Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 07:33 PM   #16
coley444
Mouseketeer

If you ever run into this again you can search google by an image. If you screen grab and save the picture to your desktop or right click save image if available, you can then drag it into Google or browse and navigate to the file and search by image. Any other webpage that has that image would come up. That likely would've pulled up the Saratoga Springs page you ultimately found.
coley444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #17
jelong
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley444 View Post
If you ever run into this again you can search google by an image. If you screen grab and save the picture to your desktop or right click save image if available, you can then drag it into Google or browse and navigate to the file and search by image. Any other webpage that has that image would come up. That likely would've pulled up the Saratoga Springs page you ultimately found.
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that's the first thing I tried. All it came up with was the same advertisement in various languages and on various pages.

BTW, the easiest way to use Google image search is to copy the URL of the actual image, go to images.google.com, then click the little camera in the search bar. You can paste the URL of the image, and it will search without you having to download it.

It's funny because even Google image searching on the actual high-resolution image from the Saratoga Springs page just gives the Dining Plan advertisement. I guess Disney has blocked Google from scraping their images.
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 PM   #18
coley444
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelong View Post
Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately that's the first thing I tried. All it came up with was the same advertisement in various languages and on various pages. BTW, the easiest way to use Google image search is to copy the URL of the actual image, go to images.google.com, then click the little camera in the search bar. You can paste the URL of the image, and it will search without you having to download it. It's funny because even Google image searching on the actual high-resolution image from the Saratoga Springs page just gives the Dining Plan advertisement. I guess Disney has blocked Google from scraping their images.
I tend to have trouble with the URL way from some reason. That's too bad it didn't work. I didn't test it before posting.

Curious if you tried right clicking and inspecting the source elements. I wonder if the meta tags or file name of the picture in the HTML source code said the name of the dessert or Saratoga. I'll have to investigate when I get on a desk top.

----
I just went to the webpage on Google Chrome. Even easier you can right click on the picture and select "Search Google for this Image". I didn't know that before!

I also checked out the "alt" text description on the photo by right clicking and selecting "Inspect Element"

The associated link from secure. parksandresorts. wdpromedia .com wasn't helpful and the alt text description is, "A slice of chocolate cake on a plate with a dollop of whipped cream and a coffee cup of ice cream"

lol good description but not very helpful for deciphering where to find it!

Last edited by coley444; 05-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.
coley444 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cake, dessert, help me!, restaurant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: