Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

1900 Park Fare or CP?

I'm trying to decide on our non-princess, non-Fab Five character meal for our next trip. We've done CP before and really enjoyed it, but I'm thinking of trying 1900 Park Fare for something different. Here's what I need to know:

1. What characters did you see at breakfast? Was it just Mary Poppins and Alice? Or did you get some Winnie the Pooh characters as well?

2. How is the food? We'd hit MK at rope drop (possibly for EMH), and then come over for a late brunch. Would that be good?

I haven't heard a ton about the breakfast at 1900, so any feedback is much appreciated!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Kimosabe
DIS Veteran

For breakfast at 1900 PF, you typically get Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter and a couple of Pooh characters -- sort of the British invasion of Disney characters and definitely a fun option. I would vote yes on hitting rope drop, pushing through several rides with short lines, and then taking a mid-morning brunch break as the crowds start coming in. You could theoretically save your FP options for late morning/early afternoon and make very efficient use of the day. As for the food at 1900 PF, it's hard to mess up breakfast, honestly. The strawberry soup gives it a unique option that is not available elsewhere, and in general, the food is quite good. It's not a meal that you're necessarily going to remember for the food, but neither would anybody typically leave 1900 PF complaining. It's a solid entertainment/dining option.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #3
olwyngdh
DIS Veteran

We love 1900 PF breakfast, and if I wasn't looking for the early in option next trip, I would definitely be going for it over CP! Can't do CRT next trip because our 2 credit is going for Candlelight Processional--that one does beat 1900PF

olwyngdh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Sleeping Becca
It went to Looneyland, by way of Crazytown, with a detour through Wackoville, and a stop for snacks in Bonkerscity

I have had multiple meals at both, as they are staples for my family. My daughter is autistic and character obsessed, she will be 17 on our next trip and is still as enthusiastic about the characters maybe even moreso than when she was 3. That said we have done ALL of the character meals at least once.
I give the character edge to 1900 PF at both breakfast and dinner.
The food is equivicable at breakfast nothing overly special at either place. If I had to choose based on food alone at breakfast I would go with 1900 just for the variety of offerings.
The best meal foodwise at each location is lunch at Crystal Palace, they have a great cold bar, and dinner at 1900 PF, honestly the best coq au vin I have ever had, strange but true.
Stay away from Crystal Palace at dinner, gross.
Location goes to Crystal Palace, you can not beat MK and the feel of the restaurant itself is special, light airy and open.
Timewise, CP will take less time. I find 1900 to be slower paced in terms of character trotting so if you want to hit rope drop CP is a better bet.

You can not go wrong with either choice. They are both good character meals.

A Dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep

'79- Holiday Inn*'83-Viscount(Disney Village)*'90- Poly (Gold Key)*'94- Carribean Beach*'97- Summerfield Suites (Yes, I saw "the cake")*'98- Westgate*'01- All Star Movies*'03- Carribean Beach*'05- All Star Movies*'05- Homewood Suites-*07Disneyland Hotel-*08 MNSSHP Peabody-*08 MVMCP Pop Century-*09 Grand Floridian-*09 MNSSHP Contemporary-*10 All Star Movies-*-Boardwalk
Sleeping Becca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
disney meema
DIS Veteran

We like 1900 park fare and breakfast/brunch is very good ... I like the idea of something new too so my vote is to give this fun experience a try : )
Hit the EMH for a couple of hours and then head over to the Floridian
disney meema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

We've been to both But our family's favorite is 1900 Park Fare Breakfast. We went in November and met Alice, The Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Winnie the Pooh. It was my dd16's favorite meal of the trip!

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-Caribbean Beach Resort
disney is my life is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: