we slowed down a little after lunch.

More to come later.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 06-10-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:29 PM   #80
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

I loved the updates! I thought the one purplish flower looked liked a tarantula!

I can't believe how torn up DTD is! How's the new parking looking? It's such a pain to park there.

I'm glad you liked SAB! The lazy river is our favorite. I can just float in it for hours. I'm wishing I was in it right now as its so relaxing.

Thanks for taking me away from my troubles for a little while

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 PM   #81
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

A coffee float sounds delicious. Does the Fantasy serve the same horrible coffee as the Wonder?

Ok so tell me more about the curved cabin??? It looks super cool. And roomy. The bow is the front? :

That Mac n cheese looks wonderful as do the fries. I'm dying for some Disney cruise grub!!!

Love the turtles. That's a special treat.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #82
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I am so sorry Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Thank you so very much !

Did you ever think that this chatty CM Richard had a crush???

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 06-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #83
Pinkocto

Quote:
I loved the updates! I thought the one purplish flower looked liked a tarantula!

I can't believe how torn up DTD is! How's the new parking looking? It's such a pain to park there.

I'm glad you liked SAB! The lazy river is our favorite. I can just float in it for hours. I'm wishing I was in it right now as its so relaxing.

Thanks for taking me away from my troubles for a little while

I loved that purple fluffy flower, it was wild!

I have never driven in WDW, always take the buses. They are building a new parking garage.

That lazy river was so nice

Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #84
Pinkocto

Quote:
A coffee float sounds delicious. Does the Fantasy serve the same horrible coffee as the Wonder?
No clue! I've never tasted either mom says it's not bad but she puts lots of milk in hers. She devoured that coffee float.

Quote:
Ok so tell me more about the curved cabin??? It looks super cool. And roomy. The bow is the front? :
Yes, the bow is the front I don't know if the Wonder/Magic are set up this way but a bunch of the very front cabins on the Dream/Fantasy are much bigger than the usual cabins. They are even cheaper because they have a 'restricted' view. We thought this one was huge but the one we got for next year is probably twice the size. I have many more pictures to come, no worries.

Quote:
That Mac n cheese looks wonderful as do the fries. I'm dying for some Disney cruise grub!!!
SO GOOD!!!!

Quote:
Love the turtles. That's a special treat.
We were like little kids with those turtles! There's one! There's another one! There's two! It was very fun watching them.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #85
Pinkocto

Quote:
Thank you so very much !

Did you ever think that this chatty CM Richard had a crush???
See the guy in the sailor looking outfit? That's Richard. I inadvertently took a picture of him while getting one if the lobby on the first day.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #86
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Now Pam some folks pay good money for that kind of adrenaline rush in the morning lol..oh my you don't need that at the start of your cruise do you! Glad it got sorted though. Love those turtles! How I adore turtles! That must have been calming to see :-) they must have known. Did you know I sent you a turtle a gram?

I just love seeing those Mickey Ears before you board. My heart is rushing just thinking of it now! Once onboard it is a race against time to get to the room! I am super keen like you to see room then move out. I love to explore the ship but also beat the dreaded carts in the stateroom gangways. They don't play well with my rollator. I spend the sailing trying to avoid the times they appear! As compensation when I do get stuck with one I score more h2o products lol.

Love that lunch buffet! Jo loves those fries!

Your stateroom so roomy how lovely! Those corner rooms are great.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #87
Pinkocto

Quote:
Now Pam some folks pay good money for that kind of adrenaline rush in the morning lol..oh my you don't need that at the start of your cruise do you! Glad it got sorted though.
Oh my goodness, that was not a pleasant situation, not knowing. Thankfully it was quickly figured out.

Quote:
Love those turtles! How I adore turtles! That must have been calming to see :-) they must have known. Did you know I sent you a turtle a gram?
They were so cool. We watched them for a good hour. We saw them again when we came back the next weekend.

Quote:
I just love seeing those Mickey Ears before you board. My heart is rushing just thinking of it now! Once onboard it is a race against time to get to the room! I am super keen like you to see room then move out.
Usually we don't rush to the room. I really don't like how late you get to the ship when you leave from a resort. Hours are wasted. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the room, but much rather like getting to the ship around 11:00.

Quote:
I love to explore the ship but also beat the dreaded carts in the stateroom gangways. They don't play well with my rollator. I spend the sailing trying to avoid the times they appear! As compensation when I do get stuck with one I score more h2o products lol.
Well if they wont get out of the way might as well!

Quote:
Love that lunch buffet! Jo loves those fries!

Quote:
Your stateroom so roomy how lovely! Those corner rooms are great.
We loved it, couldn't get over how much room it had. More pictures to come.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #88
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
See the guy in the sailor looking outfit? That's Richard. I inadvertently took a picture of him while getting one if the lobby on the first day.

Ok he seems like a sugar daddy perhaps ?

Old 06-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #89
Pinkocto

We took the elevators right down to the club area. On the bigger ships the clubs are Aft which really worked in our favor this afternoon.

We didn't win anything but it was still an enjoyable meeting. One positive was the CMs told us to stop by the desk anytime during the cruise and they would combine our DVC lanyards and our CC lanyards. We also shared a little table and seating area with some lovely people.

After the meeting we went out and waited for the lifeboat drill. We were early so I took some photos

I was determined to play Shuffleboard this cruise

A CM saw me taking photos and offered to take one of us

Eventually it was over and we headed out. Loads of people were late and we had to wait for them. I managed to get us lost so I turned on the App and looked at the map. That was really cool. Unfortunately I couldn't get it working on moms phone.

We stopped and took some pictures of the lobby and then went up to the room.

It was awesome to be back on the Fantasy and all the gorgeous carpets

Not the best picture but you can kind of tell how big the Atrium is

We then walked to the Forward elevators but ended up taking the stairs up to the room. Everybody was heading up to the Sail Away Party

Hallway in front of the Buena Vista movie theater

Our glorious room, #7502. I had originally booked us an Aft verandah cabin, also on 7, but it saved $300 to switch to this one. I asked mom first and she was totally fine without having a verandah. There were two available in this category when I changed so I looked both of them up and picked this one because of how big people said it was. Then I scoured the web looking for pictures and was very pleased with my pick when I found them.

We were both very glad I had changed cabins. It had so much space, almost as big as the room at BCV. It was awesome.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 06-10-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #90
Pinkocto

We then decided to watch us sail away from Satellite Falls, the adult only area on Deck 13.

Love all the artwork in the stairwells

I would return to this area several times during the cruise, it was a safe haven from the wind.

It's not deep but you can sit in here.

Instead of the evenings' show we decided to go watch Muppets Most Wanted in the Buena Vista theater. This was a big break from tradition. Not only did we skip the Sail Away Party but we also skipped the first show. We were quite a bit detached from things this cruise.

We stopped for some ice cream first. I told mom they had to have changed the recipe and she agreed, it was much creamier than last year.

Love this! Vanilla for mom and chocolate for me.

Not many people in the theater. We thought the movie was great, very funny. We had skipped it when it came out on land knowing it would probably be on the ship.

Proof

We would be making a few more visits to this fun and comfortable place

After the movie we stopped by the DVC podium and my lanyard had surgery. They combined the two which I thought was too cool. Bill the DVC CM was regretting telling people at the meeting of this new found discovery.

More carpets

The characters were already out meeting their fans

I wanted to get some soda to keep in the room so we headed up to 11.

Back to the room to drop off my soda and we met our fabulous room steward Sam from India in the hallway. Words can not describe how fabulous Sam was. He made our trip even more special than it already was.

This was the first of his many gorgeous towel creations

Next up: dinner

Last edited by Pinkocto; 06-10-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: