Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Figmentforever24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fommt2 View Post
Without being a smart Alec, Scotland is in the uk dde03
Well you are being a smart alec so you can just...no im joking your good. I think that's why it would be good next to United Kingdom. Be almost an extension of the country yet its on entity.
Figmentforever24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #17
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckergald View Post
I think they should convert one of those islands in the middle of the lake to Cuba. Think of the fun this could bring.
What a great idea--- you could take a boat there, but you have to swim back.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2014, 05:52 PM   #18
Legendteri
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnewton View Post
I always think it looks like there's plenty of room between Germany and China. Maybe a small space between France and Morocco as well. I'd love to see Greece or Brazil represented as South America has no pavilions. For Greece, I imagined a force-perspective Acropolis in the background, restaurants and shops featuring tradition Greek columns. Brazil: maybe based on the surroundings of Rio? Not too familiar with the culture, but as far as food, I think a really nice Signature restaurant similar to Texas de Brazil with table-side meat carving would be awesome.

I've obviously given this little thought
Maybe a Brazil pavilion could have an amazon themed water ride?

I personally would love to see Switzerland represented with a Fondue restaurant, but I doubt that would happen since Europe is well represented. Greece would be a wonderful addition too as would India.
Legendteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #19
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1976 View Post
Wishes is the game.It won't happen anytime soon.
~LOL. I know but this question is just so common, I thought I would put something different out there! Anyway, someone did a poll a few years ago asking what country should be added to World Showcase --->~What country should be added to World Showcase?~<--- -- and Australia was number one and Greece came in second -- I voted for Greece and I'm still waiting! I've long given up on hoping to see a new country added to the World Showcase, it just seems like a lost cause.

~With that said, Epcot needs new rides and attractions so bad, especially with the tiers put in place for FP+. Disney can easily throw up a few fabulous dark rides and sim type rides in the empty spaces just like Universal does all the time!
`

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #20
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post
I would love to see more countries also but from what I understand, the country themselves sponsors it's country.
The Yesterland article busts this myth:

http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

Disney originally hoped that countries would sponsor national pavilions, just as at world's fairs, but that didn't happen. Many of the original World Showcase countries had business participation of some sort, but not all of them. Often that just meant lessees in retail spaces or outside restaurant companies.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #21
Son of Gadsden
Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

I would love to see Russia and Greece in the World Showcase.

But then again, if that happened, how the heck would I ever pick where to eat.

I already stress myself out trying to pick a country.

Poly- '92, '94,'98, '00, '11, '12,
POR- 10'
AoA- April '13, Dec '13
Pop- Dec '13, Apr '14
CSR- '13
Son of Gadsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
ckergald
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
What a great idea--- you could take a boat there, but you have to swim back.
I was thinking they could fashion some rafts out of old cars and rain jackets, and take those back and forth to the USA pavilion, or if you want to go to Canada just a regular boat. They could sell mojitos and put a cigar smoking section too.
ckergald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #23
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

C'mon, c'mon...let's get ourselves some Brazil or Ireland! Maybe Scotland...

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(14) DB(11) DB(9) DS(5)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle and Hiro Hamada of San Fransokyo!
"Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion."
"THERE ARE NO RED LIGHTS IN A CAR CHASE!!"
"Oh, look at that. I've been impaled."
"There's your act of love right there! Riding across the fjords like a valiant, pungent reindeer king!"
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:14 PM   #24
derekleigh
Mouseketeer

Would love to see more countries added. Russia, Spain, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Egypt, and others more be great additions.

For the longest time I thought the semi-occupied African Outpost was the last remaining pavilion to be utilized. But seeing how 8 more countries could fit, I'm surprised Disney isn't looking to add a few.

I agree with others when saying Epcot: World Showcase should focus more on food and culture rather than rides. Just my $.02

derekleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekleigh View Post
Would love to see more countries added. Russia, Spain, Switzerland, India, Brazil, Egypt, and others more be great additions.

For the longest time I thought the semi-occupied African Outpost was the last remaining pavilion to be utilized. But seeing how 8 more countries could fit, I'm surprised Disney isn't looking to add a few.

I agree with others when saying Epcot: World Showcase should focus more on food and culture rather than rides. Just my $.02
Disney has displayed zero...nada, nil...public interest in new countries...

All that you say was either part of the original
Plan or locked down by about 1985...

I think it's wishful thinking...if you hoping that they "just haven't gotten around to it"... That is a longshot.

I believe the major stumbling block is the sponsorship agreements in EPCOT that Disney still stubbornly insists upon.
Countries and companies paid for a "captive" audience at wdw when the world was alot smaller... Telecom, computer, and most significantly the Internet age has rendered the "permanent worlds fair" concept increasingly obselete...

In fact...the move towards "thrill rides" in future world 15 years ago was - I believe - acknowledgement of that...
They just would commit, Mikey got cheap and crazy, and it was largely botched.

And here we are...they seem to be gearing for an imagination redo and they have been augmenting the good offering around the park...
I'm happy with those small steps if they continue to add some new options...it's a start.

I think we've read the "Russian, Greece, Spain, brazil" rumors about 8,000 times by now... With zero signs whatsoever it's even been thought of...
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #26
derekleigh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post

I think it's wishful thinking...if you hoping that they "just haven't gotten around to it"... That is a longshot.

I believe the major stumbling block is the sponsorship agreements in EPCOT that Disney still stubbornly insists upon.
Countries and companies paid for a "captive" audience at wdw when the world was alot smaller... Telecom, computer, and most significantly the Internet age has rendered the "permanent worlds fair" concept increasingly obselete...

In fact...the move towards "thrill rides" in future world 15 years ago was - I believe - acknowledgement of that...

And here we are...they seem to be gearing for an imagination redo and they have been augmenting the good offering around the park...
I'm happy with those small steps if they continue to add some new options...it's a start.

I think we've read the "Russian, Greece, Spain, brazil" rumors about 8,000 times by now... With zero signs whatsoever it's even been thought of...
I don't expect Disney to just up and add 8 new countries or even 3 or 4. From a business POV, those spots allow future use to help keep World Showcase interesting for some time.

I mean if they NEVER changed the World Showcase, it would become rather boring. But add a country every 3-5 years, maybe.

I was going to mention I am surprised Brazil isn't added as one given a the country has a strong demographic representation. But after thinking, why leave you country only to visit a pavilion of your country?

Sadly I don't ever see Disney adding more than one or two countries in the next 25 years.

derekleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #27
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:

~Lockedout, thank you so much. As usual, this is yet another fabulous post and I totally agree with you! It's just perfect -- I could not have said this any better!

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #28
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm willing to bet there are tons of plans to expand World Showcase.

Unfortunately, those plans are probably sitting in a file cabinet under an inch of dust.
Reddog1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #29
disneymac000
Mouseketeer

It would be wiser for Disney to add in the train ride they were planning to put in the Japan portion and just expand the countries where they make the most revenue.
disneymac000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:29 PM   #30
manning
Just for that I have requested it be left open!!!
We each have a sore spot....My butt and her right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fommt2 View Post
Without being a smart Alec, Scotland is in the uk dde03
And the Scots aren't too happy about that.
manning is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: