Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 01:10 PM   #1
Disney Frenhines
Mouseketeer

Annual Pass

Can you buy the DDP if you are an annual pass holder staying at a Disney resort? I know the package companies won't do it unless you buy the PH tickets, but, if I booked the hotel through Expedia, for example, can I go to Disney and add the DDP afterwards as I did with the DMExpress
Disney Frenhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

You cannot get a dining plan at all if you book through a third party site like Expedia.

If you book through Disney, you can book a ticketless package as an AP holder - just room and dining.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Frenhines View Post
Can you buy the DDP if you are an annual pass holder staying at a Disney resort? I know the package companies won't do it unless you buy the PH tickets, but, if I booked the hotel through Expedia, for example, can I go to Disney and add the DDP afterwards as I did with the DMExpress
You can book an AP + Dine (ticketless) package through Disney, but as the pp said, the DDP isn't available when booking through a third party.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:10 AM   #4
lovewdwdvc
DIS Veteran

Ap

Let me see if I have this correct. Last month I booked the free dining and was told that I had to get a 2 day ticket for each of the people in the room. If I give them our AP numbers will they not make us get the tickets? Otherwise we were planning to get the tickets;not use them and use the money for our next AP. It would be great if I did not have to keep track of the tickets that we do not use.

RESORTS: POP, ASSp, Poly, BWI, SSR, CBR, Swan, VWL, AKL, Dixie Landings, POR, PORFQ,BWV. BCV, Fort Wilderness Cabin, BCV
lovewdwdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:52 AM   #5
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewdwdvc View Post
Let me see if I have this correct. Last month I booked the free dining and was told that I had to get a 2 day ticket for each of the people in the room. If I give them our AP numbers will they not make us get the tickets? Otherwise we were planning to get the tickets;not use them and use the money for our next AP. It would be great if I did not have to keep track of the tickets that we do not use.
Even if you have an AP, the Free Dining special requires the purchase of a minimum of 2 day tickets for everyone in the room who is 3 years or older. You can use the tickets towards renewing your AP, save the tickets for a future trip when you don't have an AP or give them to anyone you wish. Additional requirements for FD are room at rack rate and a minimum stay of 3 nights .
Old 06-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
Even if you have an AP, the Free Dining special requires the purchase of a minimum of 2 day tickets for everyone in the room who is 3 years or older. You can use the tickets towards renewing your AP, save the tickets for a future trip when you don't have an AP or give them to anyone you wish. Additional requirements for FD are room at rack rate and a minimum stay of 3 nights .
This is correct. FD requires everyone (including AP holders) to get a minimum 2 day base ticket.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There are no exceptions for free dining. Anyone who purchases a package on the free dining promotion must add at least 2 day tickets, even if they would be eligible for a ticketless package outside of the promotion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: