DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #16
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

I have one question, and a couple of comments.

The question is, "Can DVC sell direct to someone in Scotland?" I don't think they can; you'd better double check to be sure.

The other comments are:
  • The primary benefits to purchasing direct are 1) you get the points immediately, and 2) you can finance...IF you consider that a benefit (I don't.). If you have to wait 3-4 months on a waitlist, that benefit is lost.
  • Check the points charts carefully. 160 points is not enough to get a one bedroom for a full week in ANY season at BCV.
  • The "benefits" Disney's timeshare salesmen talk about (cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc) are NOT guaranteed to any purchaser -- direct or resale. They can be -- and HAVE BEEN -- changed or eliminated at any time with little or no notice to the owner. Also, before you even think about considering those direct-purchase perks as a "benefit," check the points cost. In most cases, they are very expensive and very poor values.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #17
z28wiz
WDW ROCKS
With all the clapping going on, the TF hopes that z28wiz doesn't have "clapper" lamps in his house!!!!!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
I have one question, and a couple of comments. The question is, "Can DVC sell direct to someone in Scotland?" I don't think they can; you'd better double check to be sure. The other comments are:[*]The primary benefits to purchasing direct are 1) you get the points immediately, and 2) you can finance...IF you consider that a benefit (I don't.). If you have to wait 3-4 months on a waitlist, that benefit is lost.[*]Check the points charts carefully. 160 points is not enough to get a one bedroom for a full week in ANY season at BCV.[*]The "benefits" Disney's timeshare salesmen talk about (cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc) are NOT guaranteed to any purchaser -- direct or resale. They can be -- and HAVE BEEN -- changed or eliminated at any time with little or no notice to the owner. Also, before you even think about considering those direct-purchase perks as a "benefit," check the points cost. In most cases, they are very expensive and very poor values.
There is a company Monera Financial that does financing pretty much the same way as disney direct. The timeshare store recommends them. I actually used them for a short term loan while I have my money tied up in other ventures at the time and didn't want to pull it out at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
CBR-7/02, POR-5/03,DCL WONDER 5/6/04-5/9/04, CBR 5/9/04-5/16/04, CORONADO SPRINGS 4/4/05-4/9/05 (HONEYMOON), WL- 4/9/05-4/16/05(HONEYMOON), CBR-12/2/05-12/10/05, WL-3/30/06-4/6/06, DL PARADISE PIER-6/13/08-6/17/08
HHI 4/29/10-5/1/10, AKLV 05/01/10-05/08/10 (Boys first trip), SSR 12/4/10-12/10/10, WLV 4/22-4/28/11 & DCL DREAM 4/28/11-5/1/11, HHI 8/22-8/28/11
ART OF ANIMATION 1/21-1/22 DCL DREAM 1/22-1/26/12 & BLT 1/26-1/29/12.DCL MAGIC 6/15/12-6/17 DCL DREAM 8/5/12-8/10/12, BCV 10/3/12-10/9/12 DCL FANTASY 01/19/13-01/26/13, WLV 8/2-8/8/13, DCL DREAM 8/8-8/11/13 BWV 10/2013 VGF 2/9-2/10/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/10-2/14/14 DISNEY MAGIC 2/14-2/17/14, VERO BEACH 7/2-7/7/14, SSR 7/7-7/11/14 BWV 10/8-10/12/14, VGF 2/10-2/13/15 DISNEY DREAM 2/13-2/16/15

z28wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
lynrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have one question, and a couple of comments.

The question is, "Can DVC sell direct to someone in Scotland?" I don't think they can; you'd better double check to be sure.

The other comments are:
  • The primary benefits to purchasing direct are 1) you get the points immediately, and 2) you can finance...IF you consider that a benefit (I don't.). If you have to wait 3-4 months on a waitlist, that benefit is lost.
  • Check the points charts carefully. 160 points is not enough to get a one bedroom for a full week in ANY season at BCV.
  • The "benefits" Disney's timeshare salesmen talk about (cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc) are NOT guaranteed to any purchaser -- direct or resale. They can be -- and HAVE BEEN -- changed or eliminated at any time with little or no notice to the owner. Also, before you even think about considering those direct-purchase perks as a "benefit," check the points cost. In most cases, they are very expensive and very poor values.
Disney are aware we are from Scotland. We will be paying cash.

I am looking at resale today so don't think we will be going with Disney.
lynrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

As a timeshare developer, the laws for Disney, advertising, and closing the sale are different than a resale. DVD has a team of people who work on their real estate licensing for the different States and Countries.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #20
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynrip View Post
Disney are aware we are from Scotland. We will be paying cash.

I am looking at resale today so don't think we will be going with Disney.
I think that's the right choice for you . Remember, those are *asking* prices and things can be negotiated. Check the right of first refusal thread for point prices that have recently passed ROFR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3232755. Good luck!
Old 05-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #21
HokieGCC
BWV Owners

Our Experience

This is our experience / analysis which may be different from others.

I have been going to DW since the day it opened. My family (of 4) have made yearly treks there since since 1997. We stayed in Moderates and eventually moved to Deluxe resorts. In 2013 we finally bought into DVC resale. I am not convinced buying direct saves you any money (if you shop for specials and promotions). We thought about it for years. I do believe that buying resale will save you money in about year 8. So, for us ... if it weren't for resale we would not be DVC members.

The second major thing was previously covered but I wanted to add emphasis. Once you visit DW a dozen times lets say your resort becomes more important. With adult kids that grew up with Disney we don't do too many commando park days anymore. So the resort becomes half or more of the vacation. We think BCV is the best overall resort with BWV being a close second due to the boardwalk and walking access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

Good luck with your decision.

HokieGCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:50 AM   #22
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have one question, and a couple of comments. The question is, "Can DVC sell direct to someone in Scotland?" I don't think they can; you'd better double check to be sure. The other comments are:[*]The primary benefits to purchasing direct are 1) you get the points immediately, and 2) you can finance...IF you consider that a benefit (I don't.). If you have to wait 3-4 months on a waitlist, that benefit is lost.[*]Check the points charts carefully. 160 points is not enough to get a one bedroom for a full week in ANY season at BCV.[*]The "benefits" Disney's timeshare salesmen talk about (cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc) are NOT guaranteed to any purchaser -- direct or resale. They can be -- and HAVE BEEN -- changed or eliminated at any time with little or no notice to the owner. Also, before you even think about considering those direct-purchase perks as a "benefit," check the points cost. In most cases, they are very expensive and very poor values.
Disney sell direct to anyone in the UK, you just can't use Disney finance unless you buy in Orlando. uK is one of the few places outside the US they can sell direct to.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #23
lynrip
Earning My Ears

Update

Well I persuaded DH to go resale. We have just had an offer accepted, deposit is paid and it's gone to ROFR. Let the waiting commence!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #24
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Fantastic!

Thanks for coming back with an update. Now we want details.

Best of luck with ROFR!
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:10 PM   #25
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I persuaded DH to go resale. We have just had an offer accepted, deposit is paid and it's gone to ROFR. Let the waiting commence!!!
That is a wise choice given the circumstance. Enjoy your membership.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:28 AM   #26
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Best of luck.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 AM   #27
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations! Which resort?
Old 06-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #28
lynrip
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Fantastic!

Thanks for coming back with an update. Now we want details.

Best of luck with ROFR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
Congratulations! Which resort?
My first choice would have been BCV but looking ahead my two DD's prefer being nearer DTD so we decided on SRS. We have gone for 200 points which will, hopefully, allow us some flexibility and of getting BVC at the 7month window. We don't and won't travel peak times so we are hoping 200 points are enough.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #29
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Quote:
My first choice would have been BCV but looking ahead my two DD's prefer being nearer DTD so we decided on SRS. We have gone for 200 points which will, hopefully, allow us some flexibility and of getting BVC at the 7month window. We don't and won't travel peak times so we are hoping 200 points are enough.
Very nice choice. We also love being near DTD and SSR cannot be beat for that. Plus SSR has a longer contract life and lower dues. Hopefully you can get into BCV at 7 months but if you can't there are lots of other great places to stay.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #30
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizBub View Post
Very nice choice. We also love being near DTD and SSR cannot be beat for that. Plus SSR has a longer contract life and lower dues. Hopefully you can get into BCV at 7 months but if you can't there are lots of other great places to stay.
I also agree that's a good choice! If you don't get into BCV right away in the 7-month window you can try to waitlist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: