Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #151
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Going to do a TR...hopefully I can get it going by Monday (hopefully )
Excellent! Let me know when you start

Quote:
We definitely have to stay there, but maybe for a split stay, and then focus on EP like you said. Did you walk or take the boat to DHS?
We took the boat to DHS. I wanted to walk but I'm glad we didn't. It was soooo hot!

Quote:
7 days on the Fantasy - May 30th - June 6th...Western Caribbean. We wanted to the Eastern, but it didn't coincide with our dates. No biggie, though....it's a Disney cruise, right?
Awesome! we'll miss you by two cruises, doing the May 16 Western. Exactly right, it's a Disney cruise! I don't care where we're going as long as I'm onboard!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #152
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Gal, I'm so behind.

AP looks amazing on the ship. Wow, it's so different than one on the Wonder.I love that you got the baked potato, sorry it wasn't as good as the Wonder's.

Your mom and I enjoy our Mickey bars. Was the cookie sundae as good as the strawberry?

Great pic of you and your cute mom!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #153
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Gal, I'm so behind.
No worries! it's not going anywhere and I'm taking my time with this one, no need to rush.

Quote:
AP looks amazing on the ship. Wow, it's so different than one on the Wonder.I love that you got the baked potato, sorry it wasn't as good as the Wonder's.
Both restaurants are beautiful and unique. Really no way to compare the two.

Quote:
Your mom and I enjoy our Mickey bars. Was the cookie sundae as good as the strawberry?
Oh, I had a strawberry one later in the cruise! But the cookie one was also quite delicious. I've found all the sundaes offered are quite scrumptious

Indeed about the Mickey Bars!

Quote:
Great pic of you and your cute mom!
Thanks

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #154
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dinner at AP looks super yummy! Those truffles. That tomato pie or tart or whatever it was. YUM!

So glad you were able to surprise your mom with the Remy dinner. A little bit of a surprise is always good. I can't wait to see what you both ended up having for dinner.

Bummer about the movie channel, or lack there of.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #155
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Excellent! Let me know when you start
All started! The link is in my signature.

Quote:

Awesome! we'll miss you by two cruises, doing the May 16 Western. Exactly right, it's a Disney cruise! I don't care where we're going as long as I'm onboard!
You are kidding!?! So close together! Guess that means you'll have to hurry back and get that TR going so I can read before our cruise

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #156
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I can't wait someday to try those pursettes! Everyone talks about them, I hope that they have them on the Wonder because we have a lot of Wonder cruises coming up. If not at least on the Dream since we have one of those booked!

I'm glad that your mother was happy about the advance warning for Remy and that you both hopefully enjoyed your time there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Corinna and I were wondering on her thread if they keep a file of your preferences in Remy and Palo as they seem to recall so much detail! Be interesting to see your next post!
Yes they do keep a dossier on all the guests, but it's very possible that your servers either don't read them or think that they must be mistaken because why would people not drink alcohol on a cruise or eat red meat. Most of these people come from other countries where customs are so different they just might not really "get it" and think that they can be the one to change you.

They definitely look at profiles when choosing tablemates and other things like that. How you got paired up with that group on the cruise with Jenny, I'll never know!
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:28 AM   #157
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I can't wait someday to try those pursettes! Everyone talks about them, I hope that they have them on the Wonder because we have a lot of Wonder cruises coming up. If not at least on the Dream since we have one of those booked! I'm glad that your mother was happy about the advance warning for Remy and that you both hopefully enjoyed your time there. Yes they do keep a dossier on all the guests, but it's very possible that your servers either don't read them or think that they must be mistaken because why would people not drink alcohol on a cruise or eat red meat. Most of these people come from other countries where customs are so different they just might not really "get it" and think that they can be the one to change you. They definitely look at profiles when choosing tablemates and other things like that. How you got paired up with that group on the cruise with Jenny, I'll never know!
cool re dossier on guests :-) that would explain my perrier water and earl grey already waiting for me at my Palo table :-) plus plastic cutlery ( I can't pick up metal hurts my wrists ) . Very impressive.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #158
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
I can't wait someday to try those pursettes! Everyone talks about them, I hope that they have them on the Wonder because we have a lot of Wonder cruises coming up. If not at least on the Dream since we have one of those booked!
They are definitely on the Wonder. I had them on our Panama Canal cruise. I am getting myself all confused again. I am about 2.5 installments ahead as far a writing my trip report is concerned so I sometimes think that I have posted something that I have not at that point.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #159
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Dinner at AP looks super yummy! Those truffles. That tomato pie or tart or whatever it was. YUM!
Bith those appetizers are so good. The tomato thing was like a little pizza in a croissant type crust. Yummy!!!

Quote:
So glad you were able to surprise your mom with the Remy dinner. A little bit of a surprise is always good. I can't wait to see what you both ended up having for dinner.
Im excited to share about Remy, it exceeded all our expectations.

Quote:
Bummer about the movie channel, or lack there of.
I was sooooo disappointed

Old 06-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #160
Pinkocto

Quote:
All started! The link is in my signature.
Thank you!

Quote:
You are kidding!?! So close together! Guess that means you'll have to hurry back and get that TR going so I can read before our cruise
When you said 11 months I was hoping we might be on the same one. HA! No way jose! It took me a good three weeks back to get this one started.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:55 PM   #161
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that sending peaceful thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Thank you so very much !

The porthole was great. The size of the room was awesome. Mom says she's fine with just a porthole and that's better for my wallet.
So you didn't feel closed off with no balcony?

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #162
Pinkocto

Quote:
I saw Corinna answered this, they're definitely on the Wonder.

Quote:
I'm glad that your mother was happy about the advance warning for Remy and that you both hopefully enjoyed your time there.
I'm excited to share our Remy evening. It went beyond our expectations.

Quote:
Yes they do keep a dossier on all the guests, but it's very possible that your servers either don't read them or think that they must be mistaken because why would people not drink alcohol on a cruise or eat red meat. Most of these people come from other countries where customs are so different they just might not really "get it" and think that they can be the one to change you.
Probably so. They look at it and think 'this must be wrong'

Quote:
They definitely look at profiles when choosing tablemates and other things like that. How you got paired up with that group on the cruise with Jenny, I'll never know!
I'm thinking brcause of Josh's age being similar to the younger tablemates. Quite the story to share though, they aren't forgettable!

Old 06-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #163
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
cool re dossier on guests :-) that would explain my perrier water and earl grey already waiting for me at my Palo table :-) plus plastic cutlery ( I can't pick up metal hurts my wrists ) . Very impressive.
Now that is what I call service!

Old 06-21-2014, 04:43 PM   #164
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
So you didn't feel closed off with no balcony?
Not in the least. We've done two cruises with balconies, 1 cruise in an inside, and this was mom's first time with a porthole, my second. We liked all of them, including the inside. I actually prefer not having a balcony, only because it forces us out of the room. We felt guilty leaving the balcony. This way we are out enjoying the ship more.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #165
Pinkocto

Sunday, May 11. Day at Sea and Motherís Day

Today was a day at sea so we didnít set any alarms and slept in. Mom woke up at 8:30 and me at 9:07. She unpacked until I woke up and then showered. Then I unpacked and put our magnets up. Mom was in desperate need for coffee so went up to Deck 11 while I got ready. I went to find her when I was ready. During our unpacking I had quite the moment of panic. I couldnít find my ipad anywhere. The last time I had seen it was in the Solarium at the BC. Richard had been so chatty, was it a possibility that I left it behind? A slew of Ďwhat to dosí went through my mind. Should we call BC to see if anyone had turned it in. what if they didnít, then what would I do? Mom calmly asked me if I had put it in the safe the night before. Now that could be! I immediately went to check and it was safely tucked away in the safe. Whew! I must have been quite tired to have forgotten, it was very unlike me.

When I met mom upstairs we headed to Cabanas for breakfast.

We went to eat outside. My plates are closest, momís opposite. French toast and a raspberry donut for me. For mom an omelet, fruit, mango yogurt, a chocolate donut, and a piece of French toast.

After our very delicious breakfast we went down to guest services to apply some giftcards. We also got an extra Navigator and planned our attack of the day. There was a 3:30 showing of Bears in the Buena Vista Theater that caught our eye. It was only 11:09 at the time so we decided to head up to Satellite Falls and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

It was super windy so I left mom enjoying the sun and found shelter by the protective wall.

I wrote in my journal for a good two hours and finally caught up. At some point they played all 7 of the shipís horns. Hearing those horns is such a magical thing.

When I was caught up in the journal I felt the need to go to Remy and confirm momís vegetarian meal and ask them about my requirements. I let mom know where I was going and saw two of our tablemates enjoying the water. We chatted a bit, they had been to Palo brunch that morning for Motherís Day. Oh Palo brunch, how I missed you this trip!

I took some pictures on the way to Remy

The only time you really feel the amount of people on the ship is on sea days

At Remy I talked to the lady at the podium about our reservation. She said momís meal was already noted as vegetarian, excellent, and I asked if it was necessary to note my different requirements. She said it was always helpful to note anything from the ordinary and happily put that Iím allergic to crab and donít eat red meat or poultry.

With my mind at ease I went back and found mom. She had had enough sun and we went in search of some food. We started at the Quiet Cove Cafť and got some treats.

The one on the left was a macadamia nut/caramel poundcake which mom had, and I had a chocolate chip/brownie cookie. Both of these were fabulous!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: