Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
meljean
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 307

Critique my ADRs please :)

So we have booked our ADRs for November and I have never asked for opinions so I thought I would throw mine out there. We seem to do the same meals each time we have been there but are doing a few new ones this trip..here we go!

Arrival Garden Grill dinner
Sunday Crystal Palace dinner
Monday TRex lunch
Tuesday Tusker House breakfast
Wednesday LTT dinner
Thursday Sci Fi Lunch
Friday Ohanas breakfast

Any thoughts? I have 3 children, 7, 4 and 1. We have not done Ohanas breakfast before and LTT and GG I did as a child. Thoughts? Thanks!
__________________
CBR '96, CBR '05, All Stars Movies '06, Saratoga Springs '09, Pop Century '11

MeDH : DS-6 DS-4: DD 1


meljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Leveretttltl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 88

We love Garden Grill. It's one of my favorites. We also really enjoy Tusker House for Breakfast. Crystal Palace is not my favorite. The food to me is not that great, but of course we loved the characters. T-Rex is a must for us every trip. We also enjoyed our dinner at Sci-Fi a few years ago. I have not eaten at LTT since the 90's so I'm no help there. As for Ohana breakfast, we have ressies in Oct. I've never been, but have heard nothing but good things.

All in all you have made some good choices in my opinion
Leveretttltl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 894

FYI. LTT is no longer character meal like it used to be. Just want to point that out because we weren't aware and DS was not happy with us.
__________________
Amy
atisikitabasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
DisneyFansInNYC
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFansInNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljean View Post
So we have booked our ADRs for November and I have never asked for opinions so I thought I would throw mine out there. We seem to do the same meals each time we have been there but are doing a few new ones this trip..here we go!

Arrival Garden Grill dinner Cant wait to try it.
Sunday Crystal Palace dinner Love the characters.
Monday TRex lunch
Tuesday Tusker House breakfast Love it.
Wednesday LTT dinner
Thursday Sci Fi Lunch We all love this place.
Friday Ohanas breakfast Love it for dinner.

Any thoughts? I have 3 children, 7, 4 and 1. We have not done Ohanas breakfast before and LTT and GG I did as a child. Thoughts? Thanks!
Great choices. Haven't done LTT - want to though. Enjoy
__________________
Me DH DD DD
DS DD Dog

Our 2013 Disney Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSzd7LSuFc
DisneyFansInNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #5
memakwed
Mouseketeer
 
memakwed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 439

We like Garden grill, but my son only eats the mac and cheese there. He doesn't enjoy the chicken leg sweet potato fries or broccoli and he's not a super picky eater. He does however enjoy the adult foods, rolls, salad, mashed potato.

Crystal palace we ate there once about 5 yrs ago for the characters but haven't done it again. It was not on anyone's must do list for return trips.

Trex loud oh so lud but fun, meteor shower might be scary for the 1 yr old but overall fun! DH loves it there. Kids meals are average and we usually get salads or a burger. Salads are large and good.

Tusker house- haven't done the breakfast but have done lunch, enjoyable but a little pushy with the Donald pic.

LTT love to go!

SCIFI- haven't been in 10 yrs due to our family's size for seating, just went over menu tonight and son said he wouldn't enjoy it-he's 10 so adult menu now.

Ohana - We go for breakfast and love it! We take our time, there's a little parade around the room, lilo stitch, mickey and pluto. Scrambled eggs, mickey waffle and juice are our favorite parts but all the food is good.
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/0p11ex17smtfdj8i.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,153

Well we've only been to two of those(we've had Crystal Palace for breakfast only).

You can't go wrong with Sci-fi...seriously we've done it four times and will do it again for our next trip.

Ohana for breakfast is AWESOME! Love the food, adorable characters and songs!
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #7
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,153

Overall...it looks like there is a lot of variety that takes you to all parts of WDW and that's a good thing...I'd be really excited to try that slate of ADR's you have.
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #8
margaret07013
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 108

I would change one thing: arrival date = Downtown Disney, than Monday = Epcot day.

You are coming with small children and just from my experience kids will be tired on first day. I know each family is different, but I didn't do park on arrival day with my kids ( 2.5 and 4.5 yrs old ). We arrived at the hotel at 12:30pm, quick lunch, swim, hour of nap and than Downtown Disney from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljean View Post
Arrival Garden Grill dinner
Sunday Crystal Palace dinner
Monday TRex lunch
Tuesday Tusker House breakfast
Wednesday LTT dinner
Thursday Sci Fi Lunch
Friday Ohanas breakfast

Any thoughts?
margaret07013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
meljean
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
Well we've only been to two of those(we've had Crystal Palace for breakfast only).

You can't go wrong with Sci-fi...seriously we've done it four times and will do it again for our next trip.

Ohana for breakfast is AWESOME! Love the food, adorable characters and songs!
Thanks for the Ohana ! We LOVE Sci-fi but have never done the Ohana breakfast, only dinner. I'm a little nervous about it but my kids love Stitch so I thought we'd give it a shot. Thanks for the feedback!
__________________
CBR '96, CBR '05, All Stars Movies '06, Saratoga Springs '09, Pop Century '11

MeDH : DS-6 DS-4: DD 1


meljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
GillianP1301
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 840

Arrival Garden Grill dinner - Love this one! It's our favourite character meal (and we do a lot of them!) It's becoming a must do on every trip for us.

Sunday Crystal Palace dinner - I've only done CP for breakfast because I like the before park opening entry. The breakfast food is pretty good, no great, but good. Love Pooh and Friends so that's the big draw there for us.

Monday TRex lunch - We ate there 2 trips ago and it's pretty neat! Atmosphere is so cool and the food is pretty decent as well. We have it booked for our upcoming trip again.

Tuesday Tusker House breakfast - This was nothing special, IMO. I find it the most rushed/crowded/cramped of any of the character meals we've done and have of the 2 times we have gone, never had any overly memorable character interactions. We're trying it for lunch this time instead to see if there is any difference.

Wednesday LTT dinner - Never eaten here, but it is on our ADR list for lunch this trip and really looking forward to it!

Thursday Sci Fi Lunch - One of our very favourites! Love the atmosphere and I like the food too, milkshakes are pretty yummy. It makes for such a great break in the middle of a hot day because it's dark, very quiet and cool. Must do for us!

Friday Ohanas breakfast - Traditionally our last breakfast of our trip before we head to the airport. Stitch is fun! I also like that it's a character meal but not a buffet, but rather family style. You still get the all you can eat component, but it gets served to you instead. Win win! One of the better ones for us (food wise) of the buffets/family style.
__________________
_____________________________________________
Art of Animation Cars Suite - Aug 2015 - Mommy & DS7 are going back!
Art of Animation Nemo Suite - Aug 2014 - Mommy & DS6 trip
POP & Offsite - Aug 2013 - MB/FP+ test
Caribbean Beach Resort - Aug 2012 - First visit with DS4
Disneyland - 2003 - Solo business trip
WDW Offsite - 1997 - 5th Anniversary
WDW Offsite - 1992 - Honeymooon
WDW Offsite - 1986 - First WDW trip
GillianP1301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
meljean
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianP1301 View Post
Arrival Garden Grill dinner - Love this one! It's our favourite character meal (and we do a lot of them!) It's becoming a must do on every trip for us.

Sunday Crystal Palace dinner - I've only done CP for breakfast because I like the before park opening entry. The breakfast food is pretty good, no great, but good. Love Pooh and Friends so that's the big draw there for us.

Monday TRex lunch - We ate there 2 trips ago and it's pretty neat! Atmosphere is so cool and the food is pretty decent as well. We have it booked for our upcoming trip again.

Tuesday Tusker House breakfast - This was nothing special, IMO. I find it the most rushed/crowded/cramped of any of the character meals we've done and have of the 2 times we have gone, never had any overly memorable character interactions. We're trying it for lunch this time instead to see if there is any difference.

Wednesday LTT dinner - Never eaten here, but it is on our ADR list for lunch this trip and really looking forward to it!

Thursday Sci Fi Lunch - One of our very favourites! Love the atmosphere and I like the food too, milkshakes are pretty yummy. It makes for such a great break in the middle of a hot day because it's dark, very quiet and cool. Must do for us!

Friday Ohanas breakfast - Traditionally our last breakfast of our trip before we head to the airport. Stitch is fun! I also like that it's a character meal but not a buffet, but rather family style. You still get the all you can eat component, but it gets served to you instead. Win win! One of the better ones for us (food wise) of the buffets/family style.
Awesome!! Thanks for another positive on Ohana breakfast! I'm getting more excited! I have also not done GG in about 18 years so hoping we enjoy it this time!
__________________
CBR '96, CBR '05, All Stars Movies '06, Saratoga Springs '09, Pop Century '11

MeDH : DS-6 DS-4: DD 1


meljean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: